Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I think barring Heidi, Gisele was the last supermodel associated with VS. None of the current angels, not Adriana or Alessandra or anyone else, come close to having the broad appeal that Gisele had. Average individuals could identify Gisele, even if they did not follow the fashion world. Having said that I think majority of the people that watch the show, do it because of the appeal of beautiful women in lingerie. VS certainly is trying to transition their angels as known stars but so far it has not worked at all. I think if VS produces a good show, then people will watch it. The ratings slipped because the shows have not been so great in the past few years. They truly need a revival of the 2003 show and certainly a new cast of angels, because half of them lack whatever x quality that Tyra, Gisele or Heidi had, that established them into stars. The current lineup just doesn't have that appeal anymore, no wonder VS turns to Heidi at every turn.

In general what you are saying is true...You ask a bystander on the street and say VS and they can name Heidi Klum and Gisele Bundchen maybe Adriana Lima...Its a shame that there are some great models out there with supermodel ability but the fact that actresses and singers are taking all the big contracts and magazine covers just pushes them to the back

I completely agree Joe

The one thing i love about VS is that they dont hire actresses or musicians to lead the company they use models and im glad that they do that because if they ever used celebs then the models for sure will be faded out...I love SI but i was so annoyed they had Beyonce on the cover last year like i thought SI and VS were the same they always used models

^ exactly. This years SI was better. And VS should keep their models as models and not try to turn them into celebs. Well actually that their own fault, not VS's. I speak of Selita and Miranda. I mean I love those two, but whenever they talked about "What does Selita say about Nick Cannon's wedding" or "Miranda is spotted with Orlando" I go crazy. You never hear all these crazy things about Iza, KK Ale, and Adriana. Well the last two yo hear a bit, but not like Selita and Miranda. Do you guys know what I mean?

I for one am no big fan of Selita cant stand her...I love Miranda cos she is from Aus lol my home but i completely understand what you mean. Whenever they are in the news its to do with who they are with and thats it...Not for there model work. Like Alessandra imo is the best VS model i love her. Her pregnancy and birth was barely publicised because her bf isnt that famous. If Miranda was to fall pregnant and have a baby with Orlando it would be everywhere because of his celeb status...Its a shame that its all about fame and not the work. These girls like Izabel, Raquel, Angela etc are incredible models but they dont get much recognition because its barely any fame to it

^ exactly, it should be more about the models themselves and not who they're with. Miranda deserves to be famous for herself, not who she's with. And as far as Iza, Raquel, etc not being in the news ... in a way I prefer it that way. They are staying true to themselves and to what it means to be models and not caring about being popular

damn, its like that :blink: lol, well looks like i'll have to learn how to do what you just described so i can keep up with you Joe...thanx for the michelle pix

i had my eyes on these girls for the longest...

IMO id love to see them in the show...

Le Call, Kaja Sokola and Lonneke...

Kaja looks a little young..but i think shed be good to go in a few years along with abbey lee, ali micheals, anabela belekova and chanel iman....

all this glamour stuff had me thinking again...

what about bringing shalom harlow...i think really classic old school beauty when i see her...IMO

leya kebede would also be great...she has that "classy" look to her...IMO

kaja.jpg Lonneke.jpg lee.jpg

yeah shes thin...but we agree...

she should be back...

AND LOOK AT SHALOM....

TELL ME SHE DOESNT SCREAM GLAMOUR!!

I KNOW..I KNOW SHE MIGHT BE GREAT AT EDITORIAL BUT IT DOESNT MEAN IT WILL TRANSLATE WELL FOR VS RUNWAYS...

BUT...LOOK!! SHES OLD SCHOOL AND CAN WALK TOO...I SAY BRING HER ASS ON BOARD!!

shalom.jpg

Shalom is gorgeous i havent seen her walk but you guys dont sound enthusiastic about it. I guess some girls are amazing at one thing and not the other...

