Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

There it goes, it took long enough for someone to bring the racist bullshit card. As if Rose was the only one getting negative feedback and she is not even really that dark skinned o.o

History proves that this has not truly mattered to racists.

I believe they even have a term for that phenomenon in the US: the one-drop rule.

^ Again, bingo Sympathy, and you are right about the one-drop rule.  Things like that have faded, but still linger to some degree.  And the OP is not playing a card of any kind, she simply made an astute observation that others agree with.

Moving on, Solveig is definitely deserving of support  :surrender:

To clarify, I was not denying that the epithet of cheap, or its synonyms, were reserved exclusively for women of color. It certainly hasn't been. Nor have I done some kind of rigorous study that demands explanations or apologies out of people. Merely that in my limited observation, when the terms are often applied to white women they reflect some measurable quality in the model's work, such as the brand involved. Hence why I didn't say anything until another user posted comparisons of Rose's allegedly trashier posing.

Generally, I cringe a bit whenever a person is described as cheap (which as some pointed out, is common), regardless of their color, and not the campaign (or whatever) it is they're working with. That this would carry added negative connotations--intended or (more likely) not--when applied to groups of people who are already marginalized shouldn't be controversial. That should suffice as my final 2 cents as far as this thread goes.

BELLAZON EXCLUSIVE!

Hey guys! I went to the SI event today and met virtually every model in this issue. Here's my review/feedback on the girls I met (with pics!):

Sara Sampaio: we played Connect 4! It was great!! We spoke for about 7 minutes. She was the most down to Earth, humble girl ever. Super super nice. Wish her a lot of success.

rka734.jpg

Chrissy Teigen: I know she gets a lot of heat here, but she is beyond sweet to fans and the people around her. She was SO lively and honestly had the most energy of any model I have ever seen. she's basically hilarious and super open. I ended up being a fan.

2irsz13.jpg

Emrata: Really nice! Can't complain. She wasn't super super friendly but very amicable.

9ux1n4.jpg

Lily Aldridge: She was nice, but she seemed kinda 'over it'. Kinda disappointed because she used to be much friendlier.

2hx9hc6.jpg

Hannah Davis: not good. She was sweet but seemed really 'detached'. Like she didn't care what you were saying and acted a bit like a diva throughout the whole event. Granted she is the cover model, she could have been much nicer and open. Especially at a fan-oriented event. However, I will say that she was STUNNING. She truly is very very beautiful.

m8ldmd.jpg

Chanel Iman: Sweet. No complaints.

i27pz9.jpg

Gigi Hadid: Really nice and made herself available to everyone. As always :)

Erin Heatherton: ehhhh...she was a bit 'off'. I would talk to her and she literally would not pay attention to me lol. When she did she was super 'fake nice'. I'm kinda disappointed, but oh well. She definitely didn't seem like she wanted to be there.

339mtk4.jpg

Hailey Clauson: she was sweet! Really friendly and open. I told her she would be ROTY and she smiled and said "I hope so!"

33230vp.jpg

Irina Shayk: Very detached. She wasn't too friendly at all.

Rose: Sweet and friendly!

Feel free to ask about others! I didn't get a chance to have too much contact with the other models, but I did see them at the event.

how's Solveig? was she nice/friendly/bitchy/arrogant/boring? do you took any pictures with her?

Well done Gab. So lucky.

No photo with Gigi?

Thanks! And no, unfortunately. She was only doing autographs at the time. I already have a few pics with her so I just focused on girls I hadn't met before.

Did Sara beat you Gab?

Yes! At the last minute! haha All it took was her smile to distract me

Regarding Solveig; I didn't really get to talk to her. She was a bit boring, but seemed friendly.

OK. In that case I apologize. It was hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

No sweat. I've been called a lot worse.

A few pages back, Memento Mori put forth the idea of designing your own swimsuit issue in a new thread. An interesting idea. If we're so smart, how would we do it? He suggested putting parameters and guidelines on it. I have to disagree there. Along with the usual cast of characters, why not make it open to any girl? One of the most fascinating things about the SI issue for me is discovering a relatively unknown model.

