Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Did Naomi or Angela ever do anything with VS besides the shows? I notice that they were always treated very well. They both opened sections and some years even got 3 outfits. Were they working with the brand and I'm just unaware or was it just because they were supermodels?

As much as we how some of us hate the new child like strategy it's working. They're making much more I'm pretty sure than during the Gisele/Tyra/Heidi era where the models were the main stars. It wasn't the performers or who attended to the show, it was them as they star power and name credibility to the general public. Plus I do think Pink started to usher in the girl next door more teenager like vibe of the show, if you guys watch the 2007 VSFS or somewhere along those years, you'll notice that in one of the cutaway scenes Ed was telling all the models to be flirty and fun and goofy and stuff as opposed to say, following Gisele's footsteps during the opening of the 2006 show. 

Funny thing is, my mom who use to be an avid Victoria's Secret shopper until Heidi Klum left (she and Heidi were both born in the same year so she always said that if Heidi Klum can pop out babies and still wear and look sexy in their undies and bras, she'd still do it too, I guess Heidi leaving made her feel old haha) she'd sometimes tell me during my shopping trips to VS that she knew that the moment Pink came the teenagers were gonna take over the brand. I mean, we still enjoy watching the show ever year as a bonding thing but she always tells me she was right. 

I do agree though, younger more teenage like girls is a much more smarter move for VS. Notice how most of the newer angels don't really make the top 5/10 highest earning models during the year? It tends to be from my memory the older angels from the 2000s or ex angels who make the most as opposed to their newer counterpart. Heck, I don't even think they pay them millions because now that Doutzen's no longer an angel her contract only took away half a million of her earnings from last year unless she got new contracts. Also notice how they seem to care more about social media, which is stupid if you ask me. Kendall Jenner may have 44 million followers but how many actually give a flying shit about her modeling career or life outside of being Kim K's younger sister and the show? And how many are actually gonna buy her products just because she's using it, or are even real fans of Kendall's? Many of my friends follow random people on instagram not because they like them, but because they're popular or instagram keeps telling them to follow them or something. Also, how many of her followers are actually real? You can buy followers and fake or inactive accounts run rampant through just about any site. Seriously, this is some of the flaws with the social media age. Social media's associated with youth and young people seem to love using it and all that crap and gets the word out to teens. Actually that's a double sided sword because we know what happened this year :rofl::rofl: . 

On a side note on my rant about VS and their teenage age now, but I do agree! The fantasy bra has to be a part of the holiday commercial! I mean it just makes sense now because it's the main piece and probably the most expensive piece in the show (only rivaled by the price of the entertainers :rofl: ). Besides it's shot for the holidays and the fb is featured on the catalogs so why not feature it? I mean, Victoria's Secret stopped making their bras worth in the 10 millions and are now making it 2 million each year unless you're a certain blonde from South Africa, so if they can't use it because it's too precious or too much of a hassle to bring around then well it's worth significantly less then before so use it! Sorry for this off side rant haha. 

Random Topic : About Blanca Padilla

tumblr_nr62kbtKgp1u7zco7o1_1280.thumb.jp

Do you guys see VS pulling a Barbara Palvin and bringing her in out of nowhere to work with them ?  Her career is starting to rise in the high fashion scene making several appearance in Dolce & Gabanna and appearing on both Vogue and Bazzar covers. I remember when VS fans saw her in 2014 they went crazy over her and were in love. Oh and so Ed doesn't loose his sh*t her Instagram following is okay as well with almost 300,000 followers.  

image_010.thumb.jpg.3e2b8f868eff2a92a3bd 

She was suppose to make a appearance In last years fashion show,  but they had to make room for connection baby  Gigi Hadid. 

But I don't know maybe this is just me wanting something new.