Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

19 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

^ And I remember when AT&T was declared a monopoly and was busted up into the baby bells. 

Which were eventually re-absorbed in the 90’s, creating what Hubs calls the Death Star. The FCC got bullied into allowing AT&T to merge with them again. 

My point, was/is Disney has eaten up loads of entertainment and sports media that it is becoming much like AT&T, when they were picking up all their babies. 

I learned in business classes that Monopoly and Oligarchy were bad. 

I guess that’s changed in this new century. 

(I could be remembering it wrong, I’m an old lady with old lady brain.)

Yup, private monopolies/oligopolies are shite. Everybody agrees with that on paper. There's no ideological framework that supports private monopolies (communism, capitalism, liberalism, you name it, none of them support private monopolies).  But in the past 20 years, few people have acted against them (maybe they don't have the courage to face them :idk:)

(I'm gonna ramble on again if I continue, so I'll stop here :laugh:)

Disney has become worse than EA :rofl: The day they fall, I'm going to celebrate with truckloads of champagne.

source.gif

(and all the brown-nosers that suck up to Disney nowadays will be the first to spit on its fresh corpse... like the brave people they are :rofl:)

20 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

You have the 2 x DLCs which should expand the game a bit.  A lot of Souls lovers play the older games, like Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, and Demon Souls.  Demon Souls is technically a proto-Dark souls.  Miyazaki designed it first and changed it due its modest commercial results.  Without Demon Souls there would have never been Dark Souls.

Yeah Jedi Fallen Order was most likely influenced by the Souls franchise.  The game has a lot of potential to be great and much bigger than it was, that's up to a sequel if it is being developed? 

I want to play Demon souls (it looks beautiful), but I don't have a PS5 and I don't want to buy a new console.... I wish they'd release it on PC. DS1 and DS2 don't look graphically good.

I hope there will be a sequel for Jedi Fallen Order and I really hope they'll do something about the gameplay. It's tough in the Star Wars Universe, because there are codes, but there are many ways to design a complex gameplay with lots of replay value.

I kinda trust Respawn (it's the only EA company I trust - the rest of them are crooks), but can we really trust any game developper after what happened at the end of last year....?

I enjoy Cyberpunk for the moment (even if I hate the bugs). It's less good than what they promised us (they promised us the moon....), but it's  still a very good game. The Witcher 3 is largely better, but Cyberpunk is still a very good game.

21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

What color is your hair?

I usually dye my hair black, which is my natural color.

Cult, it started out chestnut as a kid, and as I got older, it lost the highlights. Nowadays, my hair is helped with natural highlights (grays) though I still use dye now and then. 

13 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Bottom line is that the government allowed ...Also use their connections in the government to limit or even put their competition out of business.

11 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

How come only Cuomo is getting called out?! :banghead:

Need to get in on Newsome, Whitmer, Murphy, and other governors who did the same as Cuomo.

1) Yep. It’s been said for far too long, money talks. Scratch my back, and I’ll do yours. 

2) I wish that was the way. But it’s never gonna happen. 

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yup, private monopolies/oligopolies are shite. Everybody agrees with that on paper. There's no ideological framework that supports private monopolies (communism, capitalism, liberalism, you name it, none of them support private monopolies).  But in the past 20 years, few people have acted against them (maybe they don't have the courage to face them :idk:)

(I'm gonna ramble on again if I continue, so I'll stop here :laugh:)

3) that’s ok, I ended up being rambling too. Like I said old lady brain! 

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Disney has become worse than EA :rofl: The day they fall, I'm going to celebrate with truckloads of champagne.

(and all the brown-nosers that suck up to Disney nowadays will be the first to spit on its fresh corpse... like the brave people they are :rofl:)

4) Fucktards, each and every one. 

Edited by CandleVixen
Edited for clarity.

10 hours ago, Matt! said:

kfqz037iwqh61.thumb.jpg.39e899a9f59d53db1d9f176f1cd6d5e6.jpg

:shifty:

That’s pretty accurate. Only right now, we Texans are being held captive by EPCOT and our Gov’ner is pissed off.

Big “industrial and commercial” sites have nearly 100% power, while being “encouraged” to shut most of the power down. 

Also, some of the hotels have minimum power. And in North Texas, there have  been slow improvements in restoring power to residences. Though Several of the “rolling blackouts” are not rolling. Long term outages are coming close to 36 hours. 

Enough, Ercot. Quit being dicks and allowing the delivery companies to restore power. You say that shit can’t be restored as quickly as it went away, due to our “expansive and old infrastructures.”Just fucking fix it. 

Search ercot online and just look at the bullshit linked with all the stories. 

Then marvel at their site. 

http://www.ercot.com/

@Stromboli1

Cuomo's daily press briefings turned the pandemic into a drama & action show with him as the caring, strong leader who was also anti-Trump.  While Trump was allied with COVID and trying to kill as many Americans as possible Cuomo's drama show was a stark contrast.  Cuomo won an Emmy for it too.  The "style" definitely overwhelmed the substance.  I was suspicious of it from the beginning as it's as if he was trying to distract the media/population from their mistakes by controlling the narrative.

Cuomo became a media darling for sometime.  Governor Murphy has also been aggressive with press briefings but not nearly as theatrical.   This harkens back to FDR's fireside chats in the 1930s.

3 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Cult, it started out chestnut as a kid, and as I got older, it lost the highlights. Nowadays, my hair is helped with natural highlights (grays) though I still use dye now and then. 

You don't favor hair that is all one color?

5 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I want to play Demon souls (it looks beautiful), but I don't have a PS5 and I don't want to buy a new console.... I wish they'd release it on PC. DS1 and DS2 don't look graphically good.

I hope there will be a sequel for Jedi Fallen Order and I really hope they'll do something about the gameplay. It's tough in the Star Wars Universe, because there are codes, but there are many ways to design a complex gameplay with lots of replay value.

I kinda trust Respawn (it's the only EA company I trust - the rest of them are crooks), but can we really trust any game developper after what happened at the end of last year....?

I hope to start revisiting Witcher 3 soon.  I am close to being able to do it again.  Cyberpunk should be playable even with the bugs. 

Demon Souls looks great, it shows what a next -gen Dark Souls could have looked like.  They updated a lot of the animations for next gen.  IT seems to be a straight remake, mostly the same but with gameplay changes/updates and more sophisticated enemies/bosses.

Yea the original DS, DS1, DS2 have old graphics and a slower gameplay.

With Jedi Fallen order I can see huge potential.  The most memorable fight to me was the big arena before the final boss.  My thoughts at the time was that they could have made a lot more of these types of arenas with all those different enemy types fighting the rebels (or the empire for that matter). That's very star-wars ish.  Also, a big, expanded multiplayer.

+ another thing is the COVID positivity rate.  New Jersey has a horrific rate, a few weeks ago it was at around 13% and then it started dropping.  But New York State's numbers were so much lower when the in fact the Pandemic originated from there.  In the spring their numbers were the worst ones, particularly those in the NYC. 

Cuomo? Isn't that the guy whose brother is on CNN, praising him and his political party, like the Pravda in the good old times? Ah, nepotism, family dynasties, moralism... Everything is great in the Murican empire.

Sleep well, good people. Sleep well.

Noddy.thumb.jpg.abe6923f2421e1b37335ae403f8eaeea.jpg