Any thoughts?

i've had this thought, too. i was thinking of something along the lines of a "pick three"

we establish a few categories and for each category, you could pick three suggestions.  such as...

pick three rookies to definitely return in 2016

pick three rookies to never return again

pick three veterans to never return again

pick three girls who you would've preferred on the cover (could be hannah)

pick three models who attended casting calls who should've been in the issue

pick three models who should be in the casting calls in 2015 (for the 2016 issue)

pick three photographers SI should work with (that they haven't worked with before)

and so forth

i think once we figured out just a few categories and got the format down, it could be a nice way to 'editoralize' the issue without having long-ass text posts (like this one)

Well done Gab. So lucky.

No photo with Gigi?

Thanks! And no, unfortunately. She was only doing autographs at the time. I already have a few pics with her so I just focused on girls I hadn't met before.

Did Sara beat you Gab?

Yes! At the last minute! haha All it took was her smile to distract me

Regarding Solveig; I didn't really get to talk to her. She was a bit boring, but seemed friendly.

did she look bored? or she sounded boring when she talk? you didn't took

a picture with her? does she look prettier in person or in pictures?

the time machine aspect just sounds silly.  i mean, i love catrinel and kim cloutier, but their time has passed, i'm sad to say.  would be more interesting to discuss models who actually have a chance of being cast rather than OH MAN CATRINEL AT AGE 19 ON THE COVER FTW

Yeah I edited to be more clear. I meant dont do that. 

The "models who actually have a chance of being cast" is essentially the main reason for having broad ground rules. But then, I don't follow this business as closely as many (especially here, including folks who have unique access) so my judgement regarding who would be plausible and why is not the best.

pick three rookies to definitely return in 2016

Solveig

Erin

Kelly

pick three rookies to never return again

Ashley

Hailey

Robyn

pick three veterans to never return again

Kate Bock

Jessica Gomes

Nina Agdal

Gigi Hadid

GenevieveMorton

Chanel Iman

Emily Didonato

Ariel Meredith

Irina Shayk

Chrissy Teigen

pick three girls who you would've preferred on the cover (could be hannah)

Hannah Ferguson

Hannah Davis

Solveig

pick three models who attended casting calls who should've been in the issue

Jessica Strother

Yara Khmidan

Xenia Deli

pick three models who should be in the casting calls in 2015 (for the 2016 issue)

Daniela Lopez Osorio

Morgan Shelly

Rosie Huntington

Doutzen Kroes

Candice Boucher

Bojana Krsmovic

pick three photographers SI should work with (that they haven't worked with before)

who ever did the photoshoot for 100 great danes

Nigel Baker

I don't know a lot about photographer

add: models that SI needs to bring back

Michelle Vawer

Bregje Heinen

Alyssa Miller

Esti Ginzburg

Julie Ordon

Kim Cloutier

sorry I needed too add more than 3 in some of them.

Pick 3 Rookies who should return:

1. Kelly

2. Hailey

3. Solveig

Pick 3 Rookies to never return:

1. Robyn

2. Erin

3. Ashley

Pick 3 Veterans to never return:

1. Chrissy

2. Chrissy

3. Chrissy

Pick 3 Girls you would've preferred for the cover:

1. Nina

2. Hannah F.

3. GiGi

Pick 3 models who attended casting calls who should've been in the issue:

1. Xenia Deli

2. Lisalla Montenegro

3. Brittany Oldehoff

4. Alexandria Morgan (Yes I know I'm breaking the rules)

Pick 3 models who should be in the casting calls in 2015 (for the 2016 issue):

1. Luiza Freyesleben post-85348-0-52039900-1423619266_thumb.jpost-85348-0-41988900-1423619455_thumb.j

2. Gabriella Lenzi post-85348-0-31338800-1423619304_thumb.jpost-85348-0-85045700-1423619341_thumb.j

3. Alexis Ren post-85348-0-24827500-1423619374_thumb.jpost-85348-0-48797200-1423619405_thumb.j

5. Joanna Krupa (Just for shits and giggles. Wasn't she at one time the "Best Swimsuit Model on the Planet"? Why hasn't she ever made it in? I use to LOVE her. Oh Well)

Pick 3 Photographers who should do S.I.:

I'm not familiar with photographers but I really like Russel James' work. Has he shot S.I. in the past and if not would he be a good choice?

Girls S.I. should bring back:

1. Michelle Vawer
2. Bregje Heinen
3. Alyssa Miller