Bellazon

News

I don't wanna seem morbid or anything, but does it look to anyone else in that picture like she might be missing her right arm? :cry:

The way the little pink blanket is positioned, it covers up the area where her arm would be. I hope it's just the way the picture was shot.

So glad she survived either way. :)

I'm so glad Petra's all right... she's such a nice person, and what she went through must have been hell. :wub:

I hope they find her boyfriend. :)

an article on her here: http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/dailydish/

PETRA POSES TO AID TSUNAMI CHARITIES

Czech supermodel Petra Nemkova has agreed to pose from her Thai hospital bed as she recovers from injuries sustained from last week's Asian tsunami disaster to raise funds for other victims.

The Victoria's Secret model was dragged through a broken window and submerged under a floating sea of trash before clinging to a tree for survival for eight hours when the massive waves hit coastlines.

The stunner will pose in her hospital robes for Us Weekly after bosses there agreed to donate $200,000 to fundraising efforts for the shot.

Meanwhile, Nemkova is still looking for word on her missing boyfriend Simon Atlee, who was swept away in Thailand by the tsunami.

I'm so glad Petra's all right... she's such a nice person, and what she went through must have been hell. :wub:

I hope they find her boyfriend.  :)

an article on her here: http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/dailydish/

PETRA POSES TO AID TSUNAMI CHARITIES

Czech supermodel Petra Nemkova has agreed to pose from her Thai hospital bed as she recovers from injuries sustained from last week's Asian tsunami disaster to raise funds for other victims.

The Victoria's Secret model was dragged through a broken window and submerged under a floating sea of trash before clinging to a tree for survival for eight hours when the massive waves hit coastlines.

The stunner will pose in her hospital robes for Us Weekly after bosses there agreed to donate $200,000 to fundraising efforts for the shot.

Meanwhile, Nemkova is still looking for word on her missing boyfriend Simon Atlee, who was swept away in Thailand by the tsunami.

That's pretty cool that Petra wanted some of the money made from the photos of her recovering in a Thai hospital to go help other victims affected by the tsunami last week. She looks good, all things considered. :) However, something tells me if the find her boyfriend, it will not be good news. Thailand and other countries affected by the tsunami had to bury bodies unclaimed in mass graves to prevent the outbreak of diseases that could be caused by decomposing bodies. Plus, I just heard on the news that some bodies are so badly decomposed, most of them are unidentifiable.

she still looks good....i mean when i was hit by a car...my face had totally peeled off...all the skin...it was and ugly sight.

Really, at a time like this, it doesn't really matter what she looks like. She looks fairly well for someone who went through what she went through.

She does have a tired and downbeat look in her eyes (who can blame her!)

yeah limafan has a good point.. Its a good thing we get to see these pics... she doesnt have very many facial injuries like a black eye or bruising, but she has a lot of internal bleeding which is a lot worse... :(

Guest Lullaby

Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova, who was caught up in the Asian tidal wave disaster and has been recovering in a Thai hospital, will be flown home at the weekend, her spokesman said tonight.

Nemcova would “be leaving Thailand over the weekend and arriving back in Prague shortly”, her New York spokesman, Rob Shuter, said. The day of her arrival was not finalised yet, he added.

Nemcova, 25, and her British photographer boyfriend Simon Atlee had been on holiday in the resort of Phuket when waves overwhelmed their beach hut. She clung to a tree for eight hours as the water swirled around her.

Shuter had no information about Atlee, 33, a well-known fashion photographer, who was swallowed by the raging waters and was still missing tonight.

He said Nemcova would be treated in hospital in Prague for several days and then would probably stay in the country until she fully recovers, “which could be a matter of four to six weeks, or maybe even a couple of months”.

“Considering what Petra has been through she’s in a good physical condition,” Shuter said. He said Nemcova’s major injury was a broken pelvis.

Nemcova appeared on the cover of 2003 Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue and has posed for magazines including Marie Claire and Vogue. She also models for Victoria’s Secret.