Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Karlie's outfit is supposed to represent Thanksgiving which is in November. Maybe they should've done a Pilgrim outfit instead :nicole:

Seems like a weird way to represent Thanksgiving... "Here, have an outfit to represent the genocide of native people! oh and we're going to put a white girl in it just to make it worse!" Not my favorite outfit and not a good choice by VS, I think. :/

A good debate is always better then nothing, so let me start. :rofl:

The white man didn't come to the America's with the sole intent of killing everyone and everything that moved. = No genocide

Nearly all scholars now believe that it was widespread epidemic of disease, to which the natives had no prior exposure or resistance, was the overwhelming cause of the massive population decline of the Native Americans

Genocide is "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group" = Nazi's

YaY! okay anywho.

I think I enjoyed the Circus segment above all other segments and I don't know why. Maybe it's an inner child thing. Totally went Freudian there. Mom issues, Dad issues, clown issues (/shudder)... all the above.

A good debate is always better then nothing, so let me start. :rofl:

The white man didn't come to the America's with the sole intent of killing everyone and everything that moved. = No genocide

Nearly all scholars now believe that it was widespread epidemic of disease, to which the natives had no prior exposure or resistance, was the overwhelming cause of the massive population decline of the Native Americans

Genocide is "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group" = Nazi's

Reading this heated debate about Karlie's Native American-outfit, I think it's obvious to say that people have a SERIOUS problem that the headpiece was showcased in a lingerie show. While we VS fans appreciate the costumes and see them as art (or find them plain tacky in recent years), for the general person, all the outfits are just objectifying women. And reading some comments, native American women have been sexualized for a long time and maybe that's why people get offended by it. Plus, the headpiece is a holy piece for many tribes and are worn by males-only (but if I would ban that outfit to be aired by explainging it with this, basically, misogynic reason... I wouldn't). But in the end of the day it is really n-o-t t-h-a-t s-e-r-i-o-u-s! It might be a lingerie show, but I think this particular show has become more than just a lingerie show and therefore shouldn't only be seen as such. And Karlie just walked down the runway with that outfit. It's not like she pulled it in between her legs to get excited or threw it on the ground and stomp on it.

This is just a guess, but I think the row with Irina was girls that they wanted but who weren't in New York during the casting period. the left side of the board ends up being girls that do the show and the top right side is girls that almost made it.

Why Chanel Iman didn't do the fashion show?

I know I'm late with replying to this, but I was also wondering about that. They probably decided there's already 'enough' models of colour in the show to fill their quota :cain:

Her Angel contract had run out and she didn't attend casting. IIRC, she was on the "dream board" at casting, though.

ETA: proof

Can somebody help me identify all the VS costumes in circus?

This site has a useful template for circus.

http://vsfsdesigns.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/2012-victorias-secret-fashion-show-line-up/

Circus

1. Ringmaster 2. ? 3. Target Girl 4.Trained poodle 5. ? 6. Clown 7. ? 8. Snake lady 9. Clown 10. horse? ??? 11. Gyspie (fire lady?) 12. Tiger

Can somebody help me identify all the VS costumes in circus?

This site has a useful template for circus.

http://vsfsdesigns.w...n-show-line-up/

Circus

1. Ringmaster 2. ? 3. Target Girl 4.Trained poodle 5. ? 6. Clown 7. ? 8. Snake lady 9. Clown 10. horse? ??? 11. Gyspie (fire lady?) 12. Tiger

2. funambulist

11. Tattooed woman

1. Ringmaster - (Adriana)

2. Tightrope walker - (Candice) (If you recall, most of the tightrope walkers had a little umbrella to help balance them)

3. Knife Throwers Assistant - (Karlie)

4. Stage Poodle :rofl: - (Doutzen)

5. Acrobatics performer, or one of the woman who rode on the backs of the Elephants and did tricks - (Miranda)

6. Clown - (Toni)

5. A part of the outside food display stand weak concept btw - (Erin)

6. Snake Charmer - (Izabel)

7. Clown - (Barbara)

8. Trick Pony Rider - (Alessandra)

9. Tattooed Lady - (Liu)

10. Tiger jumping through flaming hoops- (Joan)