Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

1 minute ago, DeadlyRebel said:

VSFS is dropping in ratings, because it's nothing new. No matter how the models change, how the outfits change or the music. It's like a show that has been a hit years ago is now becoming one of those series where after season 20 people just want it to be over.

Another thing is the show and especially the angels just need so much more promotion. Make the angels real celebrities by booking them on talk shows frequently (and not to only promote VS, they should promote themselves), get them cameos on relevant TV shows and make them more relevant in the fashion industry (e.g. more covers).

hands down agree

1 minute ago, bellazonelurker said:

One of the bigger problems is that girls who used to be in the show were all supermodels and big thing in high fashion. Now supermodels don't exist, and high fashion models are not nearly as attractive like they were in Gisele time. Now hf models are either insta girls or too thin/bad bodies, strange looking, ugly-pretty is the new aesthetic, as they love to call it, and they have zero sex appeal.

So it is hard for VS to find bombshells or just beautiful girls with decent enough bodies.

There are definitely top-ish models out there who have the bombshell look for VS but they don't have HF or insta relevance. Therefore, their agencies don't push them far enough! There are so many girls who are doing campaigns for the European lingerie brand who could be the next Heidi etc but their agencies don't push them. 

VS made Heidi, Adriana etc. They need to find those unknown bombshell girls and turn them into stars. Plus, everyone loves an underdog story. The general public would love to root on a girl who is too curvy for HF but not commercial enough for SI and finally VS saves them. 

Female pop icons don't really wear VS these days because the marketing is too kid like/Forever 21 (and why not get that stuff at Forever 21 if their markup is lower anyway). Beyonce is always seen wearing La Perla, Agent Provocateur...nice stuff. VS has lost that allure for women which is why sales are down but other companies are getting better.

17 minutes ago, TKC said:

I said some of the new angels too. People want who they want. Because alot of people outside of here don't think they are as good as past VS models and it ruins it for them. You all don't like to hear that but thats how alot of people feel.

We don't like to hear it? Most people in this thread, myself included, have been complaining about various aspects of the show for weeks now and just about everyone wants some of the new angels to be dropped. Just not the ones they happen to like, of course. :smile:

The obvious changes that need to be made is less focus on the musical performances, fewer models, fewer outfits that have so many clashing colours that you would think were designed by somebody who is colour blind, bringing Barbara Palvin back, Okay, that last one is just a personal preference.

I am not sure promoting the hell out of the Angels is really going to make them household names if they lack the elusive "it" factor that models like Adriana have. Maybe there are no "new" supermodels in our day. For instance, most people probably know Karlie Kloss as Taylor Swift's BFF, not as a supermodel. Is Candice a household name? On this forum sure but in the minds of the average person, not really.

21 minutes ago, modellight said:

There are definitely top-ish models out there who have the bombshell look for VS but they don't have HF or insta relevance. Therefore, their agencies don't push them far enough! There are so many girls who are doing campaigns for the European lingerie brand who could be the next Heidi etc but their agencies don't push them. 

VS made Heidi, Adriana etc. They need to find those unknown bombshell girls and turn them into stars. Plus, everyone loves an underdog story. The general public would love to root on a girl who is too curvy for HF but not commercial enough for SI and finally VS saves them. 

Female pop icons don't really wear VS these days because the marketing is too kid like/Forever 21 (and why not get that stuff at Forever 21 if their markup is lower anyway). Beyonce is always seen wearing La Perla, Agent Provocateur...nice stuff. VS has lost that allure for women which is why sales are down but other companies are getting better.

Well VS either used girls who are already supermodels/top models/stars or took a girl and made it into one. The last person they succeed in doing that was Candice, and after that nothing, years have passed and nothing is happening in that regard. So I really think VS doesn't have that power anymore to turn girl into star/supermodel.

Honestly only thing I ever read, even on Daily Mail comments which are usually vile, are people praising Candice and her body. Every model has a few negative comments, even Adriana, who is often stated as overrated, but they still both have much more fans then haters. And looking through forums mostly guys visit the only angels they ever talk about are Candice and Adriana, how hot they are etc, so I would say that people outside of fashion world love them even more. Fashion world is all about skinny hf models who look strange and they don't exactly fit that bill. Candice body genuine looks even better in bikini pap photos, so I don't see how that can make a negative reaction(what are you even talking about), on that kind of articles she gets even better comments I would say, because people hate photoshoped photos. Same with Adriana she sometimes gets nasty comments when she has makeup on, but when she doesn't have makeup on there are more positive. Candice ass is legendary, lots of people go crazy for it, so I don't really understand your point in saying she doesn't have one. I would say Adri has tits and no ass, and Candy has ass and her infamous long legs and best waist to hips ratio she is known for.

I can say honestly that I have never heard any of that you are posting and I am pretty active on net, so I think that you just don't know what are you talking about, and I really doubt that you are fan of Candice. Just a concern troll spreading nonsense.

And response that you wrote to me doesn't even have to do anything with what I have said. I just said that Candice is last model which VS succeeded to turn into star/supermodel/their main face, and that is a fact.

7 minutes ago, bellazonelurker said:

Honestly only thing I ever read, even on Daily Mail comments which are usually vile are people praising Candice and her body. Every model has a few negative comments, even Adriana, who is often stated as overrated, but they still both have more fans then haters. And looking through forums mostly guys visit the only angels they ever talk about are Candice and Adriana, how hot they are etc, so I would say that people outside of fashion world love them even more. Fashion world is all about skinny hf models who look strange and they don't exactly fit that bill. 

Lucky you. I've seen and heard a lot of negative comments about Candice over the internet, in stores etc...

Candice is a million times better than any of the "new angels" plus she has a very humble and compassionate personality which is why I like her. Something you don't see in younger girls today because of social media.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.