We havent got long until the show now i am so excited i wanna know the list of models walking this year. Does anyone know when we find out?

Okay so here it goes......and this is all I am going to say for now.

I am kind of going off of everything you guys had said throughout the thread.

Well I really don't think anyone is a big fan of Selita. I think they made her an angel out of pity, I really don't see her do anything but Victoria's Secret. And as for Izabel Goulart, I keep forgetting her. To me she is forgettable, the only time I don't forget her is during VSFS. She has an amazing walk and a nice butt. But for me personally that is it. Miranda looks a little more grown up to me, not so much like a Care Bear like she always does. I just hope Adriana and Alessandra don't act the way they did last year, they kind of annoyed me. But Karolina was okay, I guess well she did annoy me on the first segment she did in 2007. It's like geez walk! Doutzen gets the job done, I have always liked her. She has a good walk and she is stunning.

As for the PINK segment. They could have made it better, I don't think it is a lost cause. They could have done something with that college line. I am not sure about the other schools but they have bras and panties in the UofM colors. And they could have made some pretty awesome wings. And they could play "We will rock you and we are the champions" by Queen. The PINK segmment could be awesome if everyone hadn't given up on it.

And as for the models I do and don't want to see there. As we all know I don't like Selita at all. After the way she acted Flavia needs to shape up or ship out. I don't like Marsia for VS, I think SI is her strong suit. And sadly Natasha Poly, everyone knows I love Natasha's walk and as a model over all. But I can't stand to look at her right now. Is it just me or is she getting thinner day by day now? And the blonde hair just makes everything worse. She is a great model, but she needs to eat alot of cookies. Now for who I like......Not the biggest fan of her smile, but otherwise I like Julia Stegner. She's got a nice walk. I love Candice Swanepoel, that girl was born to be a model. She is beauitful, like in an old Hollywood glamour sort of way. And I like Long Legs Hana, best runway walk I have seen besides Natasha's. I do miss Gisele though, not Tyra so much. It was very hard not to focus on Gisele on the VS Runway and she knew she had everyone's attention. The girl was that good. As for newcomers I don't know alot of girls outside VS. So I will get back to you guys on that later.

Okay so here it goes......and this is all I am going to say for now.

I am kind of going off of everything you guys had said throughout the thread.

Well I really don't think anyone is a big fan of Selita. I think they made her an angel out of pity, I really don't see her do anything but Victoria's Secret. And as for Izabel Goulart, I keep forgetting her. To me she is forgettable, the only time I don't forget her is during VSFS. She has an amazing walk and a nice butt. But for me personally that is it. Miranda looks a little more grown up to me, not so much like a Care Bear like she always does. I just hope Adriana and Alessandra don't act the way they did last year, they kind of annoyed me.

I can tell you a for sure list of girls who will be at the show based on recent stuff with the company...

Heidi - She has been doing the IPEX and will of course be in the show

Doutzen - Her and Adriana have been the faces of the Obsession Campaign and she has recently been made basically an angel

Adriana - Its her 10th year and she confirmed in an interview that she is wearing the fantasy bra

Marisa - A Press release officialy named her an angel and she has been the front for their swim campaign this year. As well as her SI cover and popularity she for sure will be in the show

Alessandra - She stated that she will be getting ready after her pregnancy so lets hope for sure she is in

Miranda - Has been very active in the company since her angel debuet. Including launching the fragrance and being heavily involved in swim and stuff

As for the other 3 Karolina, Izabel and Selita im not too sure. Karolina is no longer on BioFit its Emmanuella and Adriana and Izabel and Selita havent been used to much. There were rumors about Izabel not being an angel anymore which i hope are not true. So we shall see. With Emnanuella also she was recently at the Christmas commercial shoot which could mean that she will be making her debuet this year at the show. But im sure in that commercial Karolina, Selita and Izabel were used so if thats the case then all 9 Angels will be in the show...