Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Man, nine consecutive hits for the Dodgers in the eighth inning. I hope they have all that out of their system before they come to Tampa.

Well, Hyperion, it is NOT OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM!!! :D I know you're sad that your team lost, but you had to be happy for Luis Gonzalez at least. ;) He is, after all, the hometown kid. NICE HOMECOMING FOR HIM!!! And guess what else? The Dodgers are back in FIRST PLACE!!! :p

I went to the game today. A little displeased that Scott Kazmir can't field his position. But we managed to eke out a win so I can't complain

Man, nine consecutive hits for the Dodgers in the eighth inning. I hope they have all that out of their system before they come to Tampa.

Well, Hyperion, it is NOT OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM!!! :D I know you're sad that your team lost, but you had to be happy for Luis Gonzalez at least. ;) He is, after all, the hometown kid. NICE HOMECOMING FOR HIM!!! And guess what else? The Dodgers are back in FIRST PLACE!!! :p

Well the hits weren't out of their system today either. However, there were no clutch hits to be had. Sorry. And I know my team has some bad relief pitching but if Dioner Navarro and his measly .168 batting average can hit a HR off of them, then I'd demote the pitcher to the minors. So Sunday is the rubber match. But I have no doubt the Dodgers are the better team. But two out of three wouldn't be bad in my mind.

I went to the game today. A little displeased that Scott Kazmir can't field his position. But we managed to eke out a win so I can't complain

Well the hits weren't out of their system today either. However, there were no clutch hits to be had. Sorry. And I know my team has some bad relief pitching but if Dioner Navarro and his measly .168 batting average can hit a HR off of them, then I'd demote the pitcher to the minors. So Sunday is the rubber match. But I have no doubt the Dodgers are the better team. But two out of three wouldn't be bad in my mind.

True. The hitting with runners in scoring position was awful. A total of 15 men were left on base. 0-4 when the bases were juiced, and 4 times an inning finished with a runner on third. Thing is, the Dodgers have had trouble scoring runs all year. It is wasn't for the pitching staff, we would be lot more than a 1/2 game out of first place. Edwin Jackson starts for the Devil Rays, and he has yet to get a win this year. Dodges counter with Hong-Chih Kuo. He got shelled last time out, but he will be really hard to beat if he is able to locate his stuff. He even outpitched Jake Peavy this year. Too bad the Dodgers, who had a 5-1 lead in that game going into the 9th, coughed it up.

I've wondered what its like to see a game at Tropicana Field. I've never heard a good word about it.

Beckett versus Peavy tonight. Heavyweights~!

They fixed it up a little bit, but a dome is a dome. Chase Field is nice but it's sort of a combination. Having a good dome is an oxymoron. But no sunburn or rain is always nice for me.

I'm happy to see that the Rays took 2/3 from the Dodgers. I'm sure the Dodgers fans were happy that the Padres got the Red Sox and the Dodgers got the Rays. I know I would have been thinking that. But you didn't have your best pitching and Nomar was out so you had some tough breaks. But there are no excuses in baseball.

Still, wish you guys luck for the rest of the season and all that stuff.

Beckett took Peavy down... downtown. As Bernie Wildon wrote, "While Jake Peavy got dirty, Josh Beckett's stuff was simply filthy". Everything is looking good right now, Tavarez is pitching well, which is a bonus. Heck, maybe Julio Lugo will even start hitting the ball but then that's probably just being greedy.

Didn't the Dodgers switch their rotation so that Penny could pitch against the Diamondbacks instead? Priorities and all that.

• 1 month later...
I care! Say, who'd y'all get when you traded Ty Wigginton?

We got Dan Wheeler which is ironic cuz we traded him away about 6 years ago.

Some guy at work today posted a picture of Barry Bonds and said that a pictures is worth a thousand words. My response -- are any of those words steroids or asterisk?

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Yea dodgers are tearing it up right now manny is so sick

True. The Dodgers have been SO GOOD since acquiring Manny. :D I'm still surprised how well he is hitting NL pitchers, given that he has spent his entire career in the AL until the Dodgers got him. And look at the effect he has had on ANDRE ETHIER!!! :o Even the pitching of the Dodgers has improved. Obviously, Manny has lifted the spirits of the fans, players and city of L.A. since he came on board. With the Dodgers riding into the playoffs, and the Angels being the team to beat in the AL, I'm hoping, even though I know it's far fletched, to see a FREEWAY WORLD SERIES!!! So far in World Series History, we are the only area that have to NOT HAVE such a World Series. Even though it happened a long time ago, the Cubs and White Sox faced each other in the World Series. New York has such a series with the Yankees and Mets, and the Bay Area had the Giants and the A's. Sure, the Nationals and Orioles haven't done it yet, but the Nationals just recently relocated to that area.

Phillies and Dodgers are the hottest teams right now. Philly is a little hotter though :whistle: 73-0 when leading after 8 innings. and just swept all 9 against the Braves

Phillies done cooled off a little bit, losing the last 2 TO THE BRAVES!!! :rofl: And with the magic number 3, that Eastern Division is still up for grabs. Consider yourselves lucky that those last 3 are against the Nationals, coupled with the fact the Mets suck, and are gonna have their work cut out for them playing the Marlins.

Dodgers, on the other hand, still RED HOT!!! And, our magic number is 1!!! Shouldn't be too hard. We blown out SD the last 2 games, with another game tonight. Then the trip to SF, and we OWN THE GIANTS!!! :yes: