Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

8 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

@Stormbringer @Joe > Average @Enrico_sw @Stromboli1

When you already wear pads and tampons every 28 days, but you want to mimic flow and discharge with tomato juice popsicles in your pants. Stunning and Brave Womans

FlFXEjxaMAAsjDQ.jpgimage.png

When are we all gonna wake up and put these people in mental asylums.

This AI art is awesome and gives a look as to how a "Metal Gear Solid" film could pan out.

The game movie has been in development hell for many years, with news of something being made from time to time and then..nothing.

20 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Avatar 2 is actually doing well in the box office, and will surpass Top Gun 2 soon.  I guess they had good marketing & sales analytics that went against common sense logic.  In this case common sense was wrong. 

What do you mean with "against common sense"?

(I haven't seen the movie yet BTW)

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

What do you mean with "against common sense"?

(I haven't seen the movie yet BTW)

Have you seen the original Avatar?

It was a mediocre film with outstanding special effects.  It was considered forgettable by audiences although it was the biggest grossing movie of all time.

COVID-19 damaged the movie industry and since then nobody really cared about the Avatar franchise since 2009.

IMHO I found the characters to be creepy and I can't be the only person who thinks this way.

The second film's reviews revealed that the movie has the same general pattern of being OK but with CGI as the main draw.

So far the film is poised to be in the top 10 grossing films of all time.

4 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Have you seen the original Avatar?

It was a mediocre film with outstanding special effects.  It was considered forgettable by audiences although it was the biggest grossing movie of all time.

COVID-19 damaged the movie industry and since then nobody really cared about the Avatar franchise since 2009.

IMHO I found the characters to be creepy and I can't be the only person who thinks this way.

The second film's reviews revealed that the movie has the same general pattern of being OK but with CGI as the main draw.

So far the film is poised to be in the top 10 grossing films of all time.

Yes, I've seen the 1st one, but I don't remember much of the movie :laugh: I liked it, but it was more for its CGI than anything else.

Wokeness has damaged the movie industry way more than Covid. I know lots of directors use covid as a cover up, but if they were less dogmatic and political, more people would watch their movies.

The story in the 1st one was cute. Not very elaborate, but at least there was some ideas IIRC.

@SympathysSilhouette  what do you think of dance with dragons and feast for crows?

The books, while mildly entertaining, seems to be a bit of a failure to me as part of a saga.  

To be honest I am rather disappointed with the final two books.  I originally started reading it to create my own ending for the saga and to 'make peace' with the unfinished story.  

But the content in 4 and 5 are like a collection of thin reeds to me.  They are not well developed enough to develop a final act from.  I think GRRM dropped the ball here in these two books.

I'm thinking that the 'real' Song of Ice and Fire is largely contained in Books 1-3.  So the book can actually end after the Red & Purple Weddings and Tywin's end.  The threads that move on beyond that are too undeveloped to build a final act for the saga.

Season of Storms ends in a devastating manner, a really nihilistic and cautionary end with several key characters killed off while just in the middle of their character arc while the rest are still 'stuck' in the beginning/middle as well.

So the reader could just come up with a preferred epilogue for all the characters based on what we know from 4, 5 and the show.  No final act, just a bunch of final thoughts on what the fate of the survivors will be.

16 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, I've seen the 1st one, but I don't remember much of the movie :laugh: I liked it, but it was more for its CGI than anything else.

Wokeness has damaged the movie industry way more than Covid. I know lots of directors use covid as a cover up, but if they were less dogmatic and political, more people would watch their movies.

The story in the 1st one was cute. Not very elaborate, but at least there was some ideas IIRC.

For me I just don't like the cat people/blue aliens very much (find them creepy and uninteresting) and I really dislike the main character, Jake Sully.  He has no interesting aspects and also is a self-serving backstabber to me.  Not someone I root for at all in films.   My favorite part of the film is actually the future tech and military technology of the humans, they remind me of the ALIENS aesthetic, which was also directed by Cameron.

Avatar 2 scenes are already being leaked on youtube.  I saw some of the key scenes already.  Avatar 2's action sequences remind me a bit of Waterworld except this film is successful.  The film over-doses on the aliens, god they are creepy.

Avatar 4 is already being made.  I guess the success of 2 will make the likihood of Avatar 5 high as well.

5 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

It's been so long since I have read the books that it is hard for me to remember what happens in which book!

But I would say that I agree that most of the best stuff is in the first three books.

oh, that's why.  I also suspect that GRRM wrote book 4 and 5 to make it 'filmable' for the show.  He was a professional staff writer for TV for a long time.

I still have to read the winds of winter link you posted here.

After I read that I will sit down and write some bullets on how I'd like the saga to end.

Honestly I think a Song of Ice and Fire is a half-finished story.  The 'middle act' itself is only half-written.