Bellazon

News

Heard that she has left the hospital and is recovering back in her hometown of Karvina. It's good to see that she has made a fast recovery and is back on her feet.

phpsoJFJt.jpg

Those little ribbons on the crutches are damn cute...

February 4, 2005 -- TSUNAMI-scarred supermodel Petra Nemcova is learning how to walk again. The Czech catwalk queen has been undergoing rehabilitation therapy at her grandfather's mountain chalet in the town of Karvinia. Yellow Fever designer Jamison Ernest, who says he speaks to Nemcova everyday, tells us that she's steadily improving. "She can't fly for three months because of her injuries, but she is very positive," he says. "She plans to continue modeling, but not at the pace she was doing it before. Every day for her is a struggle." Nemcova broke her pelvis and suffered in ternal injuries in the tsunami that struck Thailand and swept away her photographer boyfriend, Simon Atlee. She has turned down numerous interview requests, including those from Larry King, Diane Sawyer, Matt Lauer, Barbara Wal ters, Us Weekly and all the British tabs, which offered her hefty paychecks for an exclusive. "She just doesn't feel mentally capable to do an in terview right now," Ernest says. "She doesn't want to relive losing the person she loved."

NYPost - PageSix

There's a small bit on Petra in the new Glamour with Naomi Watts on the cover! She's under "Young women who survived the worst" and there's a sweet pic of her and Atlee together

Petra Nemcova's story has been told around the world: When the tsunami hit the resort where she was staying in Khao Lak, the waves dragged the model and her photographer boyfriend, Simon Atlee, from their bungalow toward the sea. "Kids were screaming, 'Help, help!' Then you didn't hear them anymore," she recalls. Nemcova, 25, managed to cling to a palm tree for eight hours, despite a broken pelvis. "She kept thinking of her family and of Simon," says pal Jamison Ernest. To date, Atlee's body has not been found. Now recuperating in her native Czech Republic, Nemcova hopes to return to Thailand to help with the rebuilding. Recently Ernest phoned to say he was coming to coach her through her recovery. "You'll be Rocky Balboa, and I'll be Mickey," he said. "That was the first laugh I'd heard from her in awhile."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lullaby

Supermodel PETRA NEMCOVA is considering quitting modelling after escaping death in the Indian Ocean tsunami, so she can help victims of the natural disaster.

The Czech catwalk queen broke her pelvis and suffered other injuries when the beach cabin she and her photographer boyfriend SIMON ATLEE were staying in was destroyed when the tidal wave struck the Thai island resort of Phuket on 26 December (04).

While Atlee, 33, is still missing, presumed dead, Nemcova survived by clinging to a tree for eight hours.

She was discharged from hospital in her native Czech Republic earlier this month (FEB05), but is unsure if she wants to resume her modelling career - her first mission being to return to the site of the tragedy as soon as she is fit enough.

Nemcova, 25, says, "I'm different now, with a completely different view of the world.

"I haven't thought about it yet. I only know that I want to return to Asia as soon as I recover a bit, and want to help people... It is important for me to provide active help, to work with my hands. This will definitely give me the strength I need so much."

On modelling, she adds, "Believe me, it really isn't important. There are so many important things in the world like health, love and peace in your soul"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOO... :o :cry:

Supermodel PETRA NEMCOVA is considering quitting modelling after escaping death in the Indian Ocean tsunami, so she can help victims of the natural disaster.

The Czech catwalk queen broke her pelvis and suffered other injuries when the beach cabin she and her photographer boyfriend SIMON ATLEE were staying in was destroyed when the tidal wave struck the Thai island resort of Phuket on 26 December (04).

While Atlee, 33, is still missing, presumed dead, Nemcova survived by clinging to a tree for eight hours.

She was discharged from hospital in her native Czech Republic earlier this month (FEB05), but is unsure if she wants to resume her modelling career - her first mission being to return to the site of the tragedy as soon as she is fit enough.

Nemcova, 25, says, "I'm different now, with a completely different view of the world.

"I haven't thought about it yet. I only know that I want to return to Asia as soon as I recover a bit, and want to help people... It is important for me to provide active help, to work with my hands. This will definitely give me the strength I need so much."

On modelling, she adds, "Believe me, it really isn't important. There are so many important things in the world like health, love and peace in your soul"

She IS right.