Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I'm really on the fence for Kendall walking for the VSFS. I personally don't think it will happen. She isn't developed enough yet (as a model) for them to cast her. They've turned down many legit models (Irina Shayk, Marloes, Shanina, Barbara Palvin etc) so I don't think they will give it to her on status alone. However, another part of me thinks she may get the Cara D treatment and be thrown in because of her social media presence. I really don't wanna see her walk because I just can't get behind her "I work hard" personality that she's trying to get across. Like please, 99% of why you are successful is from Kanye's connections and people using you because you are a celebrity.

Time will tell.

I really don't like Kendall. She would not have 99% of the jobs and opportunities she has had this past year if it wasn't for her name.

She sucks at walking, has one look in every shoot and nothing special about her body.

The only reason anyone pays attention is not because she is a good model, I'd hate to see her walk VSFS over about 100+ more qualified and more experienced models. I would HATE to see her associated with anything VS and the Angels book inclusion is absolute bullshit. She sucks as a model I really hope VS stays away from her, who cares about the social media reach, she is only famous for her name and not work or skill. She sucks when compared to any half decent model.

I'm really on the fence for Kendall walking for the VSFS. I personally don't think it will happen. She isn't developed enough yet (as a model) for them to cast her. They've turned down many legit models (Irina Shayk, Marloes, Shanina, Barbara Palvin etc) so I don't think they will give it to her on status alone. However, another part of me thinks she may get the Cara D treatment and be thrown in because of her social media presence. I really don't wanna see her walk because I just can't get behind her "I work hard" personality that she's trying to get across. Like please, 99% of why you are successful is from Kanye's connections and people using you because you are a celebrity.

Time will tell.

This. Times a million. I just really don't think I could bear it if I saw Kendall walking down the VSFS runway alongside all the other girls who had to pay their dues and earn their place (even Cara... yes there was a bit of nepotism at work in the beginnings of her career but she was around for a good few years before VS glanced her way) several of whom will have been to castings for previous years without success, with the cameras cutting to the entire damn KardashianJenner clan sitting there looking smug, kidding themselves that they're not there because of a reality show that was commissioned after half the world saw a video of her big sister getting it from behind.

Don't get me wrong... I'm sure Kendall is a sweet girl and she's pretty, but far from remarkable. In any other family her modelling career would have peaked at selling overpriced hoodies in an Abercrombie and Fitch store.

Sorry to put it bluntly but that family gives me rage. Deep breath... rant over.

Time will tell.

This. Times a million. I just really don't think I could bear it if I saw Kendall walking down the VSFS runway alongside all the other girls who had to pay their dues and earn their place (even Cara... yes there was a bit of nepotism at work in the beginnings of her career but she was around for a good few years before VS glanced her way) several of whom will have been to castings for previous years without success, with the cameras cutting to the entire damn KardashianJenner clan sitting there looking smug, kidding themselves that they're not there because of a reality show that was commissioned after half the world saw a video of her big sister getting it from behind.

Don't get me wrong... I'm sure Kendall is a sweet girl and she's pretty, but far from remarkable. In any other family her modelling career would have peaked at selling overpriced hoodies in an Abercrombie and Fitch store.

Sorry to put it bluntly but that family gives me rage. Deep breath... rant over.

^ Plus one.

I don't think she would have done 1/8 of the work she has if it weren't for her name. And, I'm right there with you on the whole Kardashian's at the show thing... I don't believe anything would annoy me half as much. Not to mention that due to their 'illustrious' presence, a whole lot of girls who actually worked their butts off to be there will get like 1 second of screen time (potentially as they're walking back from the stage, which means we'll only get to see their backs)...

On a side comment on Kendall's catwalking skill...

VS has a lot of girls with walks I find absolutely appalling. (just my opinion)

^ Because the people that do like them are 13-18 year old American females that look up to them :ninja: Some people hate them, but still find the show entertaining. 

I really don't like Kendall. She would not have 99% of the jobs and opportunities she has had this past year if it wasn't for her name.

She sucks at walking, has one look in every shoot and nothing special about her body.

The only reason anyone pays attention is not because she is a good model, I'd hate to see her walk VSFS over about 100+ more qualified and more experienced models. I would HATE to see her associated with anything VS and the Angels book inclusion is absolute bullshit. She sucks as a model I really hope VS stays the fuck away from her who cares about the social media reach, she is only famous for her name and not work or skill. She sucks when compared to ANY half decent model.

+ 1000000

Time will tell.

^ Plus one.

I don't think she would have done 1/8 of the work she has if it weren't for her name. And, I'm right there with you on the whole Kardashian's at the show thing... I don't believe anything would annoy me half as much. Not to mention that due to their 'illustrious' presence, a whole lot of girls who actually worked their butts off to be there will get like 1 second of screen time (potentially as they're walking back from the stage, which means we'll only get to see their backs)...

On a side comment on Kendall's catwalking skill...

VS has a lot of girls with walks I find absolutely appalling. (just my opinion)

+10000 

Let's face it: Kendall has an average body, an average (imo i dont think she's pretty at all) face. She might pretend she is working hard "OMG a pic of me with my book going to the castings omg, i work so hard omg"//"omg I'm gonna take the family name because I work so hard omg I don't need it anymore omg" but it is just because her stupid family name and the whole big butts bunch - aka the Kardashians (which I hope they will be far away from VSFS). It drives me crazy to thing that some of the ACTUAL and good models work so hard to build that presence, work out as crazy to be ready for the show, and then she decided to play "I wanna be a model" game, and because of the family and the Show/Kanye, etc, she has open doors to everything. I don't even think the casting directors prefer her features compared to other models. But she's the #1 Ranked "Model" regarding social media presence, so that makes it free publicity. Anyway, I really hope this Kardashians thing finishes really soon, so we can have actual models doing the jobs.

I was joking with the arabic theme/racism, pointing out to our previous conversation about Disney theme being racist :)

btw, if all the people disapprove with the Kendall and Kardashians, why are they so famous? Who watches the show?? :blink:

Americans watch the show. Of all ages, which is very sad.

I was joking with the arabic theme/racism, pointing out to our previous conversation about Disney theme being racist :)

btw, if all the people disapprove with the Kendall and Kardashians, why are they so famous? Who watches the show?? :blink:

Americans watch the show. Of all ages, which is very sad.

Shocking as well. The Kardashians aren´t even good looking - I mean, I can understand watching not-very-inteligent but hot chicks on TV (I do it myself sometimes) but to watch unattractive stupid people, that´s just above my understanding, lol. Such a waste of time anyway.

^ Because the people that do like them are 13-18 year old American females that look up to them :ninja: Some people hate them, but still find the show entertaining. 

The only reason anyone pays attention is not because she is a good model, I'd hate to see her walk VSFS over about 100+ more qualified and more experienced models. I would HATE to see her associated with anything VS and the Angels book inclusion is absolute bullshit. She sucks as a model I really hope VS stays the fuck away from her who cares about the social media reach, she is only famous for her name and not work or skill. She sucks when compared to ANY half decent model.

+ 1000000

Look up to them? :chicken:

Sounds like Emily Didonato, and half the VS models. Strike pose, look at camera. It's all the same. Almost all the current models have one or two looks and stick with them. Most have a slightly dead expression.

Gigi H, Ireland Baldwin, Karlie Kloss, Georgia May Jagger, Kate Upton, Zoe Kravitz, Cara D, Daisy Lowe, Tali Lennox, Sasha Spielberg, Eve Hewson, Dakota Johnson, Kimberly Stewart, Dree Hemingway, Mia Tyler, Cindy Crawford, Yasmin Le Bon... All of these models had famous parents or family members. So they got a hand into the modeling field, maybe a little boost when it came to popularity, but that doesn't discredit that if they were all horrible they wouldn't continue to book work. The same goes for Kendall. So what, she's not your cup of tea. She's skating by on her name? Really? She's not going by Kardashian, if she was really trying to use her name as a crutch she would be going by the last name that is "famous".

I pray none of you ever get a hand out in life, because then you're just being hypocritical. Don't look for that promotion if your family member is friends with the boss, or getting into the exclusive job that you never would have gotten if they weren't friends with your family. At this point I'd like to see Kendall walk, not because I care for her because I really don't care one way or the other, but because all of you are so up in arms against her.

Sounds like Emily Didonato, and half the VS models. Strike pose, look at camera. It's all the same. Almost all the current models have one or two looks and stick with them. Most have a slightly dead expression.

Gigi H, Ireland Baldwin, Karlie Kloss, Georgia May Jagger, Kate Upton, Zoe Kravitz, Cara D, Daisy Lowe, Tali Lennox, Sasha Spielberg, Eve Hewson, Dakota Johnson, Kimberly Stewart, Dree Hemingway, Mia Tyler, Cindy Crawford, Yasmin Le Bon... All of these models had famous parents or family members. So they got a hand into the modeling field, maybe a little boost when it came to popularity, but that doesn't discredit that if they were all horrible they wouldn't continue to book work. The same goes for Kendall. So what, she's not your cup of tea. She's skating by on her name? Really? She's not going by Kardashian, if she was really trying to use her name as a crutch she would be going by the last name that is "famous".

I pray none of you ever get a hand out in life, because then you're just being hypocritical. Don't look for that promotion if your family member is friends with the boss, or getting into the exclusive job that you never would have gotten if they weren't friends with your family. At this point I'd like to see Kendall walk, not because I care for her because I really don't care one way or the other, but because all of you are so up in arms against her.

+ 10000

Zoe Kravitz??? Are you kidding me, just because she was the face of some Vera Wang perfume doesn't make her a model, she is so short. She is an artist- she sings, she acts, she is no model.

Baldwin? Kimberly Stewart, even Georgia, these are not models. These are somebody's famous kids and you calling them models is what really shocks me, but for you, sadly, and many others, those are the "models" today. 

Maybe you should check the forums/threads/pages dedicated on the 80s and 90s Supermdoels.

How much work does someone need to book to become a model in your eyes? I'll give you Zoe and Kimberly, but Georgia and Ireland are both booking work. Hell Ireland started last year? Just because you don't consider them "models" doesn't mean they aren't. It just means you have some antiquated idea of what a model is. People need to move forward from the idea of the 80's and 90's supermodel and realize that they have morphed into a whole new idea.

All that aside, how many other girls on there were listed that you can't refute?

To reiterate, just because you don't like them doesn't make them not "real models". I am so tired of this philosophy. It's like you all look down on them because they got a helping hand. What I'm trying to figure out is if you all look down on them because they have what you want, or wanted your "favorite" to have.

Seems like a model to me (not a model): http://models.com/models/georgia-may-jagger/year

God damn her genetics, and her famous parents with dem monies .. DAMN HER TO HELLS.

Guess she should of come from a small farm in South Africa, or some tiny town in Brazil...then she would be a model. *please sir, may I have some moar*

Fucking monies and family connections ruining EVERYTHING. #firstworldproblems

:rofl: