Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 12/26/2015 at 7:15 PM, Clauds said:

^ I doubt VS will even try to push Gigi anymore, they wanted her for one reason only: popularity. And based on the very poor performance the VSFS had in ratings it's pretty obvious she and Kendull failed to deliver, Americans didn't give a single fuck about either of those women and didn't tune in for the show. IMO it shows social media following is overrated once again, in 2012 they had Bieber performing expecting his fans would tune in, results? Ratings were lower than the year before. They did it again this year with Gigi and Kendull and it's pretty obvious it didn't work at all, and dare I say they may have actually turned off some people? 

Jac missing the Swim special worries me a bit because I do love her for VS but she was shooting in Paris and she did have Chanel before VS and they're probably paying her more so In her case I can see (and hope) her absence is just a matter of bad timing. Kate was a given, she's done with VS and I honestly couldn't care less, she's stunning but nobody will miss her as nobody ever even saw her. I was 100% expecting Rachel to show up tho, surprised she ain't there. And I happen to like both Jojo and Vita a lot but I do hope they don't get signed, VS has way too many girls already and while I think they both are great in catalog I just don't see what would be refreshing/new about either of them? If anything I say VS needs to drop girls and go back to having just 6-8 Angels, keep Candice, Behati, Elsa, Lais, Sara, Taylor, Jac and Jasmine.

@Marciotmello I think what Siemgi means is that VS was using Lais constantly because they need a black girl, they knew Chanel was going to be dropped in 2011 and they started grooming Lais to be the token WOC, because when VS didn't have a black girl in the lineup people started bitching about it, now they always make sure to have at least one WOC. They obviously had more options besides Lais but they went with her and I'm glad they did because I think she's amazing for the brand, but the fact is, the main reason why she was working so much in 2011-2012 is because they needed her to represent WOC, atm they didn't have any other WOC in their catalogs as regularly as Lais so they went with her. Jasmine arrived because she's a WOC and American which is gold for VS and also because Lais couldn't be sent to do PR due to her poor English. I do agree with you that VS has too many blondes and they could use some diversity but oh well, the problem is not just with VS but with the whole industry tbh, but with VS it's always been like this, when Tyra left they replaced her with Selita, they dropped Selita and then people got angry for the lack of diversity so they contracted Chanel who flopped and was instantly replaced by Lais. Again, I do think it's lovely they didn't drop Lais in favor of Jasmine, it's been refreshing to have them both there.

I enjoyed reading this finally someone here who isn't kissing ass to everything VS does. Just pure honesty :thumbsup:

I think VS is having such a problem with the whole angel situation/promotion because they haven't been able to master a formula that works for them like they had in 2005. This is when they had Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Karolina, Alessandra, Adriana, Izabel, and Selita. They had the credibility of Heidi and Tyra with Gisele and Karolina as their main girls, Adriana and Alessandra were gaining traction, and Selita and Izabel were viable new faces. Then things started to fall apart. Tyra decided to retire from VS, Heidi became super unreliable because she was having babies every year, Ana Beatriz turned down her angel contract, they couldn't get Daria, Gisele decided to leave, and Karolina got sick and her body changed. The girls who came in during that time (Miranda, Doutzen, and Behati) were impactful but not in the way that VS was used to. The most notable new angel of the  2005-2010 was Marisa Miller but she was really only a temporary fix. She was very famous, she did a lot of promotion, and shot a lot of catalog for VS but she only did 3 commercials.

When Marisa left, VS did that thing where they kind of but not really hired Candice, Chanel, Lindsay, Emanuela, and Rosie as angels. Then they actually hired Candice, Chanel, and Rosie along with Erin and Lily out of nowhere. They dropped Emanuela and put Lindsay in limbo. Rosie quits, they officially pick up Lindsay, drop Chanel, lose Miranda, lose Erin, have a werid Karlie era, and lose Doutzen. During this 5 year period VS seemed to be in a weird place. None of the new girls were getting the mainstream push that girls before them got. Adriana and Alessandra had grown to an iconic level, Doutzen and Miranda did great, and Behati successfully transitioned from pink to the mainline. Candice is obviously a hit but she hasn't been able to draw in people who don't care about VS but thats VS's fault. There was that whole period where she and Erin were the face of everything and killing it but they always had Lindsay on the talk shows and doing the promotion. Lindsay was definitely the most able to do live interviews because Candice came across shy and Erin was bad at interviews. It was very similar to Marisa during her day but they never actually used Lindsay for anything besides makeup tutorials. Lily is a huge question mark because she was a filler girl until she wasn't. I do think if they had known that Doutzen and Karlie were going to go when they did that VS might have kept Erin around. I would have actually loved that.

With the new girls, it seems like they're throwing 10 new girls at us and seeing who sticks. Certain girls are already starting to rise above the others. I don't think Jo really has a chance at being an angel because it isn't a logical decision to sign another girl when you have 15 others and a pink girl. I think the new angels marketing thing is a good new rhythm for them but with 10 girls none of them can really be pulled to stardom without pushing other girls out first.

Swim cover/catalog should be out this Friday or possibly Monday. I'm pretty sure Candice or Josephine got it.

My bet would be Candice's photo with the flower crown or the one with the seashell necklaces

and Josephine had too many good shots. Can't wait to see it.

I'll try posting it once i get a hold of it. I don't come on here as much as i used to :(

Lily started to become more and more recognizable and "famous" because of Taylor Swift. There's no way of denying it even if I'm one of her biggest fan and I love her and her work, but that's the way it is.
Do you think she would had gotten the Fantasy Bra if she wasn't getting the fame she's starting to have? Taylor Swift has a huge fanbase and most of them are young girls in their early 20s and teenagers which seems to be the demographic area VS is trying to sell to right now mainly because of social media and shit. So Lily being close friend with Taylor made her famous in the eyes of the general public.
Same thing with Karlie. She was huge in the modeling industry way before she became an Angel, but no one other than the fashion lovers, the haute couture passionated, editorial readers would have known who she was before her "Taylor Swift is my bff omg sometimes we make out guysssss".

2 hours ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Lily started to become more and more recognizable and "famous" because of Taylor Swift. There's no way of denying it even if I'm one of her biggest fan and I love her and her work, but that's the way it is.
Do you think she would had gotten the Fantasy Bra if she wasn't getting the fame she's starting to have? Taylor Swift has a huge fanbase and most of them are young girls in their early 20s and teenagers which seems to be the demographic area VS is trying to sell to right now mainly because of social media and shit. So Lily being close friend with Taylor made her famous in the eyes of the general public.
Same thing with Karlie. She was huge in the modeling industry way before she became an Angel, but no one other than the fashion lovers, the haute couture passionated, editorial readers would have known who she was before her "Taylor Swift is my bff omg sometimes we make out guysssss".

I agree. It was the year of the "girl squad" and being bffs with Taylor gave her a big push, not just with VS but in the modeling industry as well. I love Lily but no one can deny that at least part of the success she's had over the years is due to her various connections. I think her getting the FB this year was a combination of the work she was doing outside of VS in 2014/15 (more so 2015 since the work she did for VS dropped substantially), after she came back from having Dixie she was used a lot more by VS and has improved as model and the fact that (IMO) she's leaving soon so it was sort of a parting gift. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a year similar to Ale's this year where she does the swim special, the holiday commercial and the show only. Maybe with a couple of shoots for VS sprinkled in there as well. 

My money is on Candice, Josephine or a group shot for the Swim cover.

RANDOM TOPIC: about Lily

I'm still salty that Lily's fantasy bra was ugly as f*uck 

I would always imagine her in a light pink pastel or just anything that isn't f*cking  ugly like that bra they gave her. 

Insta-image-23.thumb.jpg.74e33ff37234aa3  Lord and then when she wore the bra on stage the sh*t was slightly crooked. :cry2:

Eta: not cricked - crooked I blame America for my horrible grammar. 

8 minutes ago, lovelyvs said:

I was aware. I was wondering about that. I haven't seen much from Lais, wanted some more.

I could be wrong but aren't pictures uploaded to the server before they're available for sale? So the images would have already been released? 

33 minutes ago, BlueMoonX said:

RANDOM TOPIC: about Lily

I'm still salty that Lily's fantasy bra was ugly as f*uck 

I would always imagine her in a light pink pastel or just anything that isn't f*cking  ugly like that bra they gave her. 

Lord and then when she wore the bra on stage the sh*t was slightly cricked. :cry2:

I'm never gonna forgive them for giving her the worst fantasy bra ever made. Even more tragic was the way they stiled it on the show. Poor girl, I bet she knew deep down herself she was wearing something awful AF. She deserved better.

2 minutes ago, lovelyvs said:

That's pretty true.. Feels like there's more to that IG post then.

I doubt it. I'd say maybe a swim commercial? They'll probably release more pictures of the Bora Bora shoot with their second swim catalouge though- I think this is just the first batch. :flower: 

34 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

I'm never gonna forgive them for giving her the worst fantasy bra ever made. Even more tragic was the way they stiled it on the show. Poor girl, I bet she knew deep down herself she was wearing something awful AF. She deserved better.

The worst FB ever made was Adriana's 2008 lopsided one.

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I doubt it. I'd say maybe a swim commercial? They'll probably release more pictures of the Bora Bora shoot with their second swim catalouge though- I think this is just the first batch. :flower: 

It's just the catalog, while the pictures are already on the server and we've seen them, people outside VS forums and such haven't seen them and won't see them until the catalog drops, the pictures are out already and that's it. Vol 2 I think will be the pictures from St. Barths and the swim special.

I'd love a swim commercial tho, I don't think they've ever done one? It would be lovely but I don't remember seeing a commercial crew in Bora Bora.

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

It's just the catalog, while the pictures are already on the server and we've seen them, people outside VS forums and such haven't seen them and won't see them until the catalog drops, the pictures are out already and that's it. Vol 2 I think will be the pictures from St. Barths and the swim special.

I'd love a swim commercial tho, I don't think they've ever done one? It would be lovely but I don't remember seeing a commercial crew in Bora Bora.

They did a swim commercial last year if I'm remembering right, and I know they've done them before. 

Yup. Swim commercial. 

http://youtu.be/qJ9HpZrGl0E 

I think Jerome usually does them if they don't have a special director there though, and I can't remember if he was there or not.