Bellazon

8 minutes ago, shver said:

Ummm Karlie is more accomplished than Izabel, Isabeli, Toni, Bianca etc. HF and Commercial wise.

Nepotism? She started modelling at 15, and has been a muse to many in the industry 

Karlie may be more of a bonafide supermodel than Izabel, Toni, and Bianca, barely more than Isabeli, but her getting special treatment over Iza dumbfounds me. Karlie may be young and hip and have a more successful high fashion career, but Iza has contributed more to the brand than Karlie did. Karlie only walked for a solid four years, Iza was vying for number 13! Both were Angels. Don't claim Karlie deserves it more. The treatment was unfair if the method of thinking behind Karlie's casting was her contributions to VS.

I do not like Karlie for anything but as they said above, they are likely to bring her back as much as possible. His physique does not please me but he has energy when walking and is something that right now is not seen in several VS angels. In addition, the firm needs some media attention this year; The profits have gone down and with the return of Candice and also adding Karlie, will be perfect.

20 minutes ago, jay_hk said:

WOOOT Karlie in the show is literally the best plot twist I could think of - she has the best walk in the industry and she is rocking the platinum blonde.

Guys I think you need to calm down regarding nepotism - I don't know in which industry you work but regardless of the industry you NEED to network and to develop contacts and to do some lobbying, you can be great at your job but you're not getting anywhere if you don't have a solid network where you can keep developing your career and finding new opportunities. And you seem to forget that models have to do that more than probably other people. That's not nepotism, it's being a good professional and being smart (Karlie for instance!) 

I've said this before in the past, I hope to god not a single person on BZ has friends or family that are in a position to hire them, because if they're hired that's nepotism. God forbid they get a raise or promotion of some type from said friend or family member.... nepotism.

Stop shitting on a person/model because they took advantage of their position in life and the ppl they knew.

I don't like Karlie :sad: I could tolerate her when she had her brown and short hair, it was different and fun. Now she just have another blonde medium-large hair and bleh, too many blondes among the angels, now her.

But yes, I'll even be glad to see her if she doesn't bring TS with her.

32 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

Karlie may be more of a bonafide supermodel than Izabel, Toni, and Bianca, barely more than Isabeli, but her getting special treatment over Iza dumbfounds me. Karlie may be young and hip and have a more successful high fashion career, but Iza has contributed more to the brand than Karlie did. Karlie only walked for a solid four years, Iza was vying for number 13! Both were Angels. Don't claim Karlie deserves it more. The treatment was unfair if the method of thinking behind Karlie's casting was her contributions to VS.

Izabel was an Angel for 2006 and 2007. With 2005 being her intro year. As an Angel she barely did anything. And then she dropped her contract and since then has just remained a regular on the runway. Karlie while similar length of time as an Angel is much more remembered for her time in VS then Izabel. Popularity and work is a huge deal. So what if she got in over someone like Izabel. Karlie is an it girl just like Jenner and the Hadids. It's the nature of the business. These established girls don't have to do castings for the big runway shows either they get picked by the designers while lesser known girls have to go castings. It's the same thing and it's the fashion industry.

27 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

I've said this before in the past, I hope to god not a single person on BZ has friends or family that are in a position to hire them, because if they're hired that's nepotism. God forbid they get a raise or promotion of some type from said friend or family member.... nepotism.

Stop shitting on a person/model because they took advantage of their position in life and the ppl they knew.

I got my current job over all the other candidates cause my cousin hired me lmfao. We all do it. Mind you I'm also more qualified but having my cousin hire me helped :wink:

I like Karlie, but I never cared for her as an Angel so her being back is pretty lackluster imo. I just hope they don't make a big deal about her return. Although if Karlie want to take over for #BodyByIza and give us the waterworks and dramatics every year I wouldn't complain.

YES! Super happy about Karlie! I don't care what anyone says, I've loved her since she started getting big.

And I've said more than once here that we need to wait to see if Behati goes to fittings or not before she's "confirmed". 

28 minutes ago, Limerlight said:

Can we change the thread title to the Karlie thread please and thanks?

Cause apparently she is the only model walking

she's dubbed the supermodel of this generation for a reason 

can't blame them :whistle:

still think it was a little bit unfair tho...but anyways...guess we got Karlie again rest assured we're gonna see nothing but the best from that walk cause personally it's one of my favorites 

3 minutes ago, DonSimon said:

still think it was a little bit unfair tho...but anyways...guess we got Karlie again rest assured we're gonna see nothing but the best from that walk cause personally it's one of my favorites 

Not really unfair, VS always has a surprise move or two every year. Plus how would some of the other's feel knowing X model (in this case Karlie) is at castings? If you're a rookie or even a on the bubble vet and you know X is coming in going to rock it you're going to lose a bit of confidence, or gain a whole ton and know you're gonna rock that stage with X. It's actually a smart move by VS to not invite her and have her after, since she is thus supposed grand "Supermodel" :blink: It also allowed during the initial castings to get more attention spread out

On a lighter note: 

hktfQLs.gif

51 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I like Karlie, but I never cared for her as an Angel so her being back is pretty lackluster imo. I just hope they don't make a big deal about her return. Although if Karlie want to take over for #BodyByIza and give us the waterworks and dramatics every year I wouldn't complain.

+1

I hope this doesn't mean more vets coming back, I was more than happy with the lineup they had

1 minute ago, PastaFreak said:

So... there's actually a theory from Weibo that I'm gonna share.  There MIGHT be... 9 SEGMENTS this year. OR at least 3 segments that has more outfits than usual. I'll post a picture later when I'm on my computer. 

With the amount of girls confirmed, this could be a high possibility. Someone also noticed to looks board that was blurred behind Monica looked like the segment had a second row?