Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

:whistle: Now that was close. Dodgers were slippin' and slidin', and almost became the WILD CARD TEAM!!! :pinch: :ermm: However, they were able to recover to win the west and the best record in the NL as well. :blueeyedbaby: :D :yes: However, now it gets difficult. My boys gotta face St. Louis, who in addition have a great pitching staff, have the best player in the game, ALBERT PUJOLS!!! :( :shock: :blink: :dontgetit: I know anything can happen in the playoffs, but we didn't fare well against them in the regular season.

I got the Phillies winning vs. the Rockies. Both team have good lineups, but I think the Phils got the edge in pitching. The key to beating the Phillies is to have lefties to start against them to face the likes of Utley, Howard, and Ibanez, and the Rockies only have one left-handed starter, and he might not even be available. Phillies might sweep this one.

I'll wait to see what happens Tuesday before I make my pics for the AL.

HA-HA!!! :laugh: That wasn't even a challenge. :whistle: Dodgers faced the best 1-2-3 punch in the NL, plus the best player in probably the MLB, and broke out the MF'N BROOMSTICK!!! :beating: :clobber: :blueeyedbaby: :war::yes: So, while the Phillies and Rockies are softening each other up, the Dodgers are :clap: :fun: :woot: :grouphug: :dance: :hell yea!: :ddr: :rofl: for now.

The advantage belongs to the L.A. now. The Phillies did beat us in the NLCS last year, but they are worse than they were last year, and the Dodgers are better. We have 2 left-handed starters now, and 2 in the bullpen as well, perfect for dealin' with a left-handed heavy lineup that the Phillies have. Not to mention look at the Philadelphia bullpen. WHAT A MESS!!! 22 BLOWN SAVES?! :rofl: :shock: :wacko: :whistle: :cain: :blink: :x As far as the Rockies are concerned, and record of 4-14 against the Dodgers pretty much sums up how that matchup would go down.

In the AL, looks like New York and those L.A. wannabies are about to take care of business, then will head to a clash into a classic SoCal vs. New York SHOWDOWN!!! I got the Angels winning this one. Lackey and Weaver are the best 1-2 punch in the AL, and good pitching stops good hitting.

down by 2 in the 9th, 2 strikes, and Howard hits a double. Werth up next gets Howard home for the winning run. that's how world champions play.

NLCS rematch baby! may the best team win.

Might be time for some PAYBACK!!! :D ;) I already outlined why I think the Dodgers are at an advantage this time around. However, Matt, I gotta give it up to your boys. That was one hell of a comeback.

In the AL, Angels vs. Yankees. New York is most likely favored, given their lineup, plus they will have home-field advantage. However, I think that 1-2 of Lackey and Weaver is better than what the Yankees have. Sabathia is probably the best pitcher in the AL, but who else do the Yankees really have?

In closing, I'm hoping for a FREEWAY WORLD SERIES!!! :yes: With the exception of the D.C. area, we are the only place that hasn't had that happen before. NYC has had it many times, Chicago way back in the day had it, as did the Bay Area.

So, uh, yea. You guys stranded a whole island on base :whistle: and you walked as many batters as i think we got hits. i heard them say 14 of the last 17 game 1 winners of the NLCS go on to the world series.

I know its only one game, but with Lidge back (so it seems) I see no reason why we shouldnt win this series. Chan Ho was lights out too.

So, uh, yea. You guys stranded a whole island on base :whistle: and you walked as many batters as i think we got hits. i heard them say 14 of the last 17 game 1 winners of the NLCS go on to the world series.

I know its only one game, but with Lidge back (so it seems) I see no reason why we shouldnt win this series. Chan Ho was lights out too.

:blush: No doubt. Your boys got this one. I checked the stats, and the Phils kicked Kershaw around on previous occasions, while Cole Hamels has dominated the Dodgers on previous occasions. He didn't dominate, but pitched good enough to win. We may have left many men on base, but that wasn't the problem. The walks and the pitching was. Yeah, 14 of the 17 do advance to the World Series. That means we still have a shot, right? ;)

Like you said, one game. Dodgers can still win, so don't break out the broomstick just yet.

Hey matt, how bout THAT BULLPEN?! Or UTLEY?! :rofl: Your boys gave that game away. Utley, on a routine double play ball, throws the ball nearly into his own dugout, leading to the tying run. :whistle: To make matters worse, Ryan Madison walked in the go-ahead run. CARDINAL SIN!!! :ninja: And here's the kicker: it all happened against the PHILLY BULLPEN!!! :cain: No wonder why Cliff Lee wants to pitch complete games.

well the most likely way for us to lose is if our bullpen fucks up. and that happened. thats our weakness. i missed most the game but caught some of it on the radio. Pedro played great so I hear.

home field advantage also means nothing to us really since we're just as good on the road as we are at home. but we still have home field. Cliff Lee should be able to win game 3. i dont see you guys taking more than 1 in Philly.

well the most likely way for us to lose is if our bullpen fucks up. and that happened. thats our weakness. i missed most the game but caught some of it on the radio. Pedro played great so I hear.

home field advantage also means nothing to us really since we're just as good on the road as we are at home. but we still have home field. Cliff Lee should be able to win game 3. i dont see you guys taking more than 1 in Philly.

Pedro did play good. Pitched 7 scoreless innings. Padilla also pitched well. Only mistake was hanging a ball to Howard, who hit it out.

If we win 1 in Philly, sounds good to me. That's ALL WE NEED!!! That way, we regain the home-field advantage. However, the Dodgers are similar to the Phillies that home-field is not that important. Phils had the best road record in the NL, and the Dodgers were 3rd in that department. You should be confident about Cliff Lee going in game 3. However, I'm just as confident that we can win that game as well. Hiroki Kuroda will be the Dodgers starter in game 3. We was the only pitcher to win against the Phillies in last year's NLCS. He also pitched 6 scoreless innings against the Phillies this year, resulting in a no-decision for him in a game that the Dodgers eventually won. Matter of fact, the Phillies have only been able to score 3 runs off of Kuroda in 3 career starts, including the playoff game. Many in the Dodgers' batting order have never faced Lee, with the exception of 2, Manny Ramirez and Rafael Furcal. Furcal has only faced Cliff Lee 3 times in his career :/ , but he is hitting .667 against him with a home run. :) Manny, on the other hand, has faced Lee 14 times, and is hitting .429 with 2 home runs and 6 RBI's against him. :D

too bad the Phils couldnt give some of those points to the Eagles. they needed them today :ninja:

all kidding aside, it looks like if Cliff Lee is pitching for us you might as well notch up a win. and Howard? are you kidding me? with runners in scoring position he gets in some type of zone.