Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

7 minutes ago, victorscloset said:

I just watched the show, kinda groggy opinion due to allergy meds, but here are my opinions so far before rewatching it later this week:

Pissed that the angels weren't the primary focus of the intro video.
Ming Xi (?) cheering Kendall looks forced. (How much did Kendall's mom pay her, I wonder.)
Adriana being confused before walking was super cute.
SO HAPPY THAT THEY USED THE FOOTAGE FROM WHEN LEOMIE SEEMINGLY GRACEFULLY SWATTED LADY GAGA.
No slow-mo this year?
Adriana should've walked where the Weeknd entered.
ELSA WAS SUPER GORGEOUS when she was looking at Abel during SA.
Got to see old footage of Candice and Behati <3
Was Yolanda Foster the only audience member shown?
Lily didn't look happy.
Taylor Swift was still in the show somehow (the segment when they were talking about how famous these women are)
I have mixed opinions on the editing: it's as if the models were given more time to walk the runway, but it looked messy because after focusing on one girl, they'd shift to the next one. 

I thought the exact same thing. She was dead on the runway, especially during her last walk, closing the show :sad:

13 minutes ago, victorscloset said:

I just watched the show, kinda groggy opinion due to allergy meds, but here are my opinions so far before rewatching it later this week:

Pissed that the angels weren't the primary focus of the intro video.
Ming Xi (?) cheering Kendall looks forced. (How much did Kendall's mom pay her, I wonder.)
Adriana being confused before walking was super cute.
SO HAPPY THAT THEY USED THE FOOTAGE FROM WHEN LEOMIE SEEMINGLY GRACEFULLY SWATTED LADY GAGA.
No slow-mo this year?
Adriana should've walked where the Weeknd entered.
ELSA WAS SUPER GORGEOUS when she was looking at Abel during SA.
Got to see old footage of Candice and Behati <3
Was Yolanda Foster the only audience member shown?
Lily didn't look happy.
Taylor Swift was still in the show somehow (the segment when they were talking about how famous these women are)
I have mixed opinions on the editing: it's as if the models were given more time to walk the runway, but it looked messy because after focusing on one girl, they'd shift to the next one. 

Was Sofia shown?

100% agree with everything

I have't been on the forum for a year, and the show will be broadcasted in end of december in the Netherlands. i have seen the clips on youtube. 

it looks a bit boring to me like the previous shows. The shows don't stand out to me. Same kind of music and rhythm. There is not that special tension anymore. 

My best shows were 2005, 2008 and 2010. i don't want to stick in the past, but VS should make some better shows. 

Does anyone agree the producers tend to go for the models who are more of celebrity and have a lot of likes and followers on social media. There are tons of good succesfull models who I would like to see in the show, but they won't be asked bc they are not popular enough. 

I think VS should have new producers and new directors. 

My thoughts on Bright Night Angel:

1.) Bruno is so cute, his whole band just seems to fun and positive and sweet! They're great performers.  Hate their music, though.

2.) Stella, damn girl. When did you turn into a person, like with emotions and smiles? Good opening, ugly outfit, too skinny.

3.) OK, I'm really enjoying this...where has my inner metal head gone because I like how this sounds now...wtf. lol

4.) JASMINE YAY GOOD JOB. I'll never be a fan of hers, but she's pretty!!!!

5.) For real, I'm having more fun watching Bruno and his buddies dance than watching the models...omg weird

6.) Bella's outfit is gorgeous, she's gorgeous, but too frumpy and sad looking. NEXT

7.) Maria and Lily D shoulda changed outfits, Maria deserved that pretty pink one not that haggard ass has-been.

8.) Irina looked like a bombshell, these are the kinds of girls I wanna see in the show.

9.) Rommee is so smiley without overdoing it, that's what I want to see. No points, kisses and no scowls like Bella. Nicely done here.

10) Whoa, hello Kelly Gale! I was busy looking at Jo's outfit, then saw Kelly and forgot about Josephine, who I quite like. well....

