Bellazon

I think her comment was directed more towards colorism. All the WOC models that we have confirmed for this year's issue are all relatively light skinned. Ebonee is a much darker girl, and it's considerably harder for models of her skin tone to get cast for jobs like this which is a colour barrier. Also yeah, 2-3 black girls with 1 or 2 Asians an issue is hardly breaking any sort of barrier. 

To me she just sounds bitter. Not saying it isn't true but it's unnecessary coming from her because she wasn't selected for the model search. Although an Asian was so that is good. I believe there should be more women of colour. But they shouldn't get picked just because they need a "token" person of colour. They should be picked because they were the right model for the job. No matter what there will always be blind eyes to it. But it's not just black girls. There are Indian, Asian, Arabic, Hispanic girls who are completely invisible and are never picked either. If people are gonna fight for it, then it should be about all different races and minorities. Not just black people. Although she did say women of colour so yeah.

It's like when there was the Oscars controversy. It was only about black actors. Not any other minorities.

6 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

To me she just sounds bitter. Not saying it isn't true but it's unnecessary coming from her because she wasn't selected for the model search. Although an Asian was so that is good. I believe there should be more women of colour. But they shouldn't get picked just because they need a "token" person of colour. They should be picked because they were the right model for the job. No matter what there will always be blind eyes to it. But it's not just black girls. There are Indian, Asian, Arabic, Hispanic girls who are completely invisible and are never picked either. If people are gonna fight for it, then it should be about all different races and minorities. Not just black people. Although she did say women of colour so yeah.

It's like when there was the Oscars controversy. It was only about black actors. Not any other minorities.

Actually, I think members of the Asian community also commented on their lack of representation in Hollywood.

I think that who appears in SISE is a small detail in this discussion, but it's hard to argue against the fact that it has always been skewed towards white women.

I think the last location was Fiji. One of the crew posted a picture a couple days ago captioned "Vinaka" which I think means "thank you" in Fijian? And it would match the 12 hr flight time from LA. 

SI Swim 2017

Location #1 (Location Unknown) 

ph: Walter Chin

1) xGyWnEeF.png

2) cY0UBB8y.png

Location #2 (Caribbean) 

ph: Ben Watts

1) tlOMK6KB.png (Rookie #1)

2) ibicf3lY.png

3) 5GN8Ocms.png

4) GSfM7sFP.png

5) KoK5lO2u.png (Rookie #2)

Location #3 (Unknown) 

ph: Unknown

1) LIDUrqdt.png 

2) Model #2 Unknown - Teaser 1, Teaser 2

3) Model #3 Unknown - iZSl3lXC.png, cDPT8Jqs.png, Teaser 3

4) Model #4 Unknown - OADse2e1.jpg

Location #4 (Sumba Island- Bali) 

ph: James Macari

1) Chrissy Teigen (Matches confirmed location.) 

2) JYkXVmV4.png 

3) eyZo4ZMd.png (Rookie #3)

4) 2I3v2z3q.png (Rookie #4)

Location #5 (Unknown - Possibly Fiji?

ph: Yu Tsai

1) xgHaMhbm.png

2) J0SU6bhw.png

3) 3puOW1r6.png (Rookie #5)

4) BElF2SADJ.png