Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

About 9 hrs out of 45 for Dance of Dragons.  So far it's much better than Feast for Crows and way more interesting with a lot more plot momentum. It's kind of odd that GRRM didn't as well with the first half (Feast) and then eventually got his stride in.  

Also rather excessive at times is how he unnecessarily includes long descriptions of the food they are eating, as if he was a culinary writer.  There is even a spin-off book on the food writing.  No wonder he is fatass:

9780804180825The Inn at the Crossroads – Where fiction and good food meet…

I am halfway done with Dance of Dragons.  So far I give it a 4 out of 5.  The first 1/3 of the book started strong but the mid-way point the prose starts to weaken.

So far it is not as good as Storm of Swords (4.7 out of 5) but it is better than Feast for Crows (3.5 out of 5).  I think GRRM's limitations as a writer starts showing up in the last two books.

In a way the excessive food descriptions (literally 3 % of the text) are a form of world building but I find them more a waste of time than actually providing value.  Another problem is repetition of tropes, and also the vulgarity that is intended to shock.  This stuff worked well in the first 3 books but when GRRM starts to recycle them they lose a lot of impact.  These situations/aspects should be unique to various characters and not reused several times.

The plot also moves incredibly slowly again, I feel suffocated by it at times.

On 12/24/2022 at 5:22 PM, SuperG.Girl said:

yes .... in person actually. A pretty hot fuck....she's even better in reality :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was sure of it :laugh:

I know lots of pretty women and I rarely get enthusiastic about them any more, but Eva Kaili is extremely pretty. She's one of the best women I've seen.

Unfortunately, she's a scammer too...

2 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

@Stormbringer @Joe > Average @Enrico_sw @Stromboli1

When you already wear pads and tampons every 28 days, but you want to mimic flow and discharge with tomato juice popsicles in your pants. Stunning and Brave Womans

FlFXEjxaMAAsjDQ.jpgimage.png

This is next level :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a clown world! 🤡