Bellazon

22 minutes ago, Warhol said:

why?

To be fair, it would be annoying to see her for the third time. Especially since all the attention will be on interaction between her and Harry and her and Karlie.

Also, last time she was very inconsiderate to other models and almost crashed into few of them while performing.

There are so many performers they can choose from who have never performed at the Show.

And this is coming from someone who is a fan of Taylor.

4 minutes ago, Schemer said:

To be fair, it would be annoying to see her for the third time. Especially since all the attention will be on interaction between her and Harry and her and Karlie.

Also, last time she was very inconsiderate to other models and almost crashed into few of them while performing.

There are so many performers they can choose from who have never performed at the Show.

Super agree with you.

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

Yup this is why. I mean, I have liked a few of her songs. More than I want to admit but I am just tired of this Taylor/Vs/Karlie shit. They look like fraternal twins anyway

11 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Adriana Lima knows she's gorgeous and she's not having Garth's nonsense LOL. 

Her's would be the shortest. This is why I hate VS now.

They gonna give her the most bland outfits. little air time.She probably will never get another Fb or open the show again. But they will work her to death to promote the show.

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

She's getting paid millions. I don't think doing a few press appearances for two days out of the year is gonna break her. 

Thats not my point. My point is, if they gonna use Adriana as bait to get more people to watch the show, they could show her more and atleast give her one of the better outfits. THATS something that wouldn't hurt. Especially compared the instamodels or whoever is newer.

It doesn't matter how many appearances she makes herself, its compared to other people. She makes the most appearances and press. Nobody has promoted the show more than her these past few years. Even when a magazine offers to give them a shoot since the show is coming up, Adriana is gonna be there. In Paris last year, people here were complaining about her hair when she was at the photo call by the effel tower, saying she looked too sporty (and tired) compared to the rest of the angels. Thats because Adriana was the only one  who had  to shoot a fitness video for promo that same early morning, previous to the photo call. She does alot when that show comes around. And its not usual. So clearly VS knows how beneficial and important she is, they shouldn't only act like it, when they need viewers. There are  models who ALSO gets paid millions, but they also get nice outfits and/or more airtime,  but they don't have to promote as much as Adriana has.

If they feel they must tone down on Adriana because of the future, and need to make newer models shine more because of the future, they need to do that all around and not be selective. They want to get people used to seeing less Adriana and more of the other girls. Have the other girls promote like Adriana do, and Adriana promote the least. Then nobody can complain about the lack of airtime or lack of getting better outfits. Atleast its consistent towards the goal.

9 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Thats not my point. My point is, if they gonna use Adriana as bait to get more people to watch the show, they could show her more and atleast give her one of the better outfits. THATS something that wouldn't hurt. Especially compared the instamodels or whoever is newer.

It does matter how many appearances she makes herself, its compared to other people. She makes the most appearances and press. Nobody has promoted the show more than her these past few years. Even when a magazine offers to give them a shoot since the show is coming up, Adriana is gonna be there. In Paris last year, people here were complaining about her hair when she was at the photo call by the effel tower, saying she looked too sporty (and tired) compared to the rest of the angels. Thats because Adriana was the only one  who had  to shoot a fitness video for promo that same early morning, previous to the photo call. She does alot when that show comes around. And its not usual. So clearly VS knows how beneficial and important she is, they shouldn't only act like it, when they need viewers. There are  models who ALSO gets paid millions, but they also get nice things outfits and/or more airtime,  but they not have to promote as much as Adriana has.

True, but also Adriana is making a ton more money than the other girls, that's why she does the heavy promo, because she is their current star, their best paid model. I'm willing to bet she's making at least three times as much as the new angels and probably twice as much as Ale, Candice and Lily. Last time we heard Adriana was at $5million per year and this was back in 2010 or 2012, I bet the number has just gone up ever since. So honestly, I doubt she's crying over getting shitty outfits and short videos, at the end of the day she's making way more money than everyone else :idk: 

She's my favorite model, the woman can't do wrong in my eyes but she's been here for nearly two decades, let the new girls have the cool shit, is not like Adriana didn't have her time to shine in the show, videos, photo calls, etc.

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

True, but also Adriana is making a ton more money than the other girls, that's why she does the heavy promo, because she is their current star, their best paid model. I'm willing to bet she's making at least three times as much as the new angels and probably twice as much as Ale, Candice and Lily. Last time we heard Adriana was at $5million per year and this was back in 2010 or 2012, I bet the number has just gone up ever since. So honestly, I doubt she's crying over getting shitty outfits and short videos, at the end of the day she's making way more money than everyone else :idk: 

She's my favorite model, the woman can't do wrong in my eyes but she's been here for nearly two decades, let the new girls have the cool shit, is not like Adriana didn't have her time to shine in the show, videos, photo calls, etc.

I just want consistency. Even if that took Adriana's pay check going down, I would understand. I know VS has to prepare for the departure but they should do it all around. The new girls can get shine by also promoting more. Atleast people will truly know what they will be in for when they watch the show.

It is consistent, they promote less because they get paid less, Adriana promotes more because they put more money on her :rofl:  listen, she still gets more screentime every year and gets the same amount of outfits as the new girls, is not like they are not giving her any love.

4 hours ago, Clauds said:

It is consistent, they promote less because they get paid less, Adriana promotes more because they put more money on her :rofl:  listen, she still gets more screentime every year and gets the same amount of outfits as the new girls, is not like they are not giving her any love.

LOL I just don't see it that way. I remember in 2015, there was only like a minute of footage of Adriana. And that included her walks lol. 1 minute out of an entire hour. And I am not lying because fashion tv has both of her Vsfs walks and they only amounted to 27 seconds. They don't show her much at all now. So thats how little they need to be using her for promo now, also lol.

But agree to disagree.

I think she is actually serious about not being recognized much. Its not the first time she said it. She said in another interview while there are sometimes when she goes to VS and she gets recognized, there are also other times where she goes to VS store and people don't realize its her. So, yeah I bet people on the street don't recognize her alot. When she was in Boston last year, at a starbucks, it was funny, a man walked up to her and told her she should be a model. she was with some of her people there, so they told him who she was. And he asked to take a pic with her. Even if people don't know she is a famous model, they think she should be one lol.

It's possible, @PastaFreak that she is. Though she still holds to wanting to be there when she's 40. Thus beating Heidi's record. I can see her doing that, then retiring out after that.  Especially if American Beauty Star takes off. I hope it does run for at least a couple of seasons. She's getting better with each broadcast. As she's getting more used to the cameras and format I guess. 
I love how she calls the contestants her beauties. 

2 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

It's possible, @PastaFreak that she is. Though she still holds to wanting to be there when she's 40. Thus beating Heidi's record. I can see her doing that, then retiring out after that.  Especially if American Beauty Star takes off. I hope it does run for at least a couple of seasons. She's getting better with each broadcast. As she's getting more used to the cameras and format I guess. 
I love how she calls the contestants her beauties. 

Lowkey hoping all the old angels leave after this year's show. To be honest, aside from Adriana & Alessandra, I want Candice to leave with the rest. Her beauty is starting to wane I feel, maybe it's an age factor but Candice doesn't glow as much as she used to. Kick off all the old angels, including PINK spokesmodel Zuri, let Elsa be Candice 2.0, get Grace E in, then assess the rest. 

So we can elect at least two new angels by the end of 2017. *falsely hoping Sui gets the angel contract even though 90% of the forum will tell me her VS ship has sailed, which I agree anyway* 

By the way, I'll ask this again because no one answered. Rusell James' 2014 book on VSFS, is it worth buying? I just want to see some Sui backstage pictures, but Rusell doesn't occur to me as someone who'd snap photos of her. Or anyone willing to sell the book at a second hand price??