Bellazon

@Sanni @breakneckspeed Disney is absolutely ruthless when it comes to copyright, however, the issue wasn't with Disney (as to why the segment got scrapped), it was because of the ABC show Once Upon A Time. They both have the same name and ABC didn't want their show being associated with VS. The segment was based off of various fairytales and/or princesses, not Disney inspired. Serkan mentioned that the looks they added for the segment was Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Legend of King Arthur (hence the knight sketch) etc etc. None which were Disney-inspired, just taking inspiration from original fairytales. I don't see why they couldn't have just changed the name of the segment to avoid a lawsuit though...then again VS is NEVER smart when it comes to these things. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, *Luna* said:

@PastaFreak Is Sophia not in control of that anymore?

Oh, Sophia still is. I should change was to is, HAHAHA. But yeah, if Jane could design costumes and Sophia was just in charge of accessories and jewelry, we might see certain costumes come to life. But AFAIK, Jane is just an artist. 

2 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

Oh, Sophia still is. I should change was to is, HAHAHA. But yeah, if Jane could design costumes and Sophia was just in charge of accessories and jewelry, we might see certain costumes come to life. But AFAIK, Jane is just an artist. 

Sophia has been with the brand long enough. She really needs to go and VS should hire new designers like their fans who actually have the talent and expertise to bring in fresh ideas. Also, I really wanna know who's in charge of music for segments...BRING BACK THE REMIXES! 

1 minute ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Sophia has been with the brand long enough. She really needs to go and VS should hire new designers like their fans who actually have the talent and expertise to bring in fresh ideas. Also, I really wanna know who's in charge of music for segments...BRING BACK THE REMIXES! 

Sophia just recently became in charge as the main designer though. I think she's only been around for 4 years (including this year). Before 2013, she was working with Todd as the secondary designer.

18 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

Sophia just recently became in charge as the main designer though. I think she's only been around for 4 years (including this year). Before 2013, she was working with Todd as the secondary designer.

Ugh that's bad news to me >.<  so I'm assuming she'll be with the brand for a very long time in the near future. VS seriously needs to change their whole team 

42 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

The remixes were so good. Even up until 2008, they were absolutely amazing. When did they stop doing that exactly?? Somewhere around 2011?

6 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

The remixes were so good. Even up until 2008, they were absolutely amazing. When did they stop doing that exactly?? Somewhere around 2011?

They stopped the really good remixes up until 2010. After that, it has been just regular songs (by performers or just audio) and mashes of multiple songs. The only recent one I actually enjoyed was the one for Gilded Angels.

Just now, AngelAshley94 said:

They've been reusing these same heels since the 2015 show (Portrait of an Angel segment. VS has literally become so lazy it's pathetic.

Yeah, but I didn't expected it to be these ones. Even the short heels from DA looks better than this. They had to pick cable-knit ones. 

I don't think that picture necessarily means the shoes will 100% be in the show (though if they are, I won't be surprised) but I think they could be using old styles as placeholders while they finalize designs to give them an idea of what an outfit might look like, especially since they're allowing Barbara to post them. :idk:  She also posted this the same day. 

Does anyone know if they're using other fit models this year? Cindy or Devon? I haven't seen anything from them, but it might be too early for them to be bringing multiple girls in. 

1.) I am sooo glad they never did a Disney theme. I do not like Disney stuff, I have never been a fan of their movies except Alice in Wonderland original and I don't want to mix kid/cute stuff with adult/sexy stuff.

2.) A GOT could be cool. I am not a fan at all and hate the TV show (books are ok), but the designs would look pretty neat.

3.) Shipwrecked was one of the worst segments ever, are they really going to resuse those ugly ass shoes? Why why why why why are they reusing shoes? There are so many talented designers out there, can they not pay for them or something?

4.) I'm already disappointed by this years VSFS.

5.) Barbara F is awful, I hope she's not in the show. She deserves it but I don't like looking at her at all. Devon and Cindy are cute though, hope to see them back.

6.) I LOVED the remixes too. Wish they'd bring those back. I hate all the performers. Then again , I do not like that type of music whatsoever but still...too many performers turns the show into a fucking circus act. I want it to be a little more simplified in terms of entertainment. Go ahead and make the costumes crazy, but I would limit the rest of the theatrics a bit.

9 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

So Cindy is the only one who hasn't been back?

Cindy hasn't been posting anything VS related and during the times of the fittings, she has been in vacation or at home in France. That's making me really worried :/ maybe her contract ended 

4 hours ago, sammyangel said:

Does anyone know anywhere online where you can watch the VSFS footage they play in VS Stores? Like the left over footage that isn't put in the CBS broadcast?

It's no where to be found online unfortunately :/ so usually I just go to the stores, pretend to buy something and record the show on my phone :D the one they show at the stores are so much better.