Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

The main concern I have is the CBC airing. I work in a youth clinic and when Karlie hit the stage last year, it wasn't positively received (especially after her vogue shoot). I am just trying to see where this fascination in overly thin girls lies. Just as an unhealthy over weight person isn't well received, I cannot see why an under weight person is. It's really damaging to the youth. Which are evidently the next generation.

And it's fine that some girls are really thin. (because that's what fashion wants)

But toting her as the body to be...aspire to...that is quote unquote extraordinary. This is what is sickening.

I have to say that last year i got to watch the show in the US with the family i was living with at the time, and the overall reaction was like 'some of those girls look like haven't had a decent meal in ages' it really made the mom freak out a little and she was like WTF? whens he saw the girls so i do get elle16 when saying that the show is not well-received by everyone, when you show somebody who's spine is on full display on lingerie & that's the image you want to portray as 'sexy' it does affect some girls because some of them have the VS models as role-models when it comes to looks. I'd die if i have a daughter and she tells me she wants to look like some of the girls.

I'm not saying that X or Y model is anorexic just because she's thin, I'm a size 0 myself so i know that being this small doesn't mean you starve yourself, he point is that i look healthy unlike some of the models do for example Lindsay is really tiny but she does look healthy and you can see that's just the way she is unlike Candice who honestly looks to me like she's about ready to pass out on the runway, however i think that this year was way better than last year in that sense, with the exception of a few it looks like VS at least took the time to cover most of the super-thin models with the outfits so hopefully we won't be seeing spines this year on national Tv.

They don't want to be like Karlie. They don't give a crap about her face or height. It's the thinness.

No it's the fact that magazines say that's what a woman should be.

I think the fashion world should be more educated. They have so much pull for an uneducated bunch.

As for me, a woman,I don't find it wrong to be skinny, I like skinny type women and models.All my life, skinny,[but not skeleton type] models were of great motivation for me to stay in shape and and to not gain weight,I don't starve myself but I have great tips from them.Being thin is good .I'm not against curvy,or fat women,they're more real though also in Europe ,many real women are thin.

Oh, why, only curvy women are real! Everyone should look like /fill in the name/ and /fill in the name/ is the best becasue /fill in the name/ looks like REAL woman, right, RIGHT? And /fill in the name/ should be an angel, oh, why Karlie is an angel she is fugly and skinny and she had three outfits and that is like SO WRONG because /fill in the name/ is way better! And /fill in the name/ is like healthy skinny, but look at /fill in the name/ is sick skinny, she has no /fill in the needed attributes/ and she is not sexy at all! VS should really think deeply about women they choose because all the silly girls in this world are gonna starve themselves to death!!

Don´t have to thank me, just copy & paste - it saves a lot of time.

Oh. I was watching VSFS with my grandma, and she told me "Can I eat them? Crunchyyyy" so I ran away because she had like these big, BIG eyes.

Do not consider this post to be valid, because I´m not real, thus logically I could not be here and write this shit up.

24xkgtw.jpg

I think in Karlie's case her body looks a bit wierd in lingerie, because her torso is rather straight without curves. Candice is really skinny too, but it looks much better on her, because she is also very curvy. And I guess Karlie's face is not as classicaly attractive as the faces of other VS models.

That said, I don't think there is too much danger of girls being influenced to become too skinny. If you look at the comments on VS videos or posts outside of model forums, the models who get bashed/called ugly the most are: Karlie, Anja, Chanel - the really skinny girls.

37 Models

Angels

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Miranda Kerr

Doutzen Kroes

Behati Prinsloo

Candice Swanepoel

Erin Heatherton

Lily Aldridge

Lindsay Ellingson

Returning Models