Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

^Awww thats so sweet to have a charity gala on his b-day :wub: Thanks for the info wijn!

barilace

Fashion. Yes! Leo and Amber would be insane hot. OH MY GOD. That needs to happen. Madelina is really pretty too. If she and Leo are even together or if she's dating his friend or whatever the heck...but Amber and Leo would be insane. OR! Amber needs to be in some type of movie with Leo - I don't know if she's main lady status yet but she could play a smaller role

Do you even realize how I was thinking the same thing? They would make the hottest couple! :o

And I am getting sick of the italian press coming out with more and more stuff about madalina, or Karlie or somebody that we don't know. To tell you the truth, I like it better when hes in a relationship because I don't have to deal with guessing if hes really into any of these girls :p

BUT its back to the set for leo now. Hopefully there will be no drought of pics!

Thanks everyone :grouphug:

Looks like the guys are in Sydney enjoying the Aussie life at Leo's Vancluse house

Ethan tweeted he had been playing pong with Lukas

We can see the harbor behind Ethan , as well as, the tennis court we read the house had and ,no doubt, Leo's basketball :p

post-52324-0-1446081359-85427_thumb.jpg

media_965186.jpg

Australian for ping-pong with @LukasHaas

EthanSupleeEthan Suplee

#Movember update, day unknown: The stache is strong down under/I've made it to Sydney.

Wijn

Thanks for NY Post article :)

I noticed there is no mention of JayZ or Jamie Foxx being present; can see that guy's tweet information was totally wrong.

And, once again, are we to believe that if Ghenea were there as Leo's date that the gossip press was completley clueless about her presence ?

Fash & Barilace

Re: your Oscar conversation : Ditto :)

And as we might expect, the Daily Telegraph attempting to infer that Leo's performance as J Edgar was panned

and trying to compare the box office for J Edgar with that of "Immortals"

We can see Jay and his other bodyguard at foot of step.

983359-leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

WHAT'S eating Leonardo DiCaprio? The camera-shy star arrived back in Sydney via private jet, escaping the US just in time to miss the disappointing opening weekend of his latest - and poorly received - film, J.Edgar.

Hiding under a two-tiered umbrella, the actor was facing criticism back home for his titular role in Clint Eastwood's J.Edgar Hoover biopic, which scraped in $11.7 million to place fifth at the US box office, way behind The Immortals ($36 million), Adam Sandler's Jack And Jill ($26 million) Shrek spin-off Puss In Boots ($25.5 million) and Tower Heist ($13.2 million), which was in its second week.

Film distributor Warner Bros defended the movie, saying it was dealing with an adult market, with 66 per cent of those going to see the movie over the age of 50.

Meanwhile, who was to step off the jet behind Leo but My Name Is Earl star Ethan Suplee. The pair are good mates, often seen hanging out in LA, and it seems the comedian jumped on a plane to Oz for the hell of it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/my-name-i...from=public_rss

Kat

Yes, clearly shows how the media can report misleading information, as the overall opinion is that whatever fault one might find with film that Leo's gave a terrific performance :)

Another box office article ; glad it brings up the fact that Eastwood's film "Hereafter" openend in more theaters than "J Edgar" thus it's actual screen average was less than J Edgar

. Edgar opened in fifth place with an estimated $11.5 million from 1,910 theaters. That's a bit off from director Clint Eastwood's Hereafter, which debuted to $12 million last October. Still, that movie was playing at slightly more venues (2,181) and had a lower per-theater average. J. Edgar's audience was 94 percent over the age of 25 and 54 percent female, and the movie received a "B" CinemaScore.

Not surprised by the Daily Telegraph article... I figured an article like this would be coming out. Well for the most part what they said was true but they just never explained the situation fully...they seem a bit ignorant about how the BO works. Then of course they omitted the fact that Leo was praised for hisperformance despite mixed reviews. MORE than anything I just think they wanted to write something that would go well with that pic of Leo hiding under an umbrella..I.e the reason He is hiding is because of his failed movie.

