Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I can't believe I'm doing this

but Cintia looked so good in this shoot, that she needs to walk the runway :sigh:

Who are you and what have you done with the real Ophelia Immortal? :ninja:

It seems liQe she's... (similar to tyra and tyra's Qareer, volup)

You're comparing Cintia to Tyra Banks? :blink:

When Tyra was around that age, her body start to fill up and had hips, breasts, butt.. get the piQ ? :blink:

Newcomers for VS

Shannan Click

Masha Novoselova

Arlenis Sosa Pena

Maryna Linchuk

Abbey Lee

Anja Rubik

Hillary Rhoda

Yasmin Warsame-cant believe they never used her.

Emanuella De Paula

are a MUST!

Oh, Abbey Lee's good. :) She looQs nice in panties :yes:

I have never seen her in panties, I just imagined she would, post a picture Q :whistle:

yeah its November 15 if im not mistaken and it airs on Dec. 4 or 5...someone please correct me on that.... :blush:

oooohh, im loving these Rachel Clark and Charlbi Dean chicks... :drool: GOOD EYE..

JoeKnight, i would like to see a sequel to that as well, but i cant really picture anything that would really stand out...

do you have any ideas that would make that sequel work?

like the only direction i can take that is like comic book heros and i really dont think thats what you had in mind...

you had also mentioned some model named Michelle...who are you talking about?

ive always been for that....about the red heads i'll be a happy camper with either cinita or lily C.

i like Katy Perry's new song HOT N COLD. i hope they mix it in somewhere...

does anybody remember that Tatiana girl from 05...she was in the russian segment...what the hell happend to her?

i liked her...well, i guess they didnt huh?

about fernanda tavares...i had always thought she had retired or something...but i seen her in a fashion show...i want to say it was either Dsquared or Dolce&Gabana...LOOKN GREAT MIGHT I ADD....do you guys think shed be motovated to try out for VS again...i hope so

fernanda.jpg

You're probably correct - but a cursory glance at this thread should show you that we all have different tastes. The handful you allude to can hardly be the "only ones", can they?

Just because the majority say so, it doesn't mean they are always right...

very true ^ Everyone (the general public) who mostly watches, are tuning in to see the angels. Heidi,Adriana,Alessandra,Marisa etc... not your high fashion skinny waifs, otherwise their names would be mentioned in all the news articles leading up to the show. they are always referred to as, "and other models"....:laugh:

Someone apparently heard Vlada say that she would love to do VS if they ask her. I really cannot imagine Vlada at VS :rofl: but then again I never imagined Jessica Stam, Michaela Kocianova or Lindsey Ellingson hitting the runway either.

^Quite agree, Tori.

Of course we all do have different tastes here on BZ -- but that's model-crazed BZ. Whereas the public still might admire many of the (in their eyes) anonymous models that hit the runway, yes, it'll be only that core handful (the Angels, basically) that lure in the viewers because they're the only ones the public knows to anticipate. To put it another way, just ask yourself how many more viewers the VSFS will get if VS and CBS add Natasha Poly's name to the little publicity articles that will come out in November/December. I'd personally guess the increase would be in the double digits. :laugh:

As for the majority... when it comes to broadcasting, the majority is always right, because the majority equals ratings and ratings equal money. :p

Other than a few of these girls who's faces are splashed about on VS store windows and maybe do other commercial stuff such as SI, the general public probably doesn't have a clue who these girls are, especially HF models. So, I don't think it would benefit VS to try to tap into "name" models. I think they should just look for a broad assortment of different hair/skin types who fit into the general mold of curvy, sexy women who can STRUT their stuff on the runway. I'm going to add one more name to the list: Catrinel Menghia. It would be great to have a smattering of old Angels interspersed for interest such as Laeticia Casta, Daniela Pestova(if she's not pregnant) Stephanie Seymour, Eva Herzigova. I bet they can still hold their own with the young ones! It would be a nice homage to the work of these women in the past for VS.

Actually, I could argue that a good portion of the general public doesn't know the difference between the angels and the normal models - especially in the US market. I think because most of us are avid model watchers, we overestimate how famous the angels are. Heidi is the only angel that's truly famous - with name recognition and mainstream popularity. The rest of them have had moments of good buzz, and that's about it IMO.

I don't think the average viewer is tuning in to see the angels. I think they are tuning in to see hot women in lingerie, the entertainment aspect of the fashion show, or the musical guest.