Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

^ They couldn't do Mulan because it's 'racist' to Asian people, they couldn't do Jasmine because it would be 'racist' to Arabian, they couldn't do Tiana because it would be 'racist' to people of color, etc ... Americans call every little shit racist these days so a Disney theme would be way too controversial. Or let's not even go there, imagine the rage of conservative people if VS did lingerie based on Disney, they would start saying VS wants to turn their little girls into hookers :rofl:

That being said, I would lose my shit (in a good way) if Elsa had an Elsa outfit. I'm praying she dresses up like that for Halloween and I can die happy :ninja:

That would be dream come true !! At least in this way :)

The very thought of Disney princesses theme being controversial made me spill out my tea :rofl: nice point. I guess that dressing up like Swen would provoke the World Reindeer Organization to stand up and shout "Stop sexualizing reindeers, VS!"

^ They couldn't do Mulan because it's 'racist' to Asian people, they couldn't do Jasmine because it would be 'racist' to Arabian, they couldn't do Tiana because it would be 'racist' to people of color, etc ... Americans call every little shit racist these days so a Disney theme would be way too controversial. Or let's not even go there, imagine the rage of conservative people if VS did lingerie based on Disney, they would start saying VS wants to turn their little girls into hookers :rofl:

That being said, I would lose my shit (in a good way) if Elsa had an Elsa outfit. I'm praying she dresses up like that for Halloween and I can die happy :ninja:

And if they didn't include those you stated, it would "racist" as well. Isn't that great?

Put Liu in the Mulan outfit -> RACIST!

Put Candice in the Mulan outfit -> SO DISRESPECTFUL

Don't include the outfit at all -> DAT DISCRIMINATION!

It's one of those things where they can't win. I think that's part of the reason why VS recycles themes all the time, because there's a lot of things that if they do would cause people to go batshit crazy, I guess they go by better safe than sorry.

Elsa has dressed up as Sailor Moon and Cruela Devil already, I say the chances of a Queen Elsa costume are pretty good :laugh:

I would love that  :clap:

It's one of those things where they can't win. I think that's part of the reason why VS recycles themes all the time, because there's a lot of things that if they do would cause people to go batshit crazy, I guess they go by better safe than sorry.

That's sad but true  :mellow:

Disney villains is a great great idea too.

Absurd but true. Public needs to grow up, and damn fast while Elsa is there for VS :)

I didn't understand your comment until Jennka explained to me that there is this movie called Frozen: hahaha, even the name is the same :nicole:

post-40981-0-1446073724-87097_thumb.jpgpost-40981-0-1446073724-89584_thumb.jpg

^ I like it :thumbsup: .  Maybe Elsa could threaten to sue Disney for stealing her identity and they would call it even. :)

I'm afraid that after Tommy Hilfiger show yesterday we risk having Kendall in the VSFS this year.... I hope that VS doesn't go that way

Oh God, no!   :|

It wouldn't surprise me though if it did... VS has a very peculiar way of disappointing me when it comes to the casting choices... 

It wouldn't surprise me either if that happens, I mean, she's like everywhere lately... not hating, but I'd ratter see other models walk in the runway of the VSFS. 

I'm afraid that after Tommy Hilfiger show yesterday we risk having Kendall in the VSFS this year.... I hope that VS doesn't go that way

Oh God, no!   :|

It wouldn't surprise me though if it did... VS has a very peculiar way of disappointing me when it comes to the casting choices... 

It wouldn't surprise me either if that happens, I mean, she's like everywhere lately... not hating, but I'd ratter see other models walk in the runway of the VSFS. 

True. And, let's face it, she's like instant publicity.

But, still, there are, give or take, 1000 girls I would prefer to see in the show before she does it.

Jac, for example, is a favorite of mine...