Thanks Oxford :)

Not surprised by the Daily Telegraph article... I figured an article like this would be coming out. Well for the most part what they said was true but they just never explained the situation fully...they seem a bit ignorant about how the BO works. Then of course they omitted the fact that Leo was praised for hisperformance despite mixed reviews. MORE than anything I just think they wanted to write something that would go well with that pic of Leo hiding under an umbrella..I.e the reason He is hiding is because of his failed movie.

Great words, Fash.

Tks, wijn. Interesting... Draco Malfoy growing like Leo? :laugh:

Wijn :flower:

Thanks for the news of the party. Finally we know what happened in there... well, kinda, (I still need Pictures). ;)

You noticed that they didn't mention Madelina or her movie Italian press must be upset :D

Oxf :hug:

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the pics of Ethan and Lukas :laugh: Those two always make me laugh, especially lukas :wub:

by the way, I also note that they no mention that jay z had attended the party, Curious :/

Leo

Why you hiding under that umbrella, ella, ella, ella

Or better... You can stand under my umbrella :cain:

glad you feel that way on BZ :hug:

I know ... :pinch: I'm always making jokes, that's my big problem, I never take anything seriously! I promise to stop :laugh:

Of course... Everything has its time

Articles saying that Brad Pitt is better than Leo :angry: Leonardo hidden as a baby in that umbrella :rofl:

Fash

I think the motivation for the negative spin was due to Leo not posing for them.

I bet money if he came off the plane giving them tons of smiles/money shots they would have spun the information about "J Edgar" totally different. We would have heard about his triumphant return after receiving glowing reviews for his performance in J Edgar.

It's the old game of if you won't do what we want then we will spin the negative about you in the press .

Leo , as we know, is used to this behavior by the press ; I'm just glad that he's stuck to his guns and never has given into their game (Y) (Y)

Gatsby takes in the view

FILMING of Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby is starting tonight at St Patrick’s Seminary in Manly.

ba4be077a6ad18d3cdc1bb9239f5bf80_resized.jpg

Stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton were expected to film scenes at the seminary, which has been transformed into Jay Gatsby’s sprawling Long Island mansion.

Preparations continued throughout the day with several vintage cars arriving on the set around lunchtime.

Filming was due to start about 7pm.

The exterior of the seminary will be used for scenes depicting the elaborate parties hosted by the mysterious Gatsby, being played by DiCaprio.

The gothic-style building has a commanding view of the water and its grounds have hosted celebrities such as actress Nicole Kidman and singer Keith Urban, who were married in its chapel in 2006.

It was also used in the Australian movie Looking For Alibrandi.

For The Great Gatsby, which is set in the 1920s, the walls of the seminary were covered in ivy, a large pool was constructed and extensive garden beds planted with lavender.

The highly anticipated Baz Luhrmann production will be shot in 3D and is set to be released in December of next year.

COME ON, LEO

Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio has already tasted some of Manly’s best cuisine at Hugos but there is plenty more for him and his co-stars to sink their teeth into.

The Manly Daily has compiled a Top 5:

1. Recreate his famous Titanic scene while standing on the bow of a Manly ferry.

2. Enjoy fish and chips on the beach.

3. Have a drink with the locals at the Steyne or enjoy Manly’s own brew at 4 Pines.

4. Get a surfing lesson from Manly Surf School.

5. Cosy up with a different kind of local: Take a shark dive at Oceanworld, spot a fairy penguin or check out a long-nosed bandicoot at Sydney Harbour National Park.

I agree ox, I have sure exist tons of celebs that do anything even when they don't want to pose for pics or don't like paps: they play the cool to stay in the game. And as you said, Leo is not like this, he's himself don't matter what he will not change himself to please paparazzi or any press in the world and I love this in him because he's authentic. We know Leo's such a nice guy but press want to sell stories and pics, so when Leo don't provide this to them they start to bash him no matter what.