11.) Was that Lenny Kravitz?

12.) Lily A is one of my fave fave fave angels, but she doesn't have the energy to close a show, I was disappointed. But she is soooo beautiful

Overall, I'm never gonna listen to Bruno Mars on my own, but I really enjoyed their performance, more so than a lot of the models! Kelly Gale and Jasmine saved the day, can we get rid of Lily D forever? Bella is so so so hot, but please get your emotions in check and your head in the game because I like fierce, I do...but not when you about to cry. I felt bad for her because I really thought she was upset!!! Idk...

2 hours ago, freya said:

I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that all the girls are bffs + some of their interactions seem so awkward

I always feel that way about jasmine, I think her friendship with some of the girls are real but after I read some tea about her talking sh*t about literally everyone I'm not sure if I trust her, that's why I can't get into her but she's a gorgeous girl. I just get bad vibes from her

2 minutes ago, Redwinemom said:

I always feel that way about jasmine, I think her friendship with some of the girls are real but after I read some tea about her talking sh*t about literally everyone I'm not sure if I trust her, that's why I can't get into her but she's a gorgeous girl. I just get bad vibes from her

What and where do you read this?? I thought Jasmine was the sweetest one :dontgetit:

2 minutes ago, misshaluv said:

i don't get why VS cast camille rowe when they know all the media will go after the hadids and jenner. I kinda feel bad for her because she doesn't stand out or has any sex appeal to be on VS show.

LOL what a lie! have why seen her vs pics or her shoot from Playboy or LUI?

not her fault she got that outfit when is not sexy and from PINK

I re-watch the show with quality this time and here my toughs(Sorry for the long post):

Sad sad that they didn't do the opening credits for the Angels, only for the performers. :blah:

TRA:

-Elsa opening was good, but not memorable, and Bill was fabulous!! 

-Taylor needs to improve her walk, and jesus whats going on with all the crazy arms

giphy.gif

-Maria B. crazy amazing legs, i love her

-A bunch of forgettable models, with disastrous outfits...

-Did Martha trip or something??

-Barbara gorgeous, one of the few outfits that i like.

-Ale is always beautiful, good closing!!

1 minute ago, peroxideblonde said:

LOL what a lie! have why seen her vs pics or her shoot from Playboy or LUI?

not her fault she got that outfit when is not sexy and from PINK

a lie? i just don't find her appealing enough to be on victoria's secret. She suits playboy and that's that.. Kate Upton has major sex appeal but that doesn't mean she suits VS. 

Just now, misshaluv said:

a lie? i just don't find her appealing enough to be on victoria's secret. She suits playboy and that's that.. Kate Upton has major sex appeal but that doesn't mean she suits VS. 

being appealing and having sex appeal are 2 different things and in the show there are models with 0 sex appeal

55 minutes ago, Corner said:

:rofl: Which interview?

Gisele was/is the biggest model in the planet but Adriana or any other model wasn't overshadowed by her during that era. Models back then had distinctive looks, instantly recognizable, individualized. Adriana was barely even doing interviews because her English was bad but she's was a standout beauty and more importantly... had charisma. And she successfully relied on that.

Alessandra on the other hand has always been loved/famous/beautiful/successful and I legit can't think of a VS show where she didn't look drop dead gorgeous. But idk people are different ... I honestly can't understand why she's isn't on the same as Adriana... I happens, people just have different effects on others and it's inexplicable. 

I don't know why the notion that Gisele was the biggest model ever still exist. It's always backed up by Forbes financial numbers that she constantly says are false. She's iconic and definitely top 10 of all time but nowhere near the best. If we were ranking on skill she wouldn't be in the top 20. There have been many interviews where Adri has been asked about Gisele and here's a recent one in 2015 on Bloomberg. I just don't like that Adriana is being used to put Ale down. They aren't the same people and Adriana has been an angel far longer. VS loves them both and they both outdid all the other girls because they have 16 years of show experience. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.