Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 6/28/2016 at 4:02 AM, 17 Moments of Spring said:

Money is not everything.

Agreed. In our case, there's the legitimisation of xenophobia and racism, the probable break-up of the United Kingdom, the strain being placed on the Irish peace process and the coming government attacks on everything from workers' rights to the health service to think about, too.

On 6/28/2016 at 4:02 AM, 17 Moments of Spring said:

So they don't "isolate themselves".

Alas, I can understand why one would vote for leave.

They do isolate themselves, by not taking part in the conversation. If Norway for example were in the EU then they could argue the case for regulations to be more sympathetic to their policies. They're not, so their interests will never be a priority at the top table. They're influenced by what goes on, but it's a one-way street.

I'm a reasonable guy, I know there are pros and cons to both arguments. But an important debate should be based on realities, and no-one had a sensible or practical forecast of how this was all supposed to come to fruition. Let's face it, the 'Leave' campaign was built around a bunch of phantom policies that disappeared into the wind literally the morning after the results came in. They made promises that they knew fine well were unachievable, and now that we're going, the people who supported them in poorer parts of the country will be the first ones to feel the consequences.

eA6yO0r.gif

Basically, the referendum had no real legal value. That's Cameron who gave it one in resigning that fastly ... So, no, i thought to that too, but nope :D 

The way England thought they could stay in desptite the result make me laugh. England was the most priviliged member of the Union, and now they did that, and despite their whole negative actions since they entered in the 70s, they thought they could stay IN / OUT is just ridiculous. GET OUT OF HERE NOW lol 

Sorry @Michael* :p 

1 hour ago, jj3 said:

Basically, the referendum had no real legal value. That's Cameron who gave it one in resigning that fastly ... So, no, i thought to that too, but nope :D 

The way England thought they could stay in desptite the result make me laugh. England was the most priviliged member of the Union, and now they did that, and despite their whole negative actions since they entered in the 70s, they thought they could stay IN / OUT is just ridiculous. GET OUT OF HERE NOW lol 

Sorry @Michael* :p 

Well, ignoring the referendum would mean our politicians having to show courage and leadership, so we can almost certainly put that down as a non-starter. Our best bet now would probably be for the Queen to rise up like her great-great-grandmother did and dissolve parliament, although I can't think of many 100-year-olds who would have the energy for that. :closedeyes:

46 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Well, ignoring the referendum would mean our politicians having to show courage and leadership, so we can almost certainly put that down as a non-starter. Our best bet now would probably be for the Queen to rise up like her great-great-grandmother did and dissolve parliament, although I can't think of many 100-year-olds who would have the energy for that. :closedeyes:

I always thought the Queen was an Euro lover, so, why not, she's the only one able to do that now ...

30 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Why do we call fries French fries in the states? Why not Belgium fries instead? :D

Republicans requested the same kind of things, at the time of GW Bush :D They wanted to call them "Freedom Fries" lol