Bellazon

7 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Harry Styles and Fifth Harmony are now RUMORED to be the performers this year, take this info with a grain of salt tho since it's from weibo so most likely 40-50% true lol

I want Fifth Harmony to perform so bad, I love their new song Angel and they have an album coming out tonight. I used to hate their music before because the had this one girl that was always screaming and her voive was annoying to me, they sound mature now and I like it!

10 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

Well Harry Styles would be a good choice. I'd rather see Camila singing Havana than 'Fourth' Harmony :p 

I prefer Fifth Harmony haha they would really get the crowd going and their music is perfect for VS! I would be so happy if Harry performs "Sign of the Times", it's a slow song but I think it would work perfectly for "Angels through the Looking Glass" (if the segment is officially confirmed)

13 minutes ago, jpmas3003 said:

Behati confirmed by elite paris Instagram stories

Finally! :hang: I was trying to figure out wether or not she was gonna be walking for almost a month, so...it's safe to assume she'll be getting the FB this year or we still think it's going to Candice, Adri or Sue? :rofl:

I think it's going to a NA so either Elsa or Stella for sure.

23 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Harry Styles and Fifth Harmony are now RUMORED to be the performers this year, take this info with a grain of salt tho since it's from weibo so most likely 40-50% true lol

Harry actually makes sense. I havent listened to his album but from the reviews the songs arw good (i have no idea if they will fit in the show or not). Plus he got a lot of worldwide attention for his role in Dunkirk

23 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

I want Fifth Harmony to perform so bad, I love their new song Angel and they have an album coming out tonight. I used to hate their music before because the had this one girl that was always screaming and her voive was annoying to me, they sound mature now and I like it!

The girl with the screeching voice is Camila (i couldnt stand her either). She's actually putting solo music out now and she's getting a major push from her label. And she's also good friends with TSwift and her squad.

From my understanding, she left the group in a shady way so no way VS is getting 5H and Camila in the same place. Its either one or the other.

Just now, apocalypsian said:

The girl with the screeching voice is Camila (i couldnt stand her either). She's actually putting solo music out now and she's getting a major push from her label. And she's also good friends with TSwift and her squad.

From my understanding, she left the group in a shady way so no way VS is getting 5H and Camila in the same place. Its either one or the other.

As far as I know they kicked her out of the group without telling her first. 

9 minutes ago, Chessie said:

As far as I know they kicked her out of the group without telling her first. 

I'm pretty sure she left, because I read somewhere (I think it was billboard) that said that the other girls tried to go to therapy so the could work on their problems and the that left (Camila, right?) refused because she wanted to go solo and she was already working on her solo music before leaving the group. That's all I read but that was months ago so idk, I don't keep tabs on them actually.

After calming myself down from the stressful casting day yesterday, I have some observations. I made a pros and cons list, because, regardless of how unhappy I am, there is still so much to be grateful for and I should still be considerate of all of the handwork put into the show.

Pros:

1. DIVERSITY! 

There are going to be eight Chinese girls (including Estelle, who is French, but with Chinese heritage). As per usual, eight Brazilian bombshells! Nine girls from different African nations, with two from Angola! With Kelly, Cindy, Blanca, Jourdana, Lameka, Lais, Zuri, and Jasmine, as well girls from all over Europe and Australia/New Zealand, this cast is truly a melting pot of different cultures and ethnicities. We also have the long desired redhead (never really got into that weird obsession/fetish, but good some girls now can feel represented, even if it's just a hair color). I'm 100% this is the most diverse cast VS has had!

2. New Talent

Casting may not have been a joy for some of us, but some new talent definitely arose and will be showcased well in November. Frida, Gizele, Nadine, and Roos all finally made the cut, after years of hard work for the brand in catalogs and photoshoots. Most of the other girls are high fashion professionals, so I'm expecting some great walks. 

3. Many Returning Faces

Blanca is back! Leila is back! Irina is back! Shu Pei is back! Bruna was tragic her first walk, but hopefully she has gotten better.

4. VS Kept Some Vets

Liu, Maria, Sui, Barbara, Cindy, Devon, Kelly, Ming, Kate G, Leomie, Sanne, and Daniela are all still standing! I'm also excited to see breakout girls from last year like Georgia and Lameka return. 

5. PINK Now Has 2 Spokesmodels

Now that Rachel seems to be officially done with the brand, it makes it so much easier for Zuri and Grace to get the recognition they deserve. Hopefully Zuri will get the opening or closing of the PINK section, like she deserved last year. 

6. ANGELS

Adriana and the angel squad are still here! Behati and Candice will be returning! With a huge cast of new and lesser known models, it seems like the Angels should be getting more emphasis and their role in the show might be more esteemed in respect to their contracts. We still have all the FB, opening/closing, and massive wing announcements to come, which I'm sure the Angels will slay, come show day. 

CONS:

1. VS Omits Vets (aka VS leaves out my top choices)

I was gonna write a long paragraph about how VS is losing it's glamour and focusing too much on teenage imagery (which it is, but whatever), but I decided, after writing all my pros down that I'd rather focus on the positives. Yes I'll miss Izabel's hair flip (sad she won't be here for the first time in 12 years), Isabeli's smirk, Joan's sassy strut, Maryna's fierce poses, Bregje bombshell hips, Shanina's exotic appeal, Lily D's elegance, Hilary's raven-haired beauty, Jacquelyn's rocking body, and Sharam's megawatt smile, but I'll get over it. There's always next year. I'm scared some of them won't return ever, but they had excellent years with VS and there's still a possibility of future shows. At least many of the girls will have bigger and better things to come. Look at Robin and Chase! They're already SI rookies and it hasn't even been a week since VS told them no! Obviously I'd pick these girls over Jourdana, Dilone, and Megan any day, but the decisions have been made and it's best to stay positive. 

It's best to hold judgement of the current girls until after the show, because they could impress and make us regret saying they didn't deserve it. If the show sucks and the girls really don't do well, then we can be mad.