Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Thank you for answering! :flower::heythere:

May be somebody can please tell or explain me why VS doesn`t want to work with Emily Didonato :beating:

And is this true that she was on casting? :idk:

Waiting impatiently for the answer :flower:

I'm going to be honest so please don't think what I'm about to say is me trying to be mean spirited towards Emily, because I do like her. (used to be one of her first fans on BZ years ago)

Emily in print comes across as very eye catching, extremely beautiful, and she has that certain "it factor" that VS has openly come out and said they're looking for in girls who walk for them.

VS makes a wish list each year of girls that catch their eye all year based on Runway/Editorials/Advertisements and towards the time of the show they have them come to casting if their agency will send them, or if the models have the time.

Emily in person falls very flat from her "it persona" in print unless she's working with Maybelline, but lets face it, it's a makeup companies job to make their girls looks flawless on camera. Emily away from Maybelline/Modeling is very one dimensional looking and she quickly looses that certain thing that captures your eye. If I was a betting person I'd say another reason she doesn't get booked is that Emily is much larger then I think VS is looking for.

Now by larger I don't mean fat . . . I mean stately. If you look at her latest work with Sean Opry - when she was sitting on his thigh with her arm draped around his neck, she dwarfed him in size. Last time I checked men generally should look larger then woman?

^ Never a good thing when it comes to camera face time. If Emily looked that "large" in her video with Sean, how is she going to look on stage in front of cameras wearing lingerie? (camera adds 10 pounds that a stately woman can't afford to have)

Now add in what AnaBB said about her confidence and personality and I believe we have a winner

Uu6EV.png

2. funambulist

11. Tattooed woman

1. Ringmaster - (Adriana)

2. Tightrope walker - (Candice) (If you recall, most of the tightrope walkers had a little umbrella to help balance them)

3. Knife Throwers Assistant - (Karlie)

4. Stage Poodle :rofl: - (Doutzen)

5. Acrobatics performer, or one of the woman who rode on the backs of the Elephants and did tricks - (Miranda)

6. Clown - (Toni)

5. A part of the outside food display stand weak concept btw - (Erin)

6. Snake Charmer - (Izabel)

7. Clown - (Barbara)

8. Trick Pony Rider - (Alessandra)

9. Tattooed Lady - (Liu)

10. Tiger jumping through flaming hoops- (Joan)

First of all,thanks all for answering,I understand that it is forum,not Emily fansite

It just makes me very sad,that girl with some meat on her bones,who has hips and booty is called not as fine-boned and photogenic as other competing models :(

Laetitia Casta,who rocked in her prime VS Runway must be obese to you.It is like woman doesn`t have the wright to have womanly body,but have to spend all her time in gym and diet and be not womanly but thin as rail and muscular.Karlie Kloss has certainly very delicate and perfect body.However to each their own

Emily in person falls very flat from her "it persona" in print unless she's working with Maybelline, but lets face it, it's a makeup companies job to make their girls looks flawless on camera. Emily away from Maybelline/Modeling is very one dimensional looking and she quickly looses that certain thing that captures your eye.

Member Number 1: I am offended. You should be offended. This why you should be offended, too.

Member Number 2: You are stupid. People are being are too sensitive.

This is the pattern I am seeing.

As I firmly believe that I am part of the 'Social Justice League' and am one of those people who gets bitched at for being offended by 'everything' I can really only offer this honest commentary.

At the end of the day, these two types of individuals have to realize two things. You cannot dictate what someone is or isn't offended by. As much as you want people to understand why you are offended or why you aren't, the fact of the matter is, an offence is something that is felt personally. To try to impose that feeling on another just isn't going to work. It's like trying to explain a joke that they have no context of.

All you can do is explain why or why not it isn't offensive, and while one side may be ignorant to other some variables, you cannot make someone be offended or magically not be.

As much as I love a good discussion, when a discussion becomes 'THINK LIKE I DO, MORON', especially when it comes to the concept of 'I am offended,' it just feels like a waste of effort and a breeding ground for unnecessary arguments.

To keep this on-topic: When is this show going to air anyway? :ninja:

I mean Barbara is shorter and larger then Emily.Don`t get me wrong,I like her very much but still

post-42953-0-1446069690-60277_thumb.jpgpost-42953-0-1446069690-6534_thumb.jpgpost-42953-0-1446069690-69316_thumb.jpg

Barbara may be shorter, but I think she has that certain it factor VS is looking for. Emily is beautiful, and has an incredible body. But it takes more than that. You have to have spark, something that is untangable that you can't put your finger on.....thats what makes a VS model, and most importantly makes a very successful model in general.

Like John said in the casting video, all these girls have incredible bodies and beautiful faces. It takes more than just that to be casted for the show. Some girls go to casting multiple times before being picked. I don't think we can really define what they want, nor do I think they can. It's the "it" factor, the "you know it when you see it" type of thing.

I see. :flower: I just didn`t notice any X -Factor in Maud and Dorothea and some others girls :idk:

Thats all matter of opinion, same with the casting directors for VSFS. They just fell emily isn't a fit, but who knows I'm sure they're open to a change of heart sometime in the future :)

So i saw the fittings video, if Miranda was supposed to be only in two sections does it means that only Doutzen, Karlie & Candice were meant to get three outfits? I wonder if they had another last minute cancellation other than Lais & that's why Miranda got the third outfit, we had some confirmed-ish names that didn't show up in the runway