Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Jumping on bandwagon...

Candice & Adriana on CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=738...n&tag=strip

Victoria's Secret models Adriana Lima and Candice Swanepoel answer viewer questions on topics ranging from how to ask out a Victoria's Secret model, to how do they maintain their bodies.

Body language on a subconscious level is a major indication of one's mood. Could Adriana be leaning any further from Candice? She's practically in the lap of the reporter. Going with my gut in saying Adriana doesn't like Candice very much. :rofl:

Candice bored me to tears on the VSFS and on this video. I swear she's dead behind her beauty.

Usually by now there's pages of people complaining and ranting how it's not as good as it used to be. I'm surprised.

I enjoyed it. I guess if you're not a fan of hip hop or Jay-Z/Kanye you could have something against them. Otherwise it was another solid show. THe ending was a little strange though. It reminded me of how SNL ends their shows :laugh:

Can anyone explain how Lais catapulted herself over Emanuela and became an angel?

. . . Enjoyed

Elsa she looked all kinds of hot

Lindsay sweet as can be

Shaina hot but enough with the crowd kisses

Kanye & Jay-Z :heart: very entertaining even though it's not my kind of music

Bregje very pretty on the show but highly unforgettable in print :(

The rest all just kinda blended into one another. TOO MANY BLONDES!

Karlie frightens me. The fact that VS thinks this she's perfection makes me sad. To quote my friend "Skinny needs more pounds.... and wtf hipbones", and her little dance thing.... I just don't know.. Horrible.

Candice didn't stand out in the way she should of

Miranda just did her uppity thing most of the time

Lily looked way older then she should

Chanel . . . someone check her alcohol level next time

Kayne is my new hero - (Ale to Kayne) "Are you nervous" ... (Kanye without skipping a beat) "No" :rofl:

Doutzen meh

Adriana was in her own little world (as usual)

Joan who I thought was beautiful was lost in translation

Lais's head looked way to small for her body (Seriously all I could focus on.. sorry)

Behati :idk: couldn't remember her on the runway at all, but I did like her in her interviews

Toni looked beautiful but sadly she's just another blonde without the major sex appeal imo

Erin's body looked great but yet another blonde... just didn't stand out enough for me.

As for the show... I've grown fairly apathetic over the years so it didn't wow me and it didn't bother me. Meh :/ :idk:

One last thing.. Shitting disco balls. Nuff said

Okay so:

Way. Too. Much. Backstage! Some girls were hardly even seen walking...

Putting Lais in the credits and then have her glaringly missing from every interview? Smart!

Skipping Ale, Doutzen, Lindsay, Chanel and Miranda while having all the Angels talk about one another? Very smart! <_<

Please stop it with Karlie...

Was the whole Adriana having trouble changing skit really necessary?

Too many blondes.

Lindsay got screwed over in the MLJ section being before Anne V.

Doutzen, Behati, Lindsay, Ale all were great.

Usually by now there's pages of people complaining and ranting how it's not as good as it used to be. I'm surprised.

Wait for it, its coming. I'll break the show and the models later. I actually enjoyed the show. I'm a major hip-hop head. I don't like Kanye because of his attitude and I think Jay-Z is WAYYYY OVERRATED as a rapper, but I can't front on their music. I've always been a fan of Maroon 5, and I guess it was cool to see him hold Anne V's hand and kiss her on the cheek. I was much better than seeing Seal and Heidi Klum sing that duet a few years back. She sounded terrible. Heidi, you're a model and definitely NOT A SINGER!!! Also, Nicki Manaj gave a great performance and her songs and interesting outfits were perfect for the Pink Section.

All the Runway segments were cool. Most of the outfits were good. However, I think the overemphasized the more famous models, especially current and former Angels, while they underemphasized the news and second year models. Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Behati, and even Lily were able to ham it up even before they, and sometimes after, they walked. The camera would be focused on them, shot from all angles. That camera stayed on them during the walk to the front, and even the back if a less famous model followed them. However, the 1st and 2 comers like Shanina Shaik, Joan Smalls, both of the Asian girls and Bregje Heinen didn;t have much camera time. Some of them were reduced to one shot, when they reached the front of the runway. Only Karlie Kloss really got noticed in a big way, and that was because they did a segment on her. Also, I knew the slow motion thing was coming so it didn't bother me too much. They actually started that in 2005, and that was THEIR BEST SHOW!!! I also could have did without showing the celebrities in the crowd. I think they went a little overboard with that, when the lesser known models paying the price. And why do they pick on some models and show mistakes to add DRAMATIC EFFECT?! Did we really have to see Miranda losing her shoe on the runway or see Adriana having trouble getting out of her Superhero outfit?

I thought the inbetween segments were good. It was kinda interesting to see them talk about each other, discussing their 1st fashion shows, and their opinions on one another. I really enjoyed them looking at pictures of themselves when they were kids. A bunch of ugly ducklings growing up to be BEAUTIFUL SWANS!!!! :drool: :shock: :yes:

I will watch the show again and break the models down a little more, but I liked the show, and I think it was better than years past.

I agree with K_Dub that 2005 was probably the apex of the VSFS.

But the show has really been in a rut since 2007. Used to be even in the weaker years a couple of the veterans still shone in at least a few segments and there were always 1-2 new girls who managed to steal the spotlight in one outfit or the other. But in recent years there is just not much that stands out. All the shows are interchangeable.

I guess if I had to name a veteran that I liked in the 2011 show, I'd have to name Ale, but this year still wouldn't feature in my top five of VSFS for Ale. None of the new girls really stood out for me. And the back-stage thing is getting annoying. The focus should be on the show and not on interviewing the girls. I think about half of the broadcast was devoted to back-stage stuff. They need to tone that down a bit.

But my main complaint is that it's rare for a girl or an outfit to really wow you. Is it because the girls lack a bit of star appeal compared to their predecessors? Or are the designers just suffering from creative anemia? Probably a bit of both...

To sum up my point in one image, where was this year's (or last year's, or 2009's) equivalent of something like this:

post-186-0-1446069490-49774_thumb.jpg

Well guys don't expect it to change cause the ratings are in and the show is a hit for VS & CBS.

It scored 10.3 million viewers which is the highest since 2002 and scored 4.6 rating amongst adults 18-49 at the 10pm slot. That's the biggest demo rating in 9 years.

So it's safe to say the format VS is in now will stay the same for next year. It all depends on what drew the public in obviously.

MY THOUGHTS

Adriana : Good , but i think last year was better

Alessandra: much better this year

Candice: i think she rocked the put a spell on u segment, but thats all! (btw her outfits were not sexy enough)

Erin: Rocked it but in Pink section i think was a bad idea give her spotlight to Nicki Minaj!

Behati: cute like always

Lindsay: rocked it!

Lais: meh! she is sooo boring

Chanel: was too way excited, she forgot that actually its a catwalk! awful

Miranda: rocked it but in the Put a spell on u section, boring

Doutzen: only liked her opening segment

Toni: gorgeous

Bredje: gorgeous

Joan: gorgoeus

Anja: awful

Maryna:she was like so fierce last year, this year just good

Izabel: rocked it

Shannan : AMAZING , she is very enterteining

Jessica Clarke , Elsa, Caroline and Ieva: SUPER cute

Karlie: i hate her skinny body , but i have to say she rocked it!

Carmen Pedaru: Boring and granny face

Cameron russell: she didnt shined at all , and dont walk good

Lily: meh!

Anais and Emanuela: very good!

The Asians: were just ok...

Shanina: so tired of her kisses

Caroline winberg: i dont remenber her lol

Lily D: very good

Julia Stegner: granny walk and face , VS need to stop put in her always

Flavia: good but i think she would rocked it if they put her on a section with faster music to see her amazing walk

the Jablonski bitches: BORING like always

I liked it, better than last year for sure.

BTW, I noticed a "strange" behavior of Adriana, I mean, she was on top as always, but for example when she closed Passion, she stopped to give thanks, and gave a nod as to say "yes you're right", and seemed that she was always about to cry...or maybe I must blame lights? I really want to be wrong, but it seemed that she was saying in her way that this was her last show...

The Victorias Secret Fashion Show 2011

HD

http://www.filesonic.com/file/4051633194/t...x264-orenji.mkv

SD

http://www.filesonic.com/file/4051685554/t...tv.xvid-fqm.avi

if there is some site that you prefer me to upload that accepts remote uploading let me know

Awesome! Yea, for the first link, a site like megaupload.com that splits the file up into parts. D/L one file @ 1.22 GB generally requires membership fees.

Edit: I just googled it' and the hd version is online.

I liked it, better than last year for sure.

BTW, I noticed a "strange" behavior of Adriana, I mean, she was on top as always, but for example when she closed Passion, she stopped to give thanks, and gave a nod as to say "yes you're right", and seemed that she was always about to cry...or maybe I must blame lights? I really want to be wrong, but it seemed that she was saying in her way that this was her last show...

not anywhere near....shes got 2 more years left on her current contract and she is planning on resigning

Well guys don't expect it to change cause the ratings are in and the show is a hit for VS & CBS.

It scored 10.3 million viewers which is the highest since 2002 and scored 4.6 rating amongst adults 18-49 at the 10pm slot. That's the biggest demo rating in 9 years.

So it's safe to say the format VS is in now will stay the same for next year. It all depends on what drew the public in obviously.

... it did well because 4 of the biggest current artist were playing and people want a free show? I don't think it had a damn thing to do with the models or the outfits. Entertainment yes, models no. Suck entertainment next year and ratings will drop