Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

I'm with you Brenlynn. There is nothing like postseaon baseball.

K_dub, I think you will be needing this. :surrender:

:p

I don't think so. The Dodgers got Lowe, Penny and Maddux. Maddux is suspect and Penny might not be healthy, but Lowe and Penny have always done well when their teams made the postseason. El Duque isn't nearly the postseason pitcher that he was with the Yankees. His 8-0 record in his first 10 posteason starts was great. Since then, a 1-3 record and a 3.63 ERA in 39 2/3 postseason innings. :whistle: Looks like our young rookie Hong-Chih Kuo will start game 2 instead of Maddux. Kuo has no posteason experience, but has faced the Mets this year, fanning seven in six innings. :D Glavine does have postseason experience, but is hasn't helped much. His last 15 postseason starts -- those from 1997 forward -- have yielded a 4-9 record and 4.40 ERA. :o And I hear Steve Trachsel is pitching game 3. 15-8 is a good record, but with that ERA of 4.97, I like our chances against him. Matter of fact, I like our chances of winning this series. We need the white flag?! :rofl:

Now, El Duque needs a MRI on his leg because he hurt himself running sprints!!! :rofl: Now, the Mets have no idea who the Game 1 starter is GONNA BE!!! :ddr: Shit, I'm ready to throw the Dodger victory party already. :fun: Impel, I think you will be needing this: :surrender:

:p :yes:

How ironic. The Tigers took out the Yankees, NO PROBLEM!!! :D San Diego is still alive. The Mets, despite losing Pedro and El Duque to injuries, they still took out my beloved Dodgers, NO PROBLEM!!! :cry: So, Oakland goes against the Tigers, while the Mets wait for the winner of the San Diego-St. Louis series. What you fellow baseball fans think about those matchups?

this is horrible, shocking and just adds to an even more awful way to remember the end of this season.

his wife, apparently was on another plane headed home - i believe. she was not on the plane. it's believed it was only cory and his flight instructor.

being a yankee fan, a die-hard one at that, i'm at work right now and recieved about six phone calls, two emails, and one text message when the news broke, all from friends and family. i'm still very shook up and upset about this, i just can't wait to get home so i can mourn a little.

mickiala, since i see you are a mets fan... cory did play for the mets a while back. he also played for the oakland a's. i am sure they will have a moment of silence before the games tonight and it's being speculated that the mets game will probably be called on account of the weather anyway.

rest in peace cory. my thoughts and prayers are with his family and all of his teammates.

so tragic.

That is sad. Even though I'm not a Yankee fan, it kinda does hit home where I live. Lidle was born and raised in the L.A. area. The news people were interviewing friends and family at the Lidle home in Glendora. Right now they are talking to his ex-teamates like Eric Byrnes and Barry Zito. Kinda hard to focus on baseball in light of this tradegy.

Cory Lidle 1972-2006 R.I.P.