Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Nanda

Thanks for box office information and tweets :)

Yes, I hate it as well that some of you have to wait months before seeing J Edgar :(

Your Mal /Dom tumblrs are hilarious . :D :D

Fash

Yes, I agree , when every aspect is taken into consideration, J Edgar peformed well. :)

Thanks for another article about Leo's upcoming film shoot; I sure hope the same newspapers do a good job of getting us some new pix.

Kat

Yes, it appears that we do have more information in the sense that we now know Ghenea was there.

But how much one can read into her presence there is still up in the air.

I'll be curious if in the New York papers there is any mention of her presence at the event.

As if she was at Victoria Secret after party they certainly took no note of her presence .

I don't think that anyone expected that the film did a lot of money in the box office, perhaps a little optimistic because Leonardo has a some power to attract people to the movie theater but still, to this type of film only interested the awards season!!! and we know that Leo has already secured nominations :thumbsup:

looks like Leo, Ethan, and Lukas are on there way to Sydney. Well Ethan didn't mention Leo but he did mention he was off to Sydney so just putting the pieces together lol

Ethan's twitter....

EthanSuplee Ethan Suplee

Ran into @lukashaas1 on my flight. #random #Movember #WiFi http://bit.ly/sXzUEg

9 hours ago »

EthanSuplee Ethan Suplee

And here I am with a head and a #Movember mustache, ready for you sYdney. http://bit.ly/sUNCmC11 hours ago

media_950655.jpg

This conversation happened 10 hours ago so depending on at what point in the flight Ethan tweeted they could be in Sydney already or could still be in the air because total flight time is about 22 hours or so from NY.

Conversation between Joel Madden and Ethan

JoelMadden Joel Madden

@ @EthanSuplee you in Sydney?

10 hours ago

EthanSuplee Ethan Suplee

@ @JoelMadden on my way, how long you there?

10 hours ago

JoelMadden Joel Madden

@ @EthanSuplee a few more days. Holler if you wanna get food or something. Hit me on the DM

10 hours ago

looks like Leo, Ethan, and Lukas are on there way to Sydney. Well Ethan didn't mention Leo but he did mention he was off to Sydney so just putting the pieces together lol

OMG Fash you have no idea how much that excites me!!! :chicken: :woot: :hell yea!: :dance: :ddr:

This pic of Leo has been linked to practically everything :laugh:

post-51835-0-1446081343-00654_thumb.jpg

btw does any of you have the original of that Leo pic ??? it's from Inception set,but lost the original one and can't find it :idk:

'SicK by now, will be a little difficult to find the original. To be honest, I think I've ever seen it, this pic probably it's also in the back of a carton of milk :laugh:

DiCaprio and his birthday with Madalina

mostly, the same, once again, Italian sites, conveniently they use the pic that she puts on facebook, and ironically, they make promotion to the movie calling it blockbuster... :/

http://translate.google.co.ve/translate?hl...caprio-new-york

I would have liked see a interview with Leo and Armie on Unscripted, would have been funny

I love that Ethan and Lukas are on their way to Sydney!! Putting it together it looks like they are going there to hang with leo. I wonder if leos on the same flight :D Thanks fash!! Also gotta say, ethan is looking pretty good after loosing alot of weight!

Even Johnny Depp's movie only made 5 million in its opening weekend. I think Leo's star power really helped Edgar get to 11. 5 million because the subject matter isn't something that will bring audiences out in droves by itself.

I was expecting single digit box office only just last week so I'm satisfied with the results :)

Good point, Fash. Johnny Depp's movie was bad in the box office, had a budget of $ 45 million and grossed only $ 13 million so far and it seems that already was release in Europe... I hope "J. Edgar" can remain in the top 5 and maybe even grow.

Wow, Oxford. LA Times Box office article that you posted is so pessimist, I almost cried :cry:... no, I'm kidding :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Tks.

Thanks a lot fash by the tweets. Traveling with friends. It seems a private flight, right? :laugh:

DiCaprio and his birthday with Madalina

Tks, Princess. No pics <_<.

Wijn

As to time difference in releasing film Stateside versus overseas, I'm just guessing, but the reason behind it could be to two things :

One, the fact that with Gatsby film shoot, Leo didn't have the free time needed to do proper pr on both sides of the pond .

Also, it could be the Warner suits know the subject matter is going to be a hard sell overseas, and figured by the time it opens in Jan 2012 , if the film or Leo are going to garner any award notice, it will be KNOWN by then , which might encourage more overseas audiences to see it.

I do know here in the States that often older audiences will take the time to go see a film once it wins an Oscar for film or actors. For sure Winslet's The Reader was greatly helped by her winning BA

Below is a tweet that speaks to the difficulty of selling J Edgar to audiences

@ARTSalamodeARTS

post-52324-0-1446081347-17398_thumb.jpg

Nanda

As to is Leo flying back to Sydney via commercial or on Star's private jet, I don't think one can tell from Ethan's tweets. As one can easily take a picture with friends whether flying commercial or private.

I'm just glad that Ethan alerted Leo fans via Twitter what is happening :)

I know, what I meant is that it seems they're on a private flight, not because of the pix... they look so comfortable :laugh:.

I had to post this box office artilcle, as I'm glad to see that Warners acknowledged us Leo fans :)

With a modest budget of $35 million, “Edgar” is off to a solid start. “We have a very well reviewed film that’s going to play extremely well and we expect strong world of mouth, the great reviews and year-end awards to propel us through the holidays,” said Dan Fellman, WB's President of Domestic Distribution. The audience was 54% female, thanks largely to DiCaprio, with 66% over 50 and 94% over 25.

Nanda

When you can afford to fly first class overseas , like Leo & friends can, be it commerical or private, you are comfortable :p :p

I would love to be able to afford to travel on those planes where in first class you actually have your own little private room.

Though,I do know, if he doesn't get nods, the people who run those organizations better not be walking in a dark alley if By Princess is anywhere around :jimmy: :jimmy:

If leonardo is not nominated, the Academy will have too many problems and I'm not alone in this, a few have already secured a much bigger strike than Wall street. This time we don't forgive them, if they ignore him one more time

Well it's the most likely that I don't watch the show, but BELIEVE ME the academy can not afford to lose us as audience