Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

Here are a bunch of vidcaps from the couple of videos that SI put on SI Now, about the cover trio.  I think it's fine to post them, because they're already released by SI, correct?  I saw other ones posted of the 50 Years special sneak peeks, so I assume yes.

The Cover Girls:

L1392438761138329_1.jpg L1392438761138329_2.jpg L1392438761138329_3.jpg L1392438761138329_4.jpg L1392438761138329_5.jpg L1392438761138329_6.jpg L1392438761138329_7.jpg L1392438761138329_8.jpg L1392438761138329_9.jpg L1392438761138329_10.jpg L1392438761138329_11.jpg L1392438761138329_12.jpg L1392438761138329_13.jpg L1392438761138329_14.jpg

Chrissy Teigen: (I think she looks good, btw, although I also can't stand her attitude on Twitter.)

K1392438809133009_1.jpg K1392438809133009_2.jpg K1392438809133009_3.jpg K1392438809133009_4.jpg

Nina Agdal: (omg, what a body)

G1392438835134285_1.jpg G1392438835134285_2.jpg G1392438835134285_3.jpg G1392438835134285_4.jpg G1392438835134285_5.jpg

Lily Aldridge: (she's growing on me… I really like this first one.)

G139243886513576_1.jpg G139243886513576_2.jpg G139243886513576_3.jpg G139243886513576_4.jpg G139243886513576_5.jpg

Slowen... can you please clarify what denipplefication means, or even what language it is?

sure thing!

well, i'll assume you know what a nipple is

the -ification suffix is derived from the latin 'ficare' or 'to make' so nipplefication would be 'to make nipples'

but the de- prefix implies negation, meaning the opposite, like 'remove' or 'without'

put it all together, and denipplefication would mean "to make without nipples".  it's a perfectly cromulent word.

for further evidence of SI's denipplefication practices, please see fellow BZ'er swimsuitologist's post on the subject

Slowen... can you please clarify what denipplefication means, or even what language it is?

sure thing!

well, i'll assume you know what a nipple is

the -ification suffix is derived from the latin 'ficare' or 'to make' so nipplefication would be 'to make nipples'

but the de- prefix implies negation, meaning the opposite, like 'remove' or 'without'

put it all together, and denipplefication would mean "to make without nipples".  it's a perfectly cromulent word.

for further evidence of SI's denipplefication practices, please see fellow BZ'er swimsuitologist's post on the subject

LOL WTF  :rofl: 

oh, don't misunderstand--i totally agree that SI photoshops the hell out of the girls.  the denipplefication is particularly frustrating.  and they'll airbrush the skin all day long.  but they're not doing dumb / weird photoshopping.  if someone here really thinks they elongated chrissy's arm on the cover, well, that makes no sense.  and people here think they photoshop the sneak peek pictures before posing them to instagram!!  uh, no.  why would they do that? 

i mean, people here on BZ really think that there's some SI photoshop wizard who is thinking OH MAN WHAT IF I STRETCH CHRISSY'S ARM SO IT'S TOUCHING NINA'S BUTT!?!?!  it's just stupid.  i mean, find a friend that is as thin as lily aldridge, put that person between you and a third person, then try to touch their butt.  it's not impossible.

Myyyy mistake, thought you meant the rookie/preview pics. I didn't see those comments but anyone who thinks that should probably consult the video. Cause it looks like it happened to me. Not that there isn't some pretty bad PS on the cover... :/

As for the de-nippling, I think the worst one was Marisa Miller's cover. Come to think of it there hasn't been an SI swim cover I REALLY liked for a long time now. 

That said, I'm still excited to see inside the mag! Especially Emily R's body painting pics!!!!!!

After two days of studies on this cover :D , we must admit that the three models on this cover are obviously in shape. But for me that's not the problem. Nina is in my opinion the only model of three to really deserve her place here, great body, and big activity this years, maybe the most important thing to be on a SI cover. CT no comments, she just need to tell a big thanks to her husband...and to twitter too  :D  Lily is for SI a good thing, SI/VS crossover is a positive stuff... but a rookie hasn't her place on a SI cover. 

But after all, maybe, the SI editors, thought that the cover isn't now a SO important thing ! With the swimdaily, and the SI Swim homesite the cover is for me become a second-rate event. As we know, a lot of SI fans, prefers now the BTS videos than the shoots themselves...

And i FULLY agree that the SI photoshop is a terrible thing, for the model in first, and for the readers too. nobody like that, why to continue ? I prefer Kate than ROBOT Kate... :D

You're crazy, dude. Do you really need to insinuate "killing" someone because their opinion differs from yours? Yes, I'm well aware that Genevieve has done SI for 5 years. I was just questioning how she has been doing it for so long. Obviously she has something going for her if SI has used her 5 times. I just don't see it, but that's simply my opinion. Just because I dislike her, doesn't mean everyone else has to too. This is a professional (but fun too!) fashion forum, we don't have to pounce on each other for having different opinions. I apologize if my comment was out of line, but please respect my opinion.

Genvieve is  butter face but her body is amazing -in my not humble opinion-  I don't think you are going to see her on the cover of vogue or Harper's bazaar. She is never going to pose for fashion editorials wearing high fashion, with famous photographers and she will never be a "hit" girl.  She is a catalog/lingerie/ bikini model and she does a job very well! If SI has used her 5 times in a raw it's certainly because she is good at doing her job? Her body fits perfectly the magazine theme, she is a professional & even if the only thing I know about her is her hot body, she is maybe a nice woman to work with? Not a diva and a good attitude is sometimes rewarded in that business (Even if that MJ person everybody is talking about on this thread, seems to be a crazy lunatic chick to work with) I also think Genevieve  is not pretty enough to be a model but she is a pretty girl per se.

ps: certain playboy models -without surgeries- are better looking then fashion models (especially VS ones) < still my not humble opinion :gocho:

ps² @JJ3: respire bien à fond! (breath deeply) j'ai rien dit de mal, hein! (I said nothing wrong!) enfin juste un petit peu...

ps3: why there is a chumpkin on the right  side of the cover of SI?

Edit: gab6565 I have quoted the wrong message. I answered to the first one u posted about Genevieve not the one above ^^ :wacko:

(i don't comment here for ages but i check bellazon almost every day)
I'm upset with the cover, i was so exited to see Kate on it for the space theme,
I like Nina and she look good so i'm happy for her, Chrissy well you all already said why i'm not happy with this choice.
Lily doesn't deserve the cover, i don't wanna be rude so i'll only said i don't like her and she's not attractive for me.
Can't wait for the pics.

I think Genevieve has a nice face TBH, she obvioysly isn't the most beautiful woman in the world but i think she's pretty.

Especially when you compare her to Julie Henderson, Chrissy or even Jessica G :ninja:

Also while i'm not a fan of Lily i don't get why everyone is bitching about her being a rookie and getting the cover, is not like Kate Upton had much experience under her belt and she got not once but twice. Lily while is not the biggest name in the industry she is IMO by far more familiar to the average american than most of the veterans & rookies from this year.