Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

The show was much better when it was on ABC.

I don't think so the best shows were 2005 and 2006 for me and that was CBS.

I don't think its network. Its VS. This isn't the only thing dropping from them. CBS has nothing do with the sales of their bras and swimwear lines. The company needs re-evaluation. I read an article and it said the show looked like a fashion show that was having a midlife crises.

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

I'm not a Kendall/Gigi/whatever fan either but to blame the entire demise of VS and the show on them is just ridiculous. :cain: Three girls out of 50 are not going to make or break the show, and honestly if people didn't want to see them, TRHW and KUWTK wouldn't be going into their billionth season. The small niche of people that follow VS and models might turn their nose at them, but the average American probably doesn't give a shit how those girls got their spots. Case in point: most of my friends that were over yesterday and don't follow fashion closely loved Gigi, and loved seeing Bella and Abel. 

I agree that moving networks would be a smart move for them, or at least looking into live streaming it. CBS could live stream it and include the commercials to keep up their revenue. The CW would be a good fit as well, although I think that network has a smaller reach/audience. 

I said some of the new angels too. People want who they want. Because alot of people outside of here don't think they are as good as past VS models and it ruins it for them. You all don't like to hear that but thats how alot of people feel.

I am sure if people didn't feel that VS wasn't losing its greatness that the sales wouldn't decrease as much as they do sometimes now and that the show would do better.

I think its ridiculous trying to blame it on the network when VS has experienced failures in other parts of their company, this year, that doesn't have a thing to do with a tv network. Its them. If you don't wanna say what kind of models they are choosing is part of the problem, its VS surely

7 minutes ago, TKC said:

I don't think so the best shows were 2005 and 2006 for me and that was CBS.

I don't think its network. Its VS. This isn't the only thing dropping from them. CBS has nothing do with the sales of their bras and swimwear lines. The company needs re-evaluation. I read an article and it said the show looked like a fashion show that was having a midlife crises.

I thought 2001 was the best show. To each their own :smile: I am not saying it was the network per se but it happened to be decent when it was on ABC. I think it started to go downhill right after the whole PETA incident w/ Gisele and then when she left it totally plummeted. So the culprit is Gisele!!! :rofl:

Also Tyra b/c it was around the time she left Adriana started to act like a clown :ninja:

3 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

If you were VS, how would you "fix" the show or improve it? I think most of us are in agreement with the fact that it needs tweaking. 

I would change up the date. Maybe switch it to when fall shows start because there's good hype around that time. So maybe late August early September. Have one big act like Beyoncé. Make it more of a fashion spectacle like it used to be. Cut back girls and better designers. Go fresh with everyone. New director, production designers, stylists etc

1 minute ago, ceceshores said:

If you were VS, how would you "fix" the show or improve it? I think most of us are in agreement with the fact that it needs tweaking. 

Less editing, more focus on the runway, have performers between segments instead of BS filler clips, have it live again, display actual lingerie instead of costumes...that's all I could think of for now :D

^ First of all, i won't spend money in doing the show out of America (only 2 years after London's show), maybe in scenery and details on it, like moving cage of 2005 for example. (and, like someone said, if their major audience/target is american, focus on it doing the show in USA, i don't think Europe cares enough for VS to do the show here so assiduously)

Then, cutting the number of models, and make everything more edgy/fashionable, raw sex like back in 2006 :sad:  (c'mon, sex is the best seller :rofl:) one big performer with a performance out of the segments, staph with the social media clips between segments.

I would make it sexier, focus on the lingerie and hot models.. what people want to see. A lot of the costumes are too over the top, and turn out to be a hot mess. They desperately need a new creative team, stylist, etc. LESS MODELS, and models who have the best walks and bodies. Also less segments with performers in them, and have the performers perform in between. I also like the idea of a different date, that would freshen it up a bit! 

Oh and definitely less editing!

3 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

Absolutely, CBS skews the oldest demo wise of all the major networks. I don't think the VSFS is a great fit for the network for that reason. I know CBS collects the ad money, that's who I was talking about as far as them being not pleased with the fact that the show continues to lose viewers each year. 

Why do you think it will stabilize? It's been a downward trend in the demo for the past few years, including an astronomical drop between 2014 and 2015. 

I am going to continue to being annoying as fu bc again they are pleased. They have much bigger problems to worry about, they only have one show above what the VSFS did, their comedy brand is ruined and TBBT is leaving soon. NCIS is on its zillionth season, their shows on Sunday are drawing a 1.0 or less... They would easily sign another 5-year contract with VS. VS should be the one not pleased as they are a young-skewing event on an old channel, it doesn't make sense. The days CBS leaded are probably gone as now NBC is having all the heat with This Is Us, The Voice, Chicago Fire and more...

I believe it will stabilize for a few years because it also stabilized from 2012-2014. In 2011 they had a 4.6 demo and then they had a 3.6 demo in 2012 and then it stabilized

One of the bigger problems is that girls who used to be in the show were all supermodels and big thing in high fashion. Now supermodels don't exist, and high fashion models are not nearly as attractive like they were in Gisele time. Now hf models are either insta girls or too thin/bad bodies, strange looking, ugly-pretty is the new aesthetic, as they love to call it, and they have zero sex appeal.

So it is hard for VS to find bombshells or just beautiful girls with decent enough bodies.

1 minute ago, gotportugal said:

I am going to continue to being annoying as fu bc again they are pleased. They have much bigger problems to worry about, they only have one show above what the VSFS did, their comedy brand is ruined and TBBT is leaving soon. NCIS is on its zillionth season, their shows on Sunday are drawing a 1.0 or less... They would easily sign another 5-year contract with VS. VS should be the one not pleased as they are a young-skewing event on an old channel, it doesn't make sense. The days CBS leaded are probably gone as now NBC is having all the heat with This Is Us, The Voice, Chicago Fire and more...

I believe it will stabilize for a few years because it also stabilized from 2012-2014. In 2011 they had a 4.6 demo and then they had a 3.6 demo in 2012 and then it stabilized

Fair points! But yeah I agree with you as far as the fit with CBS, it's not a good one. I'd like to see them move networks but I don't think that's going to happen. 

I'm not sold on it stabilizing, at least not on CBS. 

19 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Less editing, more focus on the runway, have performers between segments instead of BS filler clips, have it live again, display actual lingerie instead of costumes...that's all I could think of for now :D

20 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

I would change up the date. Maybe switch it to when fall shows start because there's good hype around that time. So maybe late August early September. Have one big act like Beyoncé. Make it more of a fashion spectacle like it used to be. Cut back girls and better designers. Go fresh with everyone. New director, production designers, stylists etc

Focus solely on the Angels, and with the money saved from the show, promote the hell out of it, with Tay, Sara, Adri, Ale, Elsa and Jasmine doing interviews on morning shows, afternoon shows, late night, tv show appearances, youtube blogs, make them famous and make them household names

VSFS is dropping in ratings, because it's nothing new. No matter how the models change, how the outfits change or the music. It's like a show that has been a hit years ago is now becoming one of those series where after season 20 people just want it to be over.

Another thing is the show and especially the angels just need so much more promotion. Make the angels real celebrities by booking them on talk shows frequently (and not to only promote VS, they should promote themselves), get them cameos on relevant TV shows and make them more relevant in the fashion industry (e.g. more covers).

5 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

Fair points! But yeah I agree with you as far as the fit with CBS, it's not a good one. I'd like to see them move networks but I don't think that's going to happen. 

I'm not sold on it stabilizing, at least not on CBS. 

I'm not that sold onto that too, but I kinda see it happen

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.