Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

post-67297-0-1446075115-88411_thumb.jpg

Karl is the trendiest octogenarian there is, whatever the youth do, Karl follows, even making Choupette emojis :whistle:

She would, but then again she did say she wanted to be taken seriously in high fashion, if she manages to raid into something as exclusive as Chanel, she'll gain more credibility, if she goes to the VS path, she really just continues family tradition :rofl: 

^ Why must you be mean and expose us all to the face of evil!? :cry:

Kendall is the spawn of Kris Jenner. It is in her genetics. Enough said (Y) The only reason she would do Chanel is if VS rejects her. She will come up with some BS about wanting to be taken seriously as model but I assure you she is lying.

I think you all are underestimating the Chanel show

VSFS: Gets you three seconds of screentime and little to zero press unless you are an Angel/dating a famous person. 

Chanel: Gets you to more Chanel/Karl shows, editorials styled by Karl, campaigns styled by Karl + gives you more 

I think a lot of girls would do Chanel instead of VS, especially the HF girls such as Joan, Cara and others would much rather stay loyal to Karl than do the VSFS, mostly because some of them don't even do catalog for VS but they do work with Karl and his people often. And let's face it Karl is a lot more loyal to his 'muses' than VS to their models, for those who are not VS favorites it's a smarter choice to do Chanel instead.

As for Kendall, everyone truly needs to let it go, everything has been said way too many times already. Castings are in two weeks, until then nothing is sure but Jesus fucking Christ im tired of reading her name every time I come to this thread, it was kind of funny at first now it has become annoying ... Or maybe I'm just bitchier than usual today.

I seriously, trully wholeheartedly hope Kendall is going to walk the VS show and Cara gets the FB.

have to agree with this:

As for Kendall, everyone truly needs to let it go, everything has been said way too many times already. Castings are in two weeks, until then nothing is sure but Jesus fucking Christ im tired of reading her name every time I come to this thread, it was kind of funny at first now it has become annoying ... Or maybe I'm just bitchier than usual today.

^Lima I agree with you except that we're not talking about Couture or Pret-a-porter. It's a pre-collection that is not that important (I don't think Cara even walked previous pre-collections).. +10000000 on the fact that Karl is more loyal to his muses that VS and +1000000000000000000000 to the fact that we need to stop the Kendall is walking - Kendall is not walking thing. Let's wait and see...

I think you all are underestimating the Chanel show

VSFS: Gets you three seconds of screentime and little to zero press unless you are an Angel/dating a famous person. 

Chanel: Gets you to more Chanel/Karl shows, editorials styled by Karl, campaigns styled by Karl + gives you more 

I think a lot of girls would do Chanel instead of VS, especially the HF girls such as Joan, Cara and others would much rather stay loyal to Karl than do the VSFS, mostly because some of them don't even do catalog for VS but they do work with Karl and his people often. And let's face it Karl is a lot more loyal to his 'muses' than VS to their models, for those who are not VS favorites it's a smarter choice to do Chanel instead.

I totally disagree. This isn't ready to wear Chanel or Haute Couture. This is one of their pre-collections, which is catered specifically to foreign markets. It's the least important (or prestigious) of all Chanel shows. Cara hasn't even walked this collection, and she's Karl's main muse now. They only book a few top models and the rest are mostly filler. 

And no matter how much screen time you get with VS, you still get the prestige of walking the show, and arguably that could get your shoe in the door for more VS work. Lots of models literally walk the show and end up working a lot for VS, and even becoming angels in special cases (like Candice and Behati who were plucked out of nowhere, walked the shows, and became angels). 

Plus nowadays with blogging and the interwebz, it isn't just about the screen time during the airing. There will be BS shots, interviews, photo ops, lots of other stuff involving ALL the models. Lots of models also have commented that since walking VS, casting directors have given them an extra look. I think Maryna Linchuk said that in an interview. Plus, I'm sure it's entertaining for the models themselves! I would wanna be walking in a show with all my top models friends and celeb performers that will be airing all around the world vs. a forgettable Chanel show that will be dug into the archives of the 8 other Chanel shows every year.

There is no way in hell a model will choose Chanel over VS if she is booked for both.

----------------------------------------------

And also, forget about KenDull, I wanna know if Gigi Hadid will be walking VS! She started training with Gotham Gym, which is the guy that trains many VS models who walk the show (Maryna, Sara, Shanina, Lais, for example). She's definitely gonna have to slim down a bit to fit VS, so her training with this guy now makes sense. I truly hope she walks! She would be perfect for PINK!

^ Why must you be mean and expose us all to the face of evil!? :cry:

Kendall is the spawn of Kris Jenner. It is in her genetics. Enough said (Y) The only reason she would do Chanel is if VS rejects her. She will come up with some BS about wanting to be taken seriously as model but I assure you she is lying.

Hi Pinky! :)

I agree, however It doesn't bother me if Kendall walks the VSFS as long as she doesn't steal the spotlight from the Angels I'm good lol VS can just push her to the PINK segment & give her 1 outfit & that's all. :laugh: