Bellazon

I think all of the girls look really good! So glad Beachwaver contract is over and I hear LOréal is doing makeup and hair this year because of Olivier? if so..very smart decision by VS. 

so with 55 girls confirmed (still sad about Mayowa :sad: because that girl can walk! Defintely was one of the models I was looking forward to this year). We're left with 8-9 extra outfits, 2 of which will be in PINK (Julia + Mayowa) so I think they'll give regular girls or newbies who only had 1 look this year an extra look instead of Angels :/ 

1 minute ago, Prettyphile said:

The Runway...

Looks like segments of the runway can rise and fall maybe?

WOAH! Did not even see that! @Prettyphile this looks crazy complex but so cool! :clap:ugh I hope it's well executed! Since things have been a hot mess so far...I guess we'll see it in motion on Sunday during rehearsals.

25 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

In many countries, especially the US, mixed race people are usually considered black because of the infamous "one drop rule" that dated back to colonialism and slavery. Lais may not look "stereotypically" black but she and the other models mentioned have all considered themselves black and have been outspoken of their struggles and experiences in the industry as black models :smile: hope that helps!

They are mixed and shouldn't be considered black at all. Struggling or not they are not black but mixed. It's like excluding their white/asian/latino side. 

Back on topic. I hope they finally do Adriana's  hair and makeup right this year. Candice needs to go back to being a golden blonde not platinum.

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

This could be it, Lais mentioned in her FB press event that she had no idea if she was opening her segment, then Adriana said the girls hadn't seen each other's outfits. Me thinks that they told everyone who is opening/closing today and Jo didn't get shit, which is fine tbh, she scored double last year

And all that from a pic :smile:

Maybe it's diarrhea, her thong was in the wrong place, the breakfast was bad

1 minute ago, Liora Loyola said:

They are mixed and shouldn't be considered black at all. Struggling or not they are not black but mixed. It's like excluding their white/asian/latino side. 

You don't get to decide what they chose to identify themselves as. My stepmother is from Suriname and she's mixed with everything imaginable: African, Dutch, Chinese and Indian. Yet because of the racism she experienced and people always assumed she was black at first glance, she identifies as such. Anyway, this forum is not for race topics or how people chose to identify. Please let's get back on track :smile: 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

You don't get to decide what they chose to identify themselves as. My stepmother is from Suriname and she's mixed with everything imaginable: African, Dutch, Chinese and Indian. Yet because of the racism she experienced and people always assumed she was black at first glance, she identifies as such. Anyway, this forum is not for race topics or how people chose to identify. Please let's get back on track :smile: 

People can identify with anything they want but at the end of the day if that person is mixed race they are mixed race. 

Yeah, let's get back on topic.

Sorry this is probably incredibly annoying because I can imagine that it's one of the most frequently asked questions here. But does anyone know what time the show will start? Or even better, when the doors for backstage will open? Need to know when I should wake up/be awake ahaha

I know we’re pages away from hair talk, but I just caught up so here goes:

Sui He: I think the lighter hair looks good on her. It’s a nice change. That girl can do no wrong in my eyes so maybe thats why i dont understand the criticism. 

Candice: She always looks incredible. Yes, i’ll admit i have seen her with better hair style/colour but this is not too bad.

Karlie: And i thought i couldn’t dislike her more...but with that hair colour :hang:

I think for performers it'll be Harry Styles (it was confirmed that his team was currently in Shanghai no?), Miguel and POSSIBLY Taylor Swift. 

Honestly, Miguel could be the only artist and only perform in 2 segments, remixes in the rest and for PINK an Asian group or performer and I'll be content with everything in my life. I don't mind Harry tho and Taylor can just go away. I hope she misses her flight if she's performing. Male performers are always the best at the VSFS because they never try to be the models :whistle: