Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

I just hope she gave that same energy in supporting brands, most likely smaller brands who already promotes body positivity. It's kinda late to focus now on a brand like VS when there are the likes of Aerie who has been relentless in promoting what robin wants. Even if VS is going on that path, it will feel forced and they just use tokenism for marketing. Idk. I just think that there are brands out there that this campaign should support rather than focusing VS

Am I the only one that keeps holding tight the one of seeing Hannah and Sofia on the VS runway? I saw this post and I tought of that. It's a candid of the casting day and she used the "mission acomplished" and the secretive stickers and also Sofia reposted it too. Idk about you guys but I would be thrilled to have this two. THAT. BODIES. 

Screenshot_2018-10-17-06-05-09.png

12 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Doesn't matter who is in charge, VS (or other lingerie brands for that matter) are selling a fantasy. If they stop doing that, they will probably sink faster than the Titanic. People act as if fashion and Hollywood are single-handedly responsible for beauty standards rather than largely following the already existing trends. And even if it were all fashion and Hollywood's fault, one company can't change that on its own. The average consumer finds Adriana Lima prettier than Ashley Graham, this isn't going to change even if billions are thrown at chasing the illusive "all body shapes are equally" beautiful goal.

Now, campaigning against the use of ultra-skinny models as opposed to slender but not quite as skinny ones is far more likely to succeed but in that case focusing on VS rather than high fashion is rather absurd.

Many lingerie brands are already jumping in the body positivity hiring bigger girls now, and they had been doing it slowly and none of them are sinking like the Titanic because inclusivity is a trend as bad a it sounds. My post wasn't about that tho, what I was trying to say is that an online petition won't do anything if pople above don't want that change.

VS is a sinking ship anyways, with or without bigger models because they aren't even selling a fantasy anymore, unless it's a teenage fantasy.:rofl:

1 minute ago, PastaFreak said:

YES, CAN WE DO THAT? 

Maybe using a Barbie or what not since full scale might be difficult?

Idk if anyone wants to head it up but I am already thinking of ideas.

#SOFIATHISISHOWYOUDOIT

21 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

Many lingerie brands are already jumping in the body positivity hiring bigger girls now, and they had been doing it slowly and none of them are sinking like the Titanic because inclusivity is a trend as bad a it sounds.

Sure but I suspect their inclusivity is limited and they don't pick their models on the basis of diversity alone. And VS' sinking probably has to do a lot more with other parts of their policies than just the models and the fashion show. VS is doing a really bad job of selling their brand of dream, doesn't mean the idea isn't sound in general. I mean, Hollywood and other fashion brands seem to be doing just fine with it.

1 minute ago, VSFSFanatic said:

Why the Sadie hate? I find her quite intriguing...

I actually like the majority of the new models!!

Most of us find her very...bland. The girl has no fashion career, a terrible walk and not very good looks. She does particulary bad ad her VS shoots. She is just like Sara's accesory in VS. 

Maybe because pretty much the only reason she was casted was because Sara had some pull as a friend?

Doesn't help that Sara got pretty nasty when people accused her of it.

That in combination with some of the girls that didn't get casted does the situation no good, imho.

4 hours ago, marinebing said:

Unpopular opinion in the outside world but maybe not here : I LIKE that the models are « unrealistic » although nobody is, since they do exist ...

i like that they have beautiful perfect bodies, that’s the dream. I don’t want to see a girl that looks like me, otherwise I’d be mad that it’s not me on the runway, what’s the point ?

there. I said it. 

I totally agree with you! I watch the show for entertainment and to see a fantasy. I love body diversity in fashion but I like watching vs with their perfect models. Am I one of them... nope. I still enjoy watching it regardless. Robyn has gotten quite widespread media coverage today in Australia. She has been on tv in newspapers and quite frankly appears bitter. The cause behind it however is really worthwhile (donating bras to homeless women)

Just now, hannah_j112 said:

I totally agree with you! I watch the show for entertainment and to see a fantasy. I love body diversity in fashion but I like watching vs with their perfect models. Am I one of them... nope. I still enjoy watching it regardless. Robyn has gotten quite widespread media coverage today in Australia. She has been on tv in newspapers and quite frankly appears bitter. The cause behind it however is really worthwhile (donating bras to homeless women)

Well said.

1 hour ago, medicenevs said:

I'M IN.

1 hour ago, Dipit said:

Maybe using a Barbie or what not since full scale might be difficult?

Idk if anyone wants to head it up but I am already thinking of ideas.

#SOFIATHISISHOWYOUDOIT

Just out of curiosity because I'm not an artsy person, do I start by buying metal wire frames?

4 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I'll be the judge of yall's contest because I have no artistic talent whatsoever but I am great at juding other people :rofl:

I was gonna day, you’d be a great judge if/when we get this worked out. 

8 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I'll be the judge of yall's contest because I have no artistic talent whatsoever but I am great at juding other people :rofl:

Can’t do anything useful with my own hands so I’m either co-chair on this or I’m the joke of the contest

I’m happy either way