Bellazon

News

Well, I watched the Primetime Special on Petra Nemcova and, phew, that was DEEP!!! I know most of us know that she was in Thailand when the tsunami struck and heard about her losing her boyfriend and how she was able to survive. However, hearing her voice descibing the ordeal that she went through really affects you in a way that can not really be put into words. How she can see a silver lining all that death and destuction is beyond me. Hearing what she had to go through and what she will continue to go through makes you really re-evaluate your life and makes you really appreciate what you have, instead of complaining about what you don't have.

On a closing note, I think it was really cool that they also shared the stories of ordinary people who lives were affected the the Tsunami and updated us on how they are doing now.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an article in the US Weekly with Denise Richards on the cover!

Petra's New Heartbreak

Days after her TV interview, Nemcova mourns as her lover's body is found

On their first anniversary, last May, photographer Simon Atlee, 33, gave Czech model Petra Nemcova a 400-page book of memories filled with notes about her and sweet text messages they'd exchanged. Since December 26, the day she survived the tsunami that killed an estimated 300,000 people and destroyed miles of Africa's coastline, Nemcova, 25, has taken comfort from that book. But she needed it more than ever on March 5, when, after two months of desperate waiting, Nemcova learned that Atlee's body had been found, buried in mud a mile and a half from the Thai bungalow where the couple had vacationed. "She's devastated," her rep, Rob Shuter, tells Us. Nemcova has said, "I lost the person closest to me."

Grieving

Just days earlier, Nemcova wept as she confided to Diane Sawyer on Primetime Live, broadcast March 9, that the hardest part of her ordeal was "not knowing if Simon is still somewhere and needs help." And while she knew bad news must be coming ("When the days go by, you have to realize he will stay in our hearts all the time forever," she said), a source close to Nemcova says word that Atlee's body had been found still came as a shock. "It made her relive that horrible day, and although a few weeks from now I think she'll be grateful, at the moment she's too full of grief to think about closure."

Healing

Now that Nemcova is back home in the mining town of Karvina, five hours from Prague, the Czech capital, her father, mother and sister, Olga, a 23-year-old New York University student, have rallied to help her recover. The early therapy for her broken pelvis (six bones were smashed by debris as she clung to a palm tree for almost eight hours) was gentle daily exercise in, ironically, a pool.

She's continuing with more physical therapy. But to heal her heart, she looks to her lost love. "I talk to Simon," she told Sawyer. "I write to him. I never used to write a diary, but now I am writing a diary to him." As for the future: "I live day by day." Her father has said Nemcova wants to devote herself to helping young victims of the disaster rather than return to work, but others close to the Victoria's Secret model and Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girl say she'll eventually return to New York city, where she has lived for the past four years, and to her career. "Modeling is what she knows," a source says. "She loves doing it."

Before that, there will be a final farewell: Atlee's funeral this week in London. Not that Nemcova will ever really say goodbye. "There's no day," she said, "that would pass without thinking of it, of him and what happened."

• 1 month later...
Guest jeykey

message from Petra :

"Hello all -

Petra here checking in from New York City. I've just returned to my

home in NYC and I wanted to say hello to all of you. I've joined my

sister here and all my loved ones that have kept me in their thoughts

and prayers and have given me the strength to keep living to my

fullest potential. I also want to thank all of you who have been

checking in on my website and sending me well wishes - you're all so

amazing.

The weather in New York City is just beautiful. The sun is shining

bright and the streets are lined with beautiful flowers.

I'm planning on going back to Thailand in a couple of weeks to help

with the relief efforts and see how the rebuilding is coming along and

of course thank those who helped me recover in those early days. I

will travel there with my friends and my dear sister who's just

finishing up school for the year.

I will check in with all of you again soon. Thank you again for all!

Lots of love, light and happiness -

Petra

"

Guest quasicartes
message from Petra :

"Hello all -

Petra here checking in from New York City. I've just returned to my

home in NYC and I wanted to say hello to all of you. I've joined my

sister here and all my loved ones that have kept me in their thoughts

and prayers and have given me the strength to keep living to my

fullest potential. I also want to thank all of you who have been

checking in on my website and sending me well wishes - you're all so

amazing.

The weather in New York City is just beautiful. The sun is shining

bright and the streets are lined with beautiful flowers.

I'm planning on going back to Thailand in a couple of weeks to help

with the relief efforts and see how the rebuilding is coming along and

of course thank those who helped me recover in those early days. I

will travel there with my friends and my dear sister who's just

finishing up school for the year.

I will check in with all of you again soon. Thank you again for all!

Lots of love, light and happiness -

Petra

"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did she post this? :huh:

Guest Guest

Petra on TV (thanks to Gil)

CNN's Larry King Live - Airing live on Friday May 13 at 9 PM ET

ABC's Good Morning America - Airing on Tuesday May 17 from 7 -9 AM ET

Access Hollywood - Airing Tuesday May 17 at 7:30 PM ET (chk local

listings for channel

Guest Lullaby

Petra Nemcova is back and already wearing high heels just four-and-a-half months after having her pelvis completely crushed in an accident during the Asian tsunami.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lullaby

LATEST: Supermodel PETRA NEMCOVA recently returned to Thailand to thank the medical staff who helped her as she recovered from a broken pelvis sustained during the Indian Ocean tsunami last year (26DEC05).

The Czech beauty sustained the injury and then clung to a palm tree for eight hours as the deadly waves swept her British photographer boyfriend SIMON ATLEE to his death.

Nemcova, who spent two weeks in hospital recuperating, now plans to raise money for tsunami survivors.

She also has a special reminder of the devastating day - a necklace with an amulet given to her by a fellow survivor when she was on her way to the hospital.

She says, "I have worn it 'til this day."

Guest quasicartes
yeh... come to think of it, her recovery was freakishly fast :shifty:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Universal energy, she was saying. :whistle: