Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Man, the Devil Rays really like to live up to the name.

They submitted some paperwork to MLB for name changing. So next year they're either going to be just 'The Rays' or something else entirely. Hopefully it won't be excessive and redundant like the LA Angels of Anaheim. There should only be one 'LA' on the box score. None of this 'LAA' or "LAD' crap.

And the Dodgers - Rays game is gonna be in Tampa. There's a turn-back the clock game in the series so the Dodgers get to wear their Brooklyn outfits. What the Devil Rays will wear? They definitely weren't around in the 50s. My dad said they should just wear jock-straps.

That's the only way the Dodgers can play a "Turn Back the Clock" game is to have "Brooklyn" on their uniform. As far as their home uniforms go, the only thing that changed was the cap. I remember they had some road unifroms that said Dodgers but was that dark color of their current uniforms, but they later changed back to "Los Angeles" which was on the old L.A. road uniforms that Koufax and Drysdale wore.

The Red Sox thing was kind of flippant. We deserve the recognition now but if the wheels fall off, watch to see how quickly the rest of the country revels in it. This is post-2004, I'm not sure we're anyone's second favourite team anymore. The bias towards the East Coast (hell, at the moment you could even say the American League) is historical I guess and won't change anytime soon. I know a lot of folks who get frustrated by Red Sox-Yankees games hijacking ESPN but that's where the ratings are. Diamondbacks and Padres on a Sunday night? Not so much.

Kazmir won last night.

well the Phillies got the sweep which is amazing considering the fact that Howard hasn't even heated up yet. I've seen quite a few Phillies games down here in Clearwater. It seems each year like they have a good team (at least recently) but they just can't quite put it together. I'm amazed that they swept the Mets who seem to have a superior rotation.

The Rays brought in their utility infielder to get the final three outs. That's how bad it was. But I'm used to it. Which is sort of sad. It gets me, but not that bad. I know my team is going to lose these types of games. But we have a pitcher in the pen with a 12 ERA. And the manager brings him into a one-run game. I mean c'mon, that's terrible. I would take Grady Little over Joe Maddon any day of the week. I would probably take an average fan over him too.

I don't know how Clemens can earn the salary unless they make the playoffs, same thing with Arod. When you break the bank and make someone the highest paid player at their position, they have to be more than great, they have to be a difference maker. Like Soriano on the Cubs, 3HRs last night and he's only up to 7. So far, he's been a bust to me. If he was making the minimum it would be different, but he's not.

Yeah uh the Devil Rays took one out of three from the Padres. I don't understand how the Padres are in first. Their offense is terrible. I mean they have Peavy and Maddux (and now Germano) but everyone seems to be batting under .300 on their team and they're still in first place... over LA.

DODGERS all the way k dub did u see when hung chi quo hit the homer and flipped the bat haha

Yeah, I saw that. :rofl: I never seen a pitcher do that before. And the way he did was SO GANGSTA!!! :blueeyedbaby: And to Hyperion, BIG DEAL!!! :cain: Playoffs Don't happen til' October. Besides, it's only by a HALF GAME!!! :clobber: