Bellazon

2012 SI Swimsuit

Based on what I have seen already, some thoughts:

• Kate's shoot was alright (not great), but I still think they made a mistake on the shot they chose for the cover (this is my favorite Kate picture of this year). Besides her great body, Kate's main asset is her obvious playfulness and it really shines in that shot.
  • I didn't mind seeing Bar coupled with a few athletes in a studio, but was it really too much to ask to shoot the fourth set on location as opposed to in a studio as well?
  • I'm sorry, but I'm still fuming that Jessica Perez got the slot that should have gone to Catrinel. Are you telling me you believe it was for the best? Competition or no competition, they really dropped the ball on that one.
  • Nina is my favorite rookie even though I expected a little more from her shoot as well. Lets say they fulfilled 80% of my expectations with her. :)
  • Poor year by Irina's standards. It's like they didn't even try a year after she got the cover...
  • Genevieve: different year, same problem. She has one of the best bodies in the entire issue, but she just doesn't shine in her shots. She is merely "present" in them. A shame.
  • Michelle Vawer is a very cute girl. But in 75% of the shots she looks like a teen who stumbled upon the set and the photographer asked if she wanted to give it a go as well. :rofl:

Favorites:

- Bar, especially her photoshoot with Nadal, you can see she's much more comfortable with him than with the other two guys, must be because they're friends. Wish she had an 'on location' photoshoot though

- Kate

- Anne V

- Izabel

- Jessica Perez, my Rookie of the Year :heart:

- Nina Agdal

Flops/I was expecting more from:

- Irina Shayk

- Crystal Renn

- Alyssa Miller

Pleasant Surprise:

- Genevieve Morton

- Kirby Griffen

- Michelle Vawer

Didn't care for the others

Overal - Much better than last year but they fucked up everyone's faces with the photoshop. God bless them for not having White again, hope she never returns

If Nina had more then 2 or 3 facials poses i'd like her more here.

Kate and Bar were meh. Why with the athletes? Put Kate and Bar making out with each other, you'd sell every issue made.

Improved your post. ;)

:rofl: ...seriously though at least put that photoshop to good use xD

Kirby = Mini Tyra Banks :heart:

Hit the nail on the head! She was pretty good. Tyra Banks would've killed her as shes ones of the best. But then again Tyra is aside the point of the thread. Lol

I also think Nina Agdal is a baby Brooklyn Decker. Maybe if Nina was blonde

Agree with you Sympathy^

SI2012 -- this year was bittersweet.

I liked the photography for sure. The locations were much more mellow than previous years but still great.

As for the models:

Jessica Perez: worked it like a pro. Best rookie performance-wise. Her was tan and hair were the best part IMO.

Crystal Renn: love the look. Sucked.

Michelle Vawer: super adorable. Love her long limbs and awkwardness. Did ok.

Kirby Griffin: Pretty good. Some shots were bland. I love the whole mini Tyra aspect.

Adaora: stunning. Added MUCH needed feistyness to SI.

Nina Agdal: is such a natural for SI. Best Rookie hands down. Stunning shot after stunning shot. Gorgeous.

Cintia Dicker: locale really brought out her hair. Loved shots as a whole they were stunning. 4/5

Jessica Gomes: looked stunningly gorgeous. Some shots were dull. Want more sand shots

Izabel Goulart: hate her for SI. Love hair and color. Thats it. Does model well but needs more meat on face.

Julie Henderson: likeable. Loved hair. Performance superb. Wish a more softer look though. Gisele-like sexiness.

Ariel Meredith: pretty. Some good shots. Most just ok.

Alyssa Miller: looked better. Hair softened her and brought out tan and bikini colors. Only liked a couple shots.

Genevieve Morton: hairs nice. Still never stands out. But a few shots were iconic.

Bar Rafaeli: knockout body. Adored a few shots. Studio was a horrible idea. Super disappointed with "comeback".

Irina Shayk: huge joke. Fell flat on her face and stayed there. Liked just 2 shots. Step it up or quit.

Chrissy Teigen: loveable. A quarter of the shots are keepers. Hateable as well. Could not come to terms with the rest

Kate Upton: rocked it. Def her best yet. Deserved the cover. Almost every shot was killer. Some were boring though.

Anne V: gorgeous. Most shots were stunning. Looked washed out in a few. Dissapointed over cover loss after 8 years! Didn't smile enough also. And only 28 frames?! Really??!

Would've liked to see Esti back. She's not doing much with her career anymore. Kinda miss Brooklyn Decker too. One of the best models SI has had ever. Brooklyn knows how to work the camera.

First of all - thanks to Pretty and Pheno for all the pics, really appreciated, as always :hug:

Second... I´m not a fan of Kate at all, but she really looked one of the best this year. And Kiki knows how much I´m NOT into her... she really shined (but me no like the cover!!) - I actually felt some kind of pleasure looking through her pics. What the hell.

Third - Nina looked great, she still has some things to improve but after seing videos too - she was lovable, endearing and sexy - loved her.

I was dissapointed by Cintia, I really expected more :( same for Alyssa... still, great bodies :heart:

Just a brief thought, I still need to check all the pics more thoroughly.

Most importantly - what the fu*k SI did to those beautiful girls photoshoping the hell out of them?? :persuazn: it´s awful! Stop it, for god´s sake!! :cry: not ONE of them needed it! I actually like the videos much more, especially because of this!

I never understood the idea that Anne V had earned the cover because she had been in the issue 8 times.

Perhaps it tells its own story if you are in it that much but you never get the "highest" honor?

Not that I'm saying she is a bad model for them.

Yes I suppose *sigh*. Idk maybe being an Anne fan it seemed like an all too cold slap in the face. Deep down all the models want the cover. And I'm sure Anne must feel bummed out the most since she had the most appearances from the rest. While I'm sure it must sting I don't see Anne being much of a b**ch about it either. I believe the 8 years part is really something to be proud of in of itself. The cover would've been the crowning event. Maybe next year, who knows? However, Kate and the cover. Judging from her shots they just fit together. It might have been unfitting for Kate any other year anyways. Plus her career has so much to expand on now with her being just 19. Anne? Not so much.

Well that's enough rambling from me. Thank you all especially Pheno and Pretty for the pics!

Edit: Aww! Anne's such a good sport! She sends her congrats to Kate for the hot cover.

I think Cintia looked so gorgeous, but I think they photoshopped her body too much. Theres no way a girls waiste could be that little :o

And Bar fans got to say, that was one of the worst combacks ever. She has a great body, but the photos were sooooooooooo meh.

I thought Nina made a great debut!

And Kate just looks awesome ;)

Kate and Nina were my favorites. Kate is just hot, hard to imagine shes just 19yo o_O

I miss girls from previous editions like Esti, Hillary Rhoda, Brooklyn Decker and Kim Cloutier.

I also think Bar´s photoshoot was one of the worst Ive ever seen of her. She was amazing in every other SI appearence. Studio shots were very meh and she taking pictures with a bunch of dudes wasnt very... cool :p My biggest disappointment by far!

Heres hoping for a better 2013 edition and please bring Candice Boucher :p !!!