Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Their boss and marketing team are scammers... This relates to what they did with Fallout 76 (and Fallout 4 to a lesser extent). They made false advertising, stingy micro-transaction, pay-to-win system and many blatant rip-offs. Not to mention that the game was very bugged. There has been lawsuits against them (links: F4 and F76)

I think Skyrim and Doom were unaffected (because they're solo games - and the backlash talked some sense into them).

Ah, that sucks... looks like EA-like tactics.

But at least Skyrim is older than both those Fallout, so I guess they started with it later? Though neither Doom nor Skyrim are solo games: Skyrim being The Elder Scrolls V, and Doom a reboot of an already rather long series with a new release rather recently (with I haven't yet played). 

But yeah, in general I really don't like this trend of having tons of DLCs for every game.

5 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Ah, that sucks... looks like EA-like tactics.

Yep, I guess they were "inspired" by EA.......  There are always copycats in the thieving industry :laugh:

But at least Skyrim is older than both those Fallout, so I guess they started with it later?

Yes, they started with Fallout 76 (2018).  They had a model I like a lot in their trailer (Courtney James, here's her thread), so I was very excited at first... then I found out. 

I'm not that angry for Fallout 4, it's not perfect, but still a good game (unlike Fallout 76)

Though neither Doom nor Skyrim are solo games: Skyrim being The Elder Scrolls V, and Doom a reboot of an already rather long series with a new release rather recently (with I haven't yet played).

Oh, I meant solo as in "not mulitplayer" (solo is the word we use in French for "single player").  Though I guess Doom has a multiplayer mode too.

2 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Emily Ratajkowski named her son Sylvester Apollo Bear

Is it better than Elon who named his child "X Æ A-12"?:idk:   Sylvester is pretty cool actually:bounce:

3Bk.gif

Nothing surprises me in 2021 anyway... particularly when it comes from this big self-destructive country on the other side of the Atlantic. :ninja:

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Oh, I meant solo as in "not mulitplayer" (solo is the word we use in French for "single player").  Though I guess Doom has a multiplayer mode too.

Ooooh I suspected we may her been talking about different things about "solo games" :rofl: 

Yes, Skyrim is indeed single player and Doom though it does have a Multiplayer mode, it's main focus is definitely the single player.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Music, gaming, sports? :idk:

Music! Particularly guitar now :chicken: 

20 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Ooooh I suspected we may her been talking about different things about "solo games" :rofl:

Oh, I didn't think about that one, but I guess it could mean that too :rofl: 

They say there's a "75% similitude" between French/Spanish. I can definitely understand some Spanish words and I speak Italian (not as good as I'd want)  which is closer to Spanish). I've got several friends from university who learnt Spanish and now live in Latin America (including Chile).:bounce:

20 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Music! Particularly guitar now :chicken: 

Oh, which one? :bounce:

37 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

They say there's a "75% similitude" between French/Spanish. I can definitely understand some Spanish words and I speak Italian (not as good as I'd want)  which is closer to Spanish). I've got several friends from university who learnt Spanish and now live in Latin America (including Chile).:bounce:

I'm actually learning French. And it's indeed very similar, so I'd say the 75% is pretty accurate and it might be even a bit more.

The problem with French (for me that is) is its pronunciation. With the little knowledge of the language I have so far I can understand a good deal of some written texts (maybe around a 70%?). But when listening to spoken French... I'm still completely lost except for maybe some words here and there :chicken: 

5 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Oh, which one? :bounce:

I missed this... :chicken: 

I was practicing a couple of guitar solos, quite difficult ones (Pantera's Psycho Holiday, Megadeth's Tornado Of Souls, Annihilator's 21, Scorpions' Sails Of Charon) and made a rather quick progress after hours of "obsessive-level" practicing. And correct practicing too: starting veeeery slow.

BUT... I broke a string today and have no replacements as I thought I had :banghead: 

23 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I'm actually learning French. And it's indeed very similar, so I'd say the 75% is pretty accurate and it might be even a bit more.

You are? That's great! :bounce:Is it for fun or do you have a specific purpouse? You know there's actually a part of France in South America (Guyana). Have you been there? That's a nice place.

23 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

The problem with French (for me that is) is its pronunciation. With the little knowledge of the language I have so far I can understand a good deal of some written texts (maybe around a 70%?). But when listening to spoken French... I'm still completely lost except for maybe some words here and there :chicken: 

Yes, it's hard for me to understand spoken Spanish as well. I think it's got to do with the facts that I can't detect when a word ends and another starts.  Then the intonation makes it harder and the speaking pace are quite different too. The hardest "latin (romance) language" for me is probably Portuguese. :idk:

19 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I missed this... :chicken: 

I was practicing a couple of guitar solos, quite difficult ones (Pantera's Psycho Holiday, Megadeth's Tornado Of Souls, Annihilator's 21, Scorpions' Sails Of Charon) and made a rather quick progress after hours of "obsessive-level" practicing. And correct practicing too: starting veeeery slow.

That's cool! I didn't know all of these solos. Interesting ones!