Bellazon

News

TSUNAMI PROMPTS NEMKOVA TO QUIT LAXATIVES

The Asian tsunami disaster last Christmas (04) helped supermodel PETRA NEMCOVA beat her addiction to laxatives.

The Czech model has revealed she spent the months leading up to her Thai vacation, which saw boyfriend SIMON ATLEE killed in the natural disaster, trying unsuccessfully to beat her pill-popping habit.

But, after spending eight hours clinging to the top of a palm tree with a shattered pelvis, Nemkova admits she made a pact with herself to stop taking the drugs for good.

She tells America's Self magazine, "I began taking them (laxatives) at the end of 2002. Eventually, I was up to six a day and feeling incredibly drained.

"Like many models, I'd been told I needed to lose 10 pounds, and even though I was getting a lot of positive feedback about my appearance, I wanted my stomach to be smaller.

"Finally, I reached a point where I felt weak and exhausted, so with Simon's encouragement, I started tapering from six pills to five, and so on.

"I took the last pills a few days before the tsunami. Now I treat my body with the respect it deserves. There's so much suffering in the world, I don't want to inflict more on myself for no reason."

21/11/2005 21:24

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...uit%20laxatives

Petra is going to be on extra in a few minutes!

A few minutes passed, and: ok, so I taped the interview for you guys. She is so sweet. Tears came to my eyes as she began talking. She said that sometimes she talks with a british accent that she does not normally have. She says that Simon is talking through her. She is bracing herself for the anniversary of his death. On Dec. 26 she will be with her family and Simon's family. She says she will be laughing because that is what Simon wants. The interviewer asked her if she is ready to date. She says she is going with the flow, You can't say tomorrow you will be dating. They showed her book and says that she is easing into modelling again. Oh and at the end of the interview it showed Petra in different video footage. It showed her little fingers together in the shape of a heart. That's when I almost cried. Awww.

Some news I found on google.

FROM NYPOST.COM

PETRA WEEPS AT NAME OF LOST LOVE

December 12, 2005 -- FIVE minutes into the conversation, Petra Nemcova was in tears. The willowy supermodel shot to her feet and excused herself tersely before dashing to the ladies' room.

Was it something I said?

A moment earlier, Petra, 26, was picking hungrily at a fresh-fruit platter in her publisher's office