Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

26 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

oh, that's why.  I also suspect that GRRM wrote book 4 and 5 to make it 'filmable' for the show.  He was a professional staff writer for TV for a long time.

I still have to read the winds of winter link you posted here.

After I read that I will sit down and write some bullets on how I'd like the saga to end.

Honestly I think a Song of Ice and Fire is a half-finished story.  The 'middle act' itself is only half-written.

Probably also why it is taking him so long to write the sixth and seventh book.

There are two Hannahs to remember:

- Hannah Arendt: great philosopher whose studies of totalitarian movements is essential (it's important to read it today, as new forms of totalitarianism - like Wokeness - have emerged)

- Hannah Ferguson: model with one of the best smile and body I know.

And they both have a song:

On 1/2/2023 at 2:08 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Hmm.

PS: BTW, Joe, you used to have a poem or some sort in your signature (with lots of puns like "Full Metal Alchimister" IIRC). I liked it! Do you still have it?

That is Clown World the terminated twitter page that was featured in this thread.

To Full Metal Alchemist and the sig, I didn't know anyone here knew what I was talking about. I don't see any sigs because I disabled it in order to scroll pages faster. :ninja:  I'll see if I can find it. 

On 1/3/2023 at 9:45 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Probably also why it is taking him so long to write the sixth and seventh book.

I believe that we as fans can make our own ending if GRRM is not up to it.

I'm at the final 6 hours of the audiobook, and at Cersei's 'Walk of Shame'.  So this is where the book ends (compared to the series).

For me I'm thinking of my ending as being positive/happy/wise in nature as as philosophically and morally ideal as possible.  I would like to see as many 'redemption arcs' as possible for the villians and anti-heroes.  Basically a Witcher ending.

I was thinking about it the other day.  Not finalized or anything:

eg.

-Cersei gets her revenge on the High sparrow and faith like in the show, maybe not in the same way but the threat to the Lannisters is removed.  She gets mortally wounded and has a painful, slow lingering death.  Jaime spends weeks with her and there is some sort of final 'redemption' and final understanding of her wrongs and issues from the dying bed.   With her death, Jaime is free to take command of the Lannisters and is also free of her.  He marries Brienne of Tarth.

-Tyrion partners up the dwarf girl, Penny and gets over his issues while being advisor to Dany.

-The White Walkers start to stream-roll Westeros.  By Circumstance, The Boltons and their allies are the first to confront them and they get annhilated.

-Stannis and Davos become Jon Snow's mentors and the Jon Snow character grows a lot in maturity and wisdom.   They fight the White Walkers but are defeated.  Stannis dies a hero's death with Melisandre dies a heroine's death.  Both realize that the prophecy of Azor Ahai was wrong.  Jon Snow and Davos and the remnants retreat South.

-The Human factions pause their Civil war as it is clear that the White Walkers are worse than anything else.  Jon Snow unites the humans against the White Walkers.  The White Walkers are defeated but at heavy cost to the humans, and all of Dany's dragons are dead.  So this is like 'nuclear disarmament' but in medieval terms.

-Jon Snow and Dany become King and Queen.  Jon Snow is not a hidden Targaryen or anything, just Eddard Stark's Basterd.  No incest or anything.

-real straightforward ending that would have been way more satisfying than the one fans got in the show, and would have made everyone happy.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:12 AM, Joe > Average said:

That is Clown World the terminated twitter page that was featured in this thread.

To Full Metal Alchemist and the sig, I didn't know anyone here knew what I was talking about. I don't see any sigs because I disabled it in order to scroll pages faster. :ninja:  I'll see if I can find it. 

I love puns, full metal alchemist is one of my favorite animes and I like green eyes like Neta Alchimister's.

Which reminds me that I hadn't listened to this song for a long time!

Clown world is still alive on twitter :bounce:

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_

Just now, Enrico_sw said:

Clown world is still alive on twitter :bounce:

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_

@Joe > Average Do you know this account on insta?

https://www.instagram.com/ihypocritical/?hl=en

Sometimes they talk about the same subjects as Clown World, but it's sadder here... (like the story of the de-transitioned ex-navy SEAL, really sad story).

Laughing too hard at the childish infighting within the Republican party :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 votes for speak of the house and they STILL can't get poor McCarthy to win no mater how hard they try... poor babies :cry: :rofl:

America first? Great leadership? Taking back America? Make America great again? :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

I guess a good lesson learned on not supporting extremists in your own party? Pfft, ya right... Republicans never learn or too busy covering their own asses, pathetic bunch! Glad to see them imploding from within and I can't wait for high school drop out Lauren Boebert, nut case in need of meds Marjorie Taylor Greene, sex trafficker Matt Gaetz, and finally Mr. Liar Liar pants of fire "my mother died twice to cover my lies" George Santos to fracture whatever is left :rofl:

Final 6-7 hrs or so of Dance of Dragons gets significantly better.  The book is front and back loaded, with the much weaker content in the middle- approx. 50% of the book can be removed or condensed.

It is interesting that the books end with Jon Snow given the Julius Caesar treatment, Dany at Dragonstone, and Cersei's walk of shame.  The rest of the show is D & D with GRRM as a consultant. 

It is also left unclear that Sir Strong is actually an undead Mountain. 

Robert Strong/Theories - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

And wow, Winds of Winter preview chapters are 160 pages long lol

MasterfileUpdate2019.pdf (dropbox.com)

19 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

These AI are impressive!

How long before one of them becomes skynet and tries to deal with humans...?

terminator-genisys-gif-5883abec5acb5.gif

This technology (midjourney) is a big threat to artists, for sure.

So far the stuff that's showing up on youtube is more creative and more interesting than the fanart I've seen!

^ in the movies/games about machines, which universe do you prefer: the one where machines and mankind fight (Matrix, Terminator, etc.), or, the one where mankind and the machine merge (Cyberpunk, Deus Ex, etc.)?

Question for everybody, BTW :bounce: