Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 2/20/2021 at 2:20 AM, Matt! said:

:shifty:

2c61d26986c940f3b53a809b5b66efa5-superJumbo.thumb.jpg.fb6982061e428b1a5f19497f02d0032a.jpg

Muerican politicians... Their view of the world is so manichean. It's all black and white. Their whole doctrine is based on cartoon views like that. If only they could keep their stuff to themselves and not let it leak into our entertainment industry. :banghead:

It's because of this climate that Marina says stuff like this :

Star Trek And Young Justice Actress Marina Sirtis Says Texans Get What They Deserve

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/02/19/star-trek-and-young-justice-actress-marina-sirtis-says-texans-get-what-they-deserve/

Do they remember when Star Trek was about tolerance, diplomacy and empathy?  :Amelie_wft:

3 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Are they venomous? :idk:

Some are.

Specially this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_recluse_spider

2 minutes ago, Matt! said:

In that case, I think it's time to get gasoline and matches :ohmy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: 

But seriously: never before have I seen so many spiders here as last year and this year.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:58 AM, Cult Icon said:

@Enrico_sw  The most important Souls-like game I forgot about is Nioh. It's the "other" Sekiro and is very popular.  It has very diverse gameplay and lot of content, overall bigger than Sekiro.  However imho it lacks the artistic quality of Miyazaki's games so stylistically it isn't as good.  It has however a lot of quantity and stuff to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nioh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nioh_2

Oh, that looks good! Real good. It's like Sekiro but with more mystical stuff and powers? I might put it on my buying list.

I finally bought DS3 DLCs. I'm already halfway through Ashes of Ariandel. I found it hard at first, butyou get used to the enemies quite quickly. I like the Vikings world.

4 minutes ago, Matt! said:

Jesus Christ :ninjaknives:

Image result for burn spiders gif

Indeed :chicken: 

2 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

It looks dangerous. At least they say it's not aggressive, but if you press it by mistake, I understand this could be fatal.

Yes, that one is pretty dangerous,. But I haven't hear of any fatal cases in a very long while.

@Cult Icon  I really want to play Demon Soul's remastered (unfortunately, I'm not sure I want to buy a PS5, and given the shortage I wouldn't be able to do it anyway :laugh:)

It's beautiful and even the sounds are great. When you slay an enemy, you can hear the sword going through the limbs. The sound effects are some of the best I've heard in video fames.

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Oh, that looks good! Real good. It's like Sekiro but with more mystical stuff and powers? I might put it on my buying list.

I finally bought DS3 DLCs. I'm already halfway through Ashes of Ariandel. I found it hard at first, butyou get used to the enemies quite quickly. I like the Vikings world.

I like Ashes of Ariandel a lot, and the whole idea of the painted world.  Remember Hearts of Stone Witcher 3?  There was one there, too.  Vaati's Ashes of Ariandel lore videos are excellent, definitely worth watching after  you are done playing.  In particular I like the bosses in Ashes of Ariendel and Ringed City , some of the best in DS3.  Overall the boss quality in the DLCs is better than in the base game.

Nioh doesn't have the combat gameplay of Sekiro but the setting is of the same genre.  Yes, there are more powers and so forth.  And a lot of bosses.

Did you fight the father yet?

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Cult Icon  I really want to play Demon Soul's remastered (unfortunately, I'm not sure I want to buy a PS5, and given the shortage I wouldn't be able to do it anyway :laugh:)

It's beautiful and even the sounds are great. When you slay an enemy, you can hear the sword going through the limbs. The sound effects are some of the best I've heard in video fames.

I agree, the graphics/sound and added effects are great, it makes me wisht that they'd remaster Dark Souls 3 too. 

Sony should really put Bloodborne and Demon Souls on PC, two excellent games.

This is the Ariendel video.  One of my favorites of his.  He also has others explaining the Ringed City - the ending of DS3

Spoiler

good article on cultural influences of Dark Souls

https://killscreen.com/previously/articles/visions-of-hell-dark-soulss-cultural-heritage/

The "Ringed City" is a reference to the layers of hell in the Divine Comedy.  The Librivox audiobook for the Divine comedy is on youtube.