Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

It's definitely better then last year outfits wise and looks wise of the show. Editing could be a lot better but I guess it could also be a lot worse. I'm kind of 50/50 about it right now. I don't hate it on the level of 09. But it's not like that amazing either.

This in no way is meant to be sexist or pitting women against women but I always found the lingerie show worked better with male performers. I just find that the female performers always have to go that extra bit to stand out above the models and it shows. Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Selena and Nicki Minaj have all done that. Ellie Goulding and Fifth Harmony at least stayed back and let the girls do their thing. Whereas the guys just enjoy working with the girls. The only guy who tried to take the spotlight was Justin Beiber lol.

Neong Jungle not Fifth Harmony :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

It's definitely better then last year outfits wise and looks wise of the show. Editing could be a lot better but I guess it could also be a lot worse. I'm kind of 50/50 about it right now. I don't hate it on the level of 09. But it's not like that amazing either.

This in no way is meant to be sexist or pitting women against women but I always found the lingerie show worked better with male performers. I just find that the female performers always have to go that extra bit to stand out above the models and it shows. Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Selena and Nicki Minaj have all done that. Ellie Goulding and Fifth Harmony at least stayed back and let the girls do their thing. Whereas the guys just enjoy working with the girls. The only guy who tried to take the spotlight was Justin Beiber lol.

Fifth Harmony? Wans´t Neon Jungle?

16 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

This in no way is meant to be sexist or pitting women against women but I always found the lingerie show worked better with male performers. I just find that the female performers always have to go that extra bit to stand out above the models and it shows. Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Selena and Nicki Minaj have all done that. Ellie Goulding and Fifth Harmony at least stayed back and let the girls do their thing. Whereas the guys just enjoy working with the girls. The only guy who tried to take the spotlight was Justin Beiber lol.

I agree. The girls look much more when there are men singing and it is that much more pleasant for all. At least I see them a little more relaxed from what I've seen these years. Last year I hated Selena trying to steal all the looks before, during and after the show. Men instead contain and let them walk in peace.

IG Followers Increases 

Adriana - 8,979,490 > 9,035,308 (+55,818)
Alessandra - 7,477,092 > 7,501,544 (+24,452)
Elsa - 2,975,451 > 3,000,527 (+25,076)
Jasmine - 1,520,952 > 1,536,070 (+15,118)
Josephine - 2,839,555 > 2,886,653 (+47,098)
Lais - 938,330 > 945,469 (+7,139)
Lily - 4,612,552 > 4,622,834 (+10,282)
Martha - 2,234,618 > 2,244,919 (+10,301)
Sara - 4,378,002 > 4,400,779 (+22,777)
Stella - 2,233,611 > 2,243,573 (+9,962)
Romee - 2,380,436 > 2,396,091 (+15,655)
Taylor - 5,815,854 > 5,856,845 (+40,991)

Grace - 82,741 > 86,635 (+3,895)
Rachel - 431,792 > 433,109 (+1,317)
Zuri - 36,817 > 37,740 (+923

Highest to lowest is: Adriana, Josephine, Taylor, Elsa, Alessandra, Sara, Romee, Jasmine, Martha, Lily, Stella, Lais, Grace, Rachel, Zuri. 

The numbers are pretty much where I assumed they would be given the screen time each girl got and how popular they were already. Grace didn't grow as much as I expected, but damn. Compared to the other two Pink girls? :ninja: Knocked them out of the water. 

Guest dylonce

I have two accounts on here and I mostly read the vs forums. Posted a couple of times in the past years but that is all. Just gonna post my thoughts as a guest for now. So Hi!

First of all I thought last year's show was better than this year's. You can totally disagree with me on this one lol. I thought the segments were better and the outfits as well. This year felt like many things were missing. It seemed lackluster. Ratings will definitely be lower than last year and I can really see it.

TRA was actually my favorite segment :Angel:

The outfits looked better in motion. I loved Elsa's opening. She was no Gisele or Adriana but she was not a Candice or Behati either. I felt power through her walk. She slayed my life with Bill wrapped around her LOL. 

Lady Gaga's performance in Mountain Romance was amazing. I personally thought the song fit with the segment. Jo's opening was not as bad as many of you made it seem to be lol. The part where gaga started posing was awk af. The outfits were ok. I loved Kelly Gale's outfit.

The editing in Pink was the most choppy.  A lot of back and forth between the girls and Bruno. Couldn't really see that much of the outfits. I wanted to see more of Grace too. I don't think this was the best Pink segment but definitely not the worst (TRAGIC PINK SEGMENT IN 2013:hang:)

Ok Gaga's performance was great in DA but she outshined the models........I don't think she should perform at the show again LOL save it for the next awards show. I didn't really like this section as much. This was my least favorite....im sorry lol. Some of the outfits in this were random af. Kate and Kendall's outfit wtf.

BNA was ok as well. FIRST OF ALL NO FANTASY BRA SEGMENT?!?! TF. Also the thing that bothered me the most was Lily A's lingerie being the exact same as the model who had it in SA(sorry I forgot her name). Now VS does a lot of the same lingerie in other outfits but this one bothered me more than ever lmao. Stella's opening was not too bad but her walk.....

I feel like they didn't really use a lot of swarovski crystals this year besides BNA. I don't remember seeing that much crystals.

I WAS WAITING FOR A LEGIT HOLIDAY COMMERCIAL WE HAVEN'T SEEN BUT BITCH WHERE IS IT????????

The narration in Stella's perfume commercial was just.......the bombshell one from last year was less cringy. Didn't like the fact that the holiday commercials were edited and shorter.

I am still gonna watch the show many more times but that is my opinion so far. Sorry for my terrible review! lol

The highlights of the show for me were definitely Adriana's opening and Alessandra's closing. Adriana's opening was truly iconic and they really could have just let her open the show for a 6th time. Alessandra's closing of TRA was also iconic. Someone said that they didn't do anything special for her... she was half of TRA. They focused on her more than all the other girls in the section. She was glowing as she finished. They really edited it so it looked like the camera wanted Barbara to move because Ale was coming. I've always had the belief that closing the first segment is more impactful (to me) than opening or closing most other segments.

Models that I was living for were Leomie, why have they not worked more with her. Sara because I've never been a fan of hers but she really impressed me. Cindy as always and Liu who came back to show us mere mortals that she's everything.

I didn't notice Kendall, Bella, Gigi, Lais, Irina or Stella until they were at the end of the runway. Irina looked like this was a job she booked 6 months ago and had to roll out of bed to do it.

A huge low for me was Lily closing the show. I'm actually rewatching it to see what other section she was in because I didn't notice her at all until she closed the show. Jasmine did amazing and really should have closed. If they wanted to do something for Lily they could have let her open the segment because she's not that bad when she's the first thing you see but as a closer it was anti-climatic. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.