Bellazon

You guys were right about VSFS 2017 happening in China. Weibo fashion pages are posting up the VS Model Search competition. They were also promoting videos of Sui/Ming doing core workouts, I guess its to promote the search? Also, I thought once you're a fit model, you're a fit model until VS decides to let you go? @Clauds they were so in love with Cindy.

I'm willing to bet 50 dollars Constance Jablonski won't be back for this year's fashion show.

4 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

You guys were right about VSFS 2017 happening in China. Weibo fashion pages are posting up the VS Model Search competition. They were also promoting videos of Sui/Ming doing core workouts, I guess its to promote the search? Also, I thought once you're a fit model, you're a fit model until VS decides to let you go? @Clauds they were so in love with Cindy.

I'm willing to bet 50 dollars Constance Jablonski won't be back for this year's fashion show.

It depends, being a fit model is good because for the past decade all the fit models got to walk the show, however it is also very time consuming and it gets even worse as they comes closer so Cindy could easily have opted out from being a fit model :idk: Since the show is in China I think VS will most likely try to cast more Asians and have a more diverse cast, if they do, it means we'll either have 60 models walking or some veterans/rookies from last year will get cut.

Also, I'm 100% sure there's no escaping the Baldwin chick this year, she's walking and there's nothing we can do about it

On 2017-6-8 at 1:42 PM, gotportugal said:

There are various options for artists this year, VS can't screw up, artists will want to do this as the VSFS is still a good platform for them.

Miley Cyrus (new music)

Zayn (Gigi+him buzz)

Harry Styles (omg the tension of Harry and Sara loll)

Niall Horan (for the usual sad song)

Ariana Grande (her songs are very VS-like)

Katy Perry (she'll go everywhere to promote her songs)

Nicki Minaj 

Drake and RiRi (interesting duo, Ri alone would create a lot of buzz plus VS's audience is very urban so, it terms of ratings, the smartest choice here IMO)

Camilla Cabello

Fifth Fourth Harmony 

Shawm Mendes (teen magnet)

Justin Bieber (strong option, everything he sings gets popular)

Selena Gomez

Any Chinese Artist or KPOP artist, to garner interest in the country

Lorde

Imagine Dragons (if they need that action segment)

Kendrick (duh he's amazing)

Christina Aguilera

Adam Levine (with the return of the pregnant wife)

Taylor Swift (yup, she'll do it, they haven't been keeping Martha bc of her modelling skills only right?)

Any artist sounds good except Selena, Justin, Katy and Taylor. I'm already so sick of these four and I think it would be very repetitive (pop music for ex pairings and Justin even under the stones). I would like to extend the music to artists who have not stepped on the show before. Harry would have a perfect song for a romantic segment and Zayn, well, has good music.

17 hours ago, Clauds said:

It depends, being a fit model is good because for the past decade all the fit models got to walk the show, however it is also very time consuming and it gets even worse as they comes closer so Cindy could easily have opted out from being a fit model :idk: Since the show is in China I think VS will most likely try to cast more Asians and have a more diverse cast, if they do, it means we'll either have 60 models walking or some veterans/rookies from last year will get cut.

Also, I'm 100% sure there's no escaping the Baldwin chick this year, she's walking and there's nothing we can do about it

I would seriously riot if they cast more models than last year....50+ was already waaay too much that during the segments, when models were walking, there were pretty much 6 on the runway at a time bumping into a each other :goose-wft: I really hope we get AT MOST 40 models this year...even if it means cutting veterans and some last year rookies (cough cough Lily D, Brooke Perry and any other basic blonde lookalike).

also, if we do get less models this year...Angels can finally go back to having 3 looks/outfits :ddr:

1 hour ago, Fashionsketcher said:

Please No, I was heartbroken last year, Hoping and Praying to la Virgencita de Guadalupe for Her comeback.

17438118_716202535227273_544654847445775

Constance is gorgeous, has a strong walk and doesn't blend or fade in with the other blondes due to her unique look. I really hope she walks this year's show :/

On 6/10/2017 at 10:32 PM, almanaotemcor said:

Drake and RiRi (interesting duo, Ri alone would create a lot of buzz plus VS's audience is very urban so, it terms of ratings, the smartest choice here IMO)

I doubt that will happen since they broke up.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:43 AM, AngelAshley94 said:

My friend's aunt works with the creative team for VS and says that their 6 segments are very unique this year :ermm: and my theory about PINK was right, it WILL be a beachy/surf theme and there will be a femme fatale/vixen theme (think latex, leather, long gloves), it'll be the closing segment which makes me think that this year's fantasy bra will possibly be black (like Adriana in 2008 and Marissa in 2009). 

On 6/8/2017 at 11:19 AM, AngelAshley94 said:

She wouldn't tell us anything more! :/ just those two segments and she mentioned that the opening segment is gonna be very, very colorful and trippy and said it involved sweets and candy (....umm 2005 much?) they're really re-using segments to the point it's embarrassing. 

