Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

On the Muslim ban, I personally find it morally abhorrent but that is beside the point.

I don't see how it makes sense within its own logic. He invokes 9/11 several times in the executive order, yet none of the countries that the hijackers were from are included in the ban. The list doesn't even correlate to the list of countries with the largest number of foreign ISIS combatants.

It certainly couldn't have been done in response to nationals from those seven countries committing acts of terrorism on American soil, because they haven’t. Although many of the countries listed have either been bombed, invaded or overthrown by the USA.

The order seems to be based on two basic principles. That Muslims are guilty until proven innocent, which is blatant discrimination and xenophobia dressed up as policy, and that terrorism correlates only with foreign-born people, which is very obviously wide of the mark.

21 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

There are a good many majority-muslim countries apart from that seven, so it's obvious that it has nothing to do with the religion of the inhabitants of a given country. It's about jihadi terror.

Of course I would cross out Iran and add Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Of course Trump didn’t include Saudi Arabia, he has businesses there :rofl:

11 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

There are a good many majority-muslim countries apart from that seven, so it's obvious that it has nothing to do with the religion of the inhabitants of a given country. It's about jihadi terror.

Surely that would call the omissions of Turkey and Egypt into question then, because both countries have experienced high-profile terror attacks in the last year.

7 hours ago, Michael* said:

Surely that would call the omissions of Turkey and Egypt into question then, because both countries have experienced high-profile terror attacks in the last year.

And the inclusion of Iran.

This shows that there are other political factors that need to take into account.

Egypt is the most important Arab country, it has the largest population among them, with a powerful army. No wonder this happened:

El-Sisi met Trump in September during the UN General Assembly. He was the first Arab president to meet the Republican nominee.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/248648/Egypt/Politics-/Egypts-Sisi-congratulates-US-President-elect-Donal.aspx

Turkey is another key country, important NATO ally influencing it's region's stability, with a powerful army. Recently it's allied with Russia - surely they don't want to estrange them even more.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:58 AM, Cult Icon said:

What does women's rights have to do with Trump anyway?  It will be interesting to see how the Democrats try to bring Trump down..  Hate is the most powerful emotion and drives people to obsession, and then act ...more than anything else.

Easy, 

Pussy Grabbing conversation recording that came out during the race. 
The issue that scares the shit out of me the most is that Roe V Wade may be overturned. That women's rights, may become a thing of the past, is related to Trump because he's the president that would sign the law repealing Roe V Wade. 

I know this was a week old post. I'm just now getting back to the interwebs.

About the travel ban? 

Yeah, husband lost his job today because of it. 

The parts they need for the equipment they build, and the people they send out to train with said equipment had to quickly restructure. Last on, First off to the employment line. 

Yeah, I'm not really impressed with our new commander in chief. 

5 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

About the travel ban? 

Yeah, husband lost his job today because of it. 

The parts they need for the equipment they build, and the people they send out to train with said equipment had to quickly restructure. Last on, First off to the employment line. 

Yeah, I'm not really impressed with our new commander in chief. 

So this is what bringing jobs back to America looks like, eh?

Sorry to hear about your husband's job. :sad: