Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

@Enrico_sw  also the Dark Souls 3/Sekiro Wikia is extremely helpful for lore and gameplay information. 

Come to think of it there are a couple of Souls 3 bosses that could've been better in the base game.  Yhorm the Giant has an awesome design, music, and environment but he is not that hard.  The giants in the other Soulsborne games are better.  Also , the dragon armor boss is great, with the cool intro, location, and overall design but he doesn't turn out to be that interesting either.

23 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@Enrico_sw  also the Dark Souls 3/Sekiro Wikia is extremely helpful for lore and gameplay information. 

Come to think of it there are a couple of Souls 3 bosses that could've been better in the base game.  Yhorm the Giant has an awesome design, music, and environment but he is not that hard.  The giants in the other Soulsborne games are better.  Also , the dragon armor boss is great, with the cool intro, location, and overall design but he doesn't turn out to be that interesting either.

Yhorm is too slow... I fought him with Siegward, so it was even easier. Dragon armor isn't a memorable fight either, but I liked the Pilgrim Butterflies - I thought we would eventually fight some of them, but unfortunately no.

I haven't played for the past few days, but there are some enemies in the DLCs that are tougher than in the main game. The crows are pretty cool. Like Zorro crow, Crow Scissorhands, etc.

I'd love to play with Valorheart (the gladiator weapon), but it's really weak...

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yhorm is too slow... I fought him with Siegward, so it was even easier. Dragon armor isn't a memorable fight either, but I liked the Pilgrim Butterflies - I thought we would eventually fight some of them, but unfortunately no.

I haven't played for the past few days, but there are some enemies in the DLCs that are tougher than in the main game. The crows are pretty cool. Like Zorro crow, Crow Scissorhands, etc.

I'd love to play with Valorheart (the gladiator weapon), but it's really weak...

There are butterfly type enemies coming up, and  also the ringed city has arguably the hardest regular enemy.  There was a butterfly type boss early on in Dark Souls 1.  The crow enemies are the Corvian knights.  I like them too.  

image00131.jpgimage00132.jpg

You still have 3 of the best bosses in the game coming up!  

With the Dragon armor boss if they made his location arena-like and worked on him more it could have been a good boss like Champion Gundr.  And make the butterflies do something more than shoot stuff at you.

do you like Sekiro or Souls better?

8 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I've watched almost zero TV and film in the past 7 years or so due to the SJW's.  Vikings (which is mildly woke) and GOT mainly.  Mild interest in other things, many of which I didn't even finish.

You're lucky. I've always been into physics, astronomy and science. So, sci-fi shows like Star Wars and Star Trek appeal to me. I spent a good part of my childhood watching their movies, TVs and playing their games. We used to be called geeks for that, but we didn't care.

In the past 10 years, these shows have been phagocytized by the US mainstream culture. That was fine, at first. Then, the US mainstream culture became crazy and it impacted our shows negatively. The companies (oligopolies) that own the entertainment industry now openly say they don't care about the audience. Hollywood is talking to itself.

We shouldn't care, but we do. We've come to be attached to these things. Maybe we shouldn't, but we are. We just want a little escapism from time to time. :ninja:

8 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

If the superhero craze turned out to be more like Blade I/II and the Dark  Knight trilogy I would have been all over it but instead it took the other path.

I agree. These were good movies. I'm not that much into Superhero movies, except when they're really good like these ones.

I have few hopes for American entertainment nowadays. The Flame quickly fades. Darkness will shortly settle. But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness... but the hope mostly comes from other countries (like Japan :bounce: Poland, France, Québec, South Korea)

That's the ending I got, BTW :laugh:

Spoiler

Oh and it won't be the movie industry. It's in bad shape everywhere. Video games are the future.

19 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Corvian knights are great. I love crows. Edward Scissorhand is cool, he's nervous and fast. I like Zorro too, he's agile and he fights like an elegant fencer.

This guy made a video where he parries them. I couldn't do what he does: his timing is perfect. I have to improve my parry timing in DS3, it's alright against basic enemies, but these are tougher.

Sekiro is harder to play. The gameplay is less diverse (less weapons, powers, strategies, etc. it's mostly parry and hit, sometimes roll or jump, then hit). The graphics are better in Sekiro and its game design is more beautiful. The sound design in Sekiro is better.

I like the Medieval fantasy vibes in DS. And its gameplay is the best of the best. I can't think of a game with a more diverse gameplay.

In parrying I have often seen the trick where you just try to sidestep at the same time.  

All the Corvians have good animations.  There should be more in the game.  Same for some of the basic enemies in Ringed city that are quite good.

With the three games I prefer Dark Souls 3 the most.  Then Bloodborne.  Then Sekiro.  In some significant ways Sekiro is more "advanced" than the previous two games (eg. graphically, gameplay aspects, animations, verticality) but I prefer the setting/themes of the other two. (Gothic horror/dreamscape and Medieval fantasy & medieval conception of the afterlife) I also prefer the style of having very dense lore shrouded in mystery rather than a more narrative driven game like Sekiro.   DS3  has the most gameplay substance and replayability.  

It looks to me that if FROMSOFT continues on the Sekiro path with Elden Ring,... that the game will be more narrative driven with the open world being the newest addition.