Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

The location for the show looks really beautiful. The glass ceiling. The golden stairs. They got something nice venue to begin with. 

The outfit designs look interesting but they really seem to be out of ideas for completely new themes as most of them have been used before. "The road ahead" looks really inspired by fashion of the far east... in 2006, they had the idea for an "Asian" theme before but it got scrapped... wonder if they're using the sketches from back then.

I wasn't checking out all the girls from the casting list but Noel Berry stood out to me. I hope Solveig gets cast. I got my eyes on that girl for a while. Gizele Oliveira would also be perfect for VS.   

So much to catch up on, thanks everyone!

All in all the segments sound like rehashings of ones they've done recently, save Bright Night Angel and Mountain Traveler (which has the potential to end up pretty costume-y), but the colors in this segment look gorgeous. Dark Angel looks like an Angel Ball redux but I'm curious to see how it's going to differ. Secret Angel sounds like it'll be a Dangerous Liaisons (straight from Sophia's mouth)/Silver Screen Angel mashup. The Road Ahead is giving me Exotic Traveler vibes. :ninja: Bright Night Angels also looks pretty promising, I'm sure all the jewels on the outfits will look good under the lights. 

6 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

So much to catch up on, thanks everyone!

All in all the segments sound like rehashings of ones they've done recently, save Bright Night Angel and Mountain Traveler (which has the potential to end up pretty costume-y), but the colors in this segment look gorgeous. Dark Angel looks like an Angel Ball redux but I'm curious to see how it's going to differ. Secret Angel sounds like it'll be a Dangerous Liaisons (straight from Sophia's mouth)/Silver Screen Angel mashup. The Road Ahead is giving me Exotic Traveler vibes. :ninja: Bright Night Angels also looks pretty promising, I'm sure all the jewels on the outfits will look good under the lights. 

As Hamilton said in the making of vid, they know it seems rlly equal to the latest years, but it can be completely renovated

4 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

As Hamilton said in the making of vid, they know it seems rlly equal to the latest years, but it can be completely renovated

I'm hoping so. Because the last 4 years just kind of blend together. The show in London was probably the best because like PC has said they didn't have as much time to edit so it felt much more relaxed and not jolty. Also I found the outfits and themes were fairly good and new. Last year was probably the worst show since 09. Something was just off about it. The themes, models, look etc. I'm hoping they don't follow that again especially the Angels 2 looks thing. Not all the Angels need 3 looks but at least Adriana, Alessandra, Lily, Elsa, Jasmine and Lais should.

17 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

He can say that all he wants but based on the drawings I've seen thus far and the descriptions given by Sophia, they seem like rehashes. Sophia described two entirely different segments in the same way, I think she even used the same keywords when doing so. That could change of course, but based on the info we have now that's my impression of things.

1 minute ago, Kevork89 said:

I'm hoping so. Because the last 4 years just kind of blend together. The show in London was probably the best because like PC has said they didn't have as much time to edit so it felt much more relaxed and not jolty. Also I found the outfits and themes were fairly good and new. Last year was probably the worst show since 09. Something was just off about it. The themes, models, look etc. I'm hoping they don't follow that again especially the Angels 2 looks thing. Not all the Angels need 3 looks but at least Adriana, Alessandra, Lily, Elsa, Jasmine and Lais should.

I'm probably the only one, who liked the 2015 show more than 2014 or 2013. I agree with you that they should have 3 outfits for the angels.

Have we given up on Vita? She was all over VS at the beginning of the year but doesn't seem to have done anything for them in ages, but then she's had a few IG pics in the last few weeks where she was working out in VS gear so I don't know what to think... 

Also got fingers crossed for Dani LO! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.