Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

4 minutes ago, Sanni said:

What does she actually give of herself for people to like her?

Nothing. She doesn't give us anything. She just looks (to some people) beautiful. That's it, like every other model on this planet, some find her cute and a cool, some don't :idk: 

Also the MET Gala looks are boring, most of the girls look beautiful but boring as fuck. Wish they had followed the theme at least for once, Vogue may as well stop having themed shit if only Rihanna will follow the theme every year 

Elsa has been at the VS game for a long time. I don’t see her becoming much more popular in the future by doing the same things so she might as well be dropped from the Angel roster.

And yes, “pretty” pictures should not be enough on the level of a VS Angel. These girls owe a lot to the veterans who made the position so covetable – Tyra, Heidi, Gisele etc. They had personality.

I'm not Elsa biggest fan, I actually don't care about her but a lot of people do like her, she have a well estabilished fanbase, and she does a good work for VS as a model and as a spokesperson for what I had see. Who says she want or need to be more popular anyway? She seems really happy with what she have and, as for VS, she must sell really well because they love her.

46 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Why does everyone keep hanging Elsa’s name around for these lists? Is it because it’s “expected” around here? Does anyone really care about her aside from some fans who have glommed onto her?

I am not fan of Elsa but I am trying to be realistic seem like VS team really likes her. If it was for me all the current angels I would drop all of them. I would have:

Cameron Rorrison, Yara Kmidan, Gigi Paris, Xian Quon, Dani Lopez, Vita Sidorkina, Bregje Heinen, Bojana Krsmovanic, Megan Irwin 

I don't think VS is going to cut anyone this year and tbh, I don't see anyone leaving in 2018 either. They seem to be pretty happy with their current line up in terms of the number of contracted angels and the models themselves. They have the vets around to shoot occasionally (holidays, the odd shoot or campaign here and there) and do press events from time to time and the newer girls who do the bulk of the shooting/commercial work and events for campaigns. 

Lais said she signed for two more years so I imagine that's what most of the NA signed for as well. Some may have signed for more years but I don't think any signed for less than that. IMO, the only ones I can see either leaving or being let go in the next couple of years are Ale, Lily, Behati and Martha. Maybe Stella too. They'll hold onto Adriana and Candice as long as they can and they'll stick around for the easy paycheck.

I would love to see Grace become an angel but I don't think that happens for a couple of more years.

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

It’s time to clean house. I haven’t gotten attached to any of the so-called new Angels. Most of them seem to have nice careers going so they would not be in big trouble after getting cut by VS.

Who would you see cut?

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

Elsa has been at the VS game for a long time. I don’t see her becoming much more popular in the future by doing the same things so she might as well be dropped from the Angel roster.

And yes, “pretty” pictures should not be enough on the level of a VS Angel. These girls owe a lot to the veterans who made the position so covetable – Tyra, Heidi, Gisele etc. They had personality.

I feel the exact same way towards Lily, yet I've been stuck with her for almost a decade. And honestly literally none of their young Angels (or anyone they have contracted since 2007/2008) is anywhere near the leves of Tyra, Heidi or Gisele, so they may as well drop their entire lineup except for Adriana, Alessandra and maybe Candice :idk:

There's some girls I'd like to see getting dropped either because I don't like them or because even tho I like them, I feel like they add nothing to the brand. However, it's been two years, these women ain't "new" anymore, they've been in the brand for at least a good two or three years already, nobody has been dropped so clearly they are all working out and selling and unless they decide to leave, I doubt VS is dropping people soon. In this day and age with social media you need enough people to reach as many possible clients as you can and by having a dozen of Angels they appeal more people i.e: I like Elsa, you don't, you like Lily and I don't. Result: We both have a model in the lineup we like, it's a win for VS.

Took me a while but I've come to terms with the facts that they'll probably never find another Gisele/Adriana/Candice, and that the good old days of a selective group of Angels are long dead. 

^ Lily has been working with them since 2009.

While I like Elsa sometimes, I'd have to agree that I feel she doesn't bring much to the brand anymore. I think it's because people are used to seeing her do PINK for ages, then all of a sudden she started mainline and I feel like sometimes she looks too young, even though she is almost 30. She just has a very young looking face, which doesn't really fit some of the mainline shoots. I guess the constant duck face making, posting nothing but selfies of yourself and trying to look cute doesn't help either, whenever people post candids of her she either makes a duck face (how original :angel:), smiles, or seems to be hysterically laughing at who knows what. It doesn't really give the impression of a more mature model... If I didn't know her real age, I'd definitely think she'd be around 19/20 years old, and a lot of that has to do with how she portrays herself on social media. I always wonder what changed though because if you look back at her older pictures on instagram or her twitter, she was definitely more interesting in a way a couple of years ago. She'd show different things of her life, what she was up to, some cute selfies here and there, pictures of work/new campaigns, traveling pictures... Now it's just "me, me, and oh wait, me again". 

Someone care to explain what is wrong though with people not liking Elsa as much? Not everyone can like or adore her the way some on here do. I don't really get the idea that she wants more than this though, so I don't really see her quitting VS anytime soon.

I don't think that what you post on social media reflects on your real life or your personality especially when we are talking about models, singers, actors, celebs. Most people that will follow someone famous nowdays don't care if you are smart and sensitive and post nice pictures, they want selfies and sexy poses so that is what they get. Propably the agencies also say to the girls to post these kind of pictures to get more likes and followers. Also models are girls with great face-body most of the time and they like to show it of, it's an insecurity a lot of people have. I have friends that post selfies all the time and they are not even models, their career dosn't depend on their pretty face!

1 hour ago, jena92 said:

I don't think that what you post on social media reflects on your real life or your personality especially when we are talking about models, singers, actors, celebs. Most people that will follow someone famous nowdays don't care if you are smart and sensitive and post nice pictures, they want selfies and sexy poses so that is what they get. Propably the agencies also say to the girls to post these kind of pictures to get more likes and followers. Also models are girls with great face-body most of the time and they like to show it of, it's an insecurity a lot of people have. I have friends that post selfies all the time and they are not even models, their career dosn't depend on their pretty face!

Right, because the modelling world is all about inner beauty... :rofl: I'm not saying having a good personality doesn't help or that it's not good, but looks are very important. You can be the sweetest girl/guy in the room but if you don't have the right look or the look they're going for, then forget it.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with models posting selfies etc, but it is kinda odd how they always talk about wanting to be a good role model for younger girls, and trying to portray that in their social media, yet I still don't understand how posting a picture of yourself nearly naked quite often (just an example), makes for a good role model? I'm not even talking about pictures they post that have something to do with their job. I mean, some of these VS girls upload pictures of themselves in lingerie while at work (ok I get that, promoting the brand etc, that all makes sense), but then they go home and still feel the need to post yet another picture of themselves half naked, or showing their new "necklace" but really showing off their cleavage? What exactly is the point? 

Nowadays it seems to be the norm on social media, if you don't post half naked selfies, butt pictures, or whatever that's trendy at the moment, then you're considered lame and boring. Sad if you ask me, but it's the hard truth. To say that most of these people who follow models/famous people don't care whether or not they're smart or intelligent is just plain wrong, if I'm interested in someone famous I still care and would like to see more about their "normal" lives and not just the glitter and glamour parts. Seeing celebrities do normal things actually makes us "normal" people feel like we can relate to them, in a way, and believe it or not, that's what fans want as well.

Elsa has a hustler mentality so it’s very likely that she noticed that her selfies and pictures where she is as nude as possible get the most likes so she decided to post those kinds of pictures almost exclusively. The whole stroking of the ego thing doesn’t hurt either I bet.

I agree that it’d be better to diversify and not go for the “sex sells” angle all the time. Trying to appeal to other than the male demographic on occasion could add some much needed charm to her.

56 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Elsa has a hustler mentality so it’s very likely that she noticed that her selfies and pictures where she is as nude as possible get the most likes so she decided to post those kinds of pictures almost exclusively. The whole stroking of the ego thing doesn’t hurt either I bet.

I agree that it’d be better to diversify and not go for the “sex sells” angle all the time. Trying to appeal to other than the male demographic on occasion could add some much needed charm to her.

I don't mind the "hustler mentality" at all, but like you said, a little diversity wouldn't hurt. :smile: 

13 hours ago, Clauds said:

Also the MET Gala looks are boring, most of the girls look beautiful but boring as fuck. Wish they had followed the theme at least for once, Vogue may as well stop having themed shit if only Rihanna will follow the theme every year 

Sooo True

The Met Gala Exposed Just How Boring Corporate Fashion Has Become

By Véronique Hyland

We’ve long since moved past the point where celebrities dressed for themselves, and expressed a kind of kooky personal style, for awards shows. Now that almost every A-lister is the face of a brand or has a collaboration to promote, gaming the red carpet has become a less and less thrilling exercise, and the swan-dress moments are few and far between. But fashion’s creeping dullness, its risk aversion, and its preference for the blandly tasteful over the statement-making have never been thrown into such high relief as at last night’s Met gala.

That’s because, unlike previous years’ broad themes, like Punk or Tech, where celebrities could opt out or meet the concept halfway — say, with a robot arm — this year’s centered around a designer who stands in opposition to everything fashion has become. Rei Kawakubo’s work refuses to make its wearer merely ornamental. A woman in Comme des Garçons can’t be a designer’s arm candy — she takes up space and forces everyone to reckon with her.

Kawakubo has taken aim at our obsession with contouring the perfect body by inserting lumps and bumps into clothes, turned dresses into straitjackets, and covered gowns in fake blood. Even the exhibition, with a set designed by Kawakubo herself, strays from the typical “fashion exhibit” protocol — the setup is nonlinear, allowing the visitor to wander freely, and there is no wall text to explain or comfort the viewer when faced with these unusual fashions. Comme des Garçons isn’t easy, commercial, “wearable,” or any of the things fashion is supposed to be right now.

And that’s why the few people who really succeeded last night were those wearing bona fide Comme des Garçons, not another designer’s approximation. (To be fair, anyone trying to copy Kawakubo was bound for disaster.) Rihanna, who wore a look from the 18th-Century Punk collection from fall 2016, was widely named best dressed of the night because, as someone put it on Twitter, she did her homework. She and her stylist, Mel Ottenberg, strove to understand what Rei was about and to pay her homage. (Much as she did with her Guo Pei look at the 2015 gala.) The rapturous response to Rih’s look shows how starved people are for fashion that isn’t “safe.” And Caroline Kennedy, in a mile-wide, arm-constricting design that People magazine called a “floral sphere,” was another standout. (Her look came from the same collection as Rihanna’s.) But most of the looks revealed not just designers’ lack of understanding of Kawakubo’s work, but the way in which her genius threatens their status quo.

Source: http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/05/met-gala-2017-fashion-analysis.html

4 hours ago, *Luna* said:

To say that most of these people who follow models/famous people don't care whether or not they're smart or intelligent is just plain wrong, if I'm interested in someone famous I still care and would like to see more about their "normal" lives and not just the glitter and glamour parts. Seeing celebrities do normal things actually makes us "normal" people feel like we can relate to them, in a way, and believe it or not, that's what fans want as well.

I do agree on that but I'm not sure if everyone uses social media the same way, especially those at a younger age. A 15year old maybe doen't want to see "normal", just a sexy body, that is not wrong, it's normal for their age to want different things and growing up to want something completely different

21 hours ago, Sanni said:

"Fierce" is the word you're looking for.