Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

Ok guys, be prepared cause this is gonna be a long post.

<ok, no one cares, but as to see how good my memory is I wrote down the movies I've seen in the last few months... hope I didn't forget anything>

"This means war"

Tom Hardy is that short? I mean, when he had scenes with Reese, he looked taller next to her than Chris Pine (such a basic actor). I wouldn't watch the whole movie if not for Chelsea Handler, really. Kinda meh, like 5/10 meh. And I didn't like the ending.

"Intouchables"

Everyone who saw this movie recommends it, and now I can do the same. A must-see, definitely!

"The Descendants"

I don't know if Clooney's performance was really Oscar-worthy but let's be real, films nominated last year were kind of weak, when compared to previous years. Still, I think it was good and I liked the dynamic between Shailene Woodley and George.

"Moneyball"

Not that I knew anything about the story and that coach before but I ended up being more interested in this movie than I thought. Pitt was good and Phillip Seymour Hoffman didn't disappoint, as always.

"A separation"

Last year's Academy Awards Best Foreign Film from Iran, well-deserved award.

Little Rose

Magdalena Boczarska :heart: stunning performances by Andrzej Seweryn and Robert Wieckiewicz (why does he always play such assholes? :p ) very touching and shows part of history

"The Artist"

Adorable! Couldn't stop smiling while watching it. Really sweet.

"Forgetting Sarah Marshall"

Mila :wub: Russell Brand kind of played himself, non? I also liked the ending. Entertaining film.

"How to lose a guy in 10 days"

A light rom-com, even better than I thought it would be. And Kate Hudson in that yellow dress :heart:

"Dirty Dancing"

I want 'I carried a watermelon' t-shirt! :laugh: I watched it for the first time a couple of years ago and didn't like it, don't know why. I enjoyed it a lot now and liked the ending, too.

"You, me and Dupree"

I thought the movie would go in a different direction but it served its purpose as a comedy. "Fix You" in one of the scenes felt so random though.

Leur morale... et la notre

I didn't know the cliche about French people being mean :p Oh well, it was a comedy and it made me laugh, I found the film funny.

"Drive"

Disappointed... I guess it's the kind of movie you either like a lot or not. It was kinda weird, the music was good but I didn't see any chemistry between Carey Mulligan and Ryan Gosling's characters. Carey was miscast anyway :/

"We need to talk about Kevin"

Disturbing...

"Little Miss Sunshine"

Don't know why it took me so long to finally watch it, I liked it a lot. Although I'm not sure if Alan Arkin's performance was really worth the Oscar...

"Fight Club"

Kind of strange but I'm glad I watched it.

"Och Karol 2"

Of course the original was better, but this one wasn't as bad as I expected, even though the main character is played by one of the most used actor in Polish cinematography recently... it feels like 90% of bigger films have Adamczyk, so annoying.

"Foster"

I like movies with Toni Collette. This one was very... warm? Don't know how to explain it better. Uplifting, maybe.

"A Cinderella Story: Once upon a song"

So cliche :laugh: Lucy Hale was ok.

"Love wedding marriage"

If you find Kellan Lutz to be as good or even better than others from the cast then well... Jessica Szohr was the worst. Nice Marta Żmuda Trzebiatowska cameo even if it was so lcihe.

"Slightly single in LA"

The only reason I watched it was Lacey Chabert. Haha, she had a little "Mean Girls" reunion in it! (with Jonathan Bennett) Jenna Dewan looked good.

"Troll 2"

:rofl:

"The Iron Lady"

The film itself felt kind of... tv :ninja: but Meryl always delivers.

"Knocked-up"

This kind of humour shouldn't have made me laugh but it did. The movie felt a bit too long at times.

"Casablanca"

Classic. What more is there to say?

"To kill a mockingbird"

Another classic and I'm not surprised Gregory Peck liked this film of his the most. That 8-minute long speech at court was done in one take, what an actor. Not surprising he had the Oscar for playing Atticus.

"Mystic River"

Every actor gave such a great performance. One of my favourites in terms of acting.

"Bittermoon"

I wonder how it was like shooting this film, especially for Emmanuelle Seignier.... Such a weird movie. Kristin Scott Thomas :heart:

"Carnage"

Very good cast.

I also saw "Crazy Stupid Love" but I see I have mentioned it in one of the earlier posts.

I forgot 2, but those were tv movies :cain:

"Lies in plain sight"

just ok

"The little match makers"

AWFUL. The kids were okay, but Jacleen Haber was so annoying, and her character as well. Valente Rodriguez was even worse.

Loved your reviews, short and to the point, I agree with all your reviews from the movies I have watched from that list.

This Is 40: An OK movie, that's all. I felt it was rushed, it needed to be proofread a little more, it was a nice surprise to see Melissa McCarthy whole improvisation at the credits.

Dark Shadows - It's alright, I was expecting more from the movie as it has a strong cast but it wasn't as great as I thought it was. Still fun to watch if you don't have anything else to do

"He's just not that into you"

I liked it a lot and well, got to admit so many situations from this movie feel like something from my friends/family's life which is somehow strange if you think about it.

&it was nice to see Natasha Leggero having a cameo there

"Wymyk" ("Courage")

A very good drama.... worth watching, too bad the sound editing sucked.

Blue Valentine

This movie had me in a daze for like three days. So heartbreaking. :(

Yeah it was pretty rough. Im a child of divorced parents. So the last scene really hit home for me. Wonderful film :)

Finally saw Silver Linings Playbook...Loved it! Bradley and Jennifer were awesome :thumbsup:

Yeah Ive been wanting to watch this. Seems pretty good. By the way you need to watch Blue Valentine. If you haven't already :p Think you'll get a lot out of it

I got to see Blue Valentine too...I remember when it came out, how great it looked, but never got around to it!

Finally saw Silver Linings Playbook...Loved it! Bradley and Jennifer were awesome :thumbsup:

Yeah Ive been wanting to watch this. Seems pretty good. By the way you need to watch Blue Valentine. If you haven't already :p Think you'll get a lot out of it

Silver Linings was definetly a great movie...I like how it showed parents dealing with children who have mental illnesses etc. All the performances were amazing!