Femme fatale/vixen theme? Monica and/or Sophia described two of the segments last year using those words. :girlbanghead: And an opening segment that's very colorful and trippy? How original! They haven't done that for four out of the last five shows either. :cain: If this turns out to be true, I won't be shocked at all. VS needs a new creative time like yesterday. 

1 hour ago, ceceshores said:

Femme fatale/vixen theme? Monica and/or Sophia described two of the segments last year using those words. :girlbanghead: And an opening segment that's very colorful and trippy? How original! They haven't done that for four out of the last five shows either. :cain: If this turns out to be true, I won't be shocked at all. VS needs a new creative time like yesterday. 

They really do need a new creative team. It's really tragic the way they keep reusing old segments, however the femme fatale/vixen theme (outfit wise) is like the lovechild of Coquettish Fetish from 2006 and Dangerous from 2008...she said the outfits look really breathtaking and will actually be mostly lingerie and not costumey. They mentioned VS is trying to bring back their sex appeal that they lost for years, so fingers crossed! I can't wait to see the designs and sketches!   

2 hours ago, breakneckspeed said:

They need Todd Thomas again!!! Does anyone know why he's no longer a part of VSFS prep?

I think Todd left to pursue his own business, but I think you also mean "Can someone explain to me if there was some shade going on between Todd and the other designers" right? I was wondering the question myself since 2013, I honestly thought he was just sidelined to make way for Sophia, but then I gradually found out he left.  

Also, I praaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that Sarah Potempa has the brains to at least make the looks/hair not boring this year. Getting tired of small curls, big curlios please. 

2 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

They really do need a new creative team. It's really tragic the way they keep reusing old segments, however the femme fatale/vixen theme (outfit wise) is like the lovechild of Coquettish Fetish from 2006 and Dangerous from 2008...she said the outfits look really breathtaking and will actually be mostly lingerie and not costumey. They mentioned VS is trying to bring back their sex appeal that they lost for years, so fingers crossed! I can't wait to see the designs and sketches!   

Also, bringing back sex appeal? Did Sophia get kicked off the designing theme? Doesn't sound like Sophia at all. 

@PastaFreak thank you for your response! :smile: 

The one person who I would be more than happy to see leave (and never be booked again) the VSFS production team is Sarah Potempa and her campaign to make the Beachwaver a thing. I have never tried the Beachwaver but it's marketing image is garbage. $125 for a wand that gives you limp noodle waves?? I had a Remington curling wand that I bought for $20 and I got much better curls than the tragic Beachwaver curls. If the hair actually looked good, then I'd be happy with Sarah staying. However, it never really looks good on the models and many of them look like they either rolled out of bed. 

I would love for VS to change up their hair and makeup in general for the show. I get they want the girls to look "natural" but it's the VSFS, their prime holiday marketing spot. The girls need to look glam at the show, especially when they go all out for hair and makeup during the holiday commercial. The lights at the show wash out the girls' make up big time.

17 minutes ago, breakneckspeed said:

I would love for VS to change up their hair and makeup in general for the show. I get they want the girls to look "natural" but it's the VSFS, their prime holiday marketing spot. The girls need to look glam at the show, especially when they go all out for hair and makeup during the holiday commercial. The lights at the show wash out the girls' make up big time.

This! I don't get why they love to this "no makeup makeup" look the past few years. It makes absolutely no sense. I loved the makeup in 2005, 2006 and 2008.. They need more of that and less of this basic nonsense. 

4 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Neither of which I cared for so this sounds like a nightmare to me, haha. But I'm curious to see the sketches as well. 

2 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

I think Todd left to pursue his own business, but I think you also mean "Can someone explain to me if there was some shade going on between Todd and the other designers" right? I was wondering the question myself since 2013, I honestly thought he was just sidelined to make way for Sophia, but then I gradually found out he left.  

Also, I praaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that Sarah Potempa has the brains to at least make the looks/hair not boring this year. Getting tired of small curls, big curlios please. 

Also, bringing back sex appeal? Did Sophia get kicked off the designing theme? Doesn't sound like Sophia at all. 

I thought the same thing. Sophia hates anything remotely sexy :/ I really hope that maybe she sat this year out or something.

I thought the same thing. Sophia hates anything remotely sexy :/ I really hope that maybe she sat this year out or something.

I actually didn't mind those segments! (although Coquettish Fetish was very odd and tacky).

If Sophia gets kicked out of the team, it also means we won't be seeing most of our regulars back and also less wings. But an educated search on IG shows that Sophia was at 2017 VS Fittings a week ago, that means she's still in. You know when you said Sophia hates anything remotely sexy, the ironic part of it is whenever she describes an outfit, the only word she has going is "sexy" and "sensual" :angel:

11 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

If Sophia gets kicked out of the team, it also means we won't be seeing most of our regulars back and also less wings. But an educated search on IG shows that Sophia was at 2017 VS Fittings a week ago, that means she's still in. You know when you said Sophia hates anything remotely sexy, the ironic part of it is whenever she describes an outfit, the only word she has going is "sexy" and "sensual" :angel:

And then the outfit she says that's "sexy" or "sensual" almost always ends up looking fully covered up smh