Bellazon

The Walking Dead

Prettyphile

Epic last episode. When Michonne killed Philippe the psychopath, i jumped on my coach to applause. Best.moment.ever.

I am sure about one thing, Carole did not kill the 2 people. She knows who killed them and protect that person (My bet is on the little girl who fed the walkers with rats)

Agreed. Given the factions that resulted from the chaos at the end of the last episode, I'm guessing that she'll end up running into one of them, and my bet is that it will be the Tyreese and kids group.

I was thinking the same thing. I feel like they want us to think she's dead only for her to reappear in second half of the season. It seems like they're setting the second half of the season to follow what happens in the graphic novel when Rick and crew initially battled the Governor and crew. If that's the case, I wonder how many of the novel's characters will be introduced soon.

• 1 month later...

The Walking Dead' spinoff still in early stages of development

he details of the "Walking Dead" spinoff are still unclear, but AMC executives are taking their time to make sure it doesn't negatively impact the original series, which is still the primary focus.

"What we want to do is not diminish the mothership. What we want to do is find something that everyone involved feels as passionately about as being a unique vehicle and unique enterprise as compared to the original series," network chief Charlie Collier tells Vulture. "We'll take our time, and we'll do it right."

However, at this point there's really not much to say because the show is still in development, according to programming head Joel Stillerman. "Walking Dead" comics creator Robert Kirkman isn't exactly bursting with free time. Between working on "The Walking Dead" Season 4 and the comic book, along with a new project at Showtime, his plate is pretty full already.

Stillerman says a few ideas have been tossed out for the series, "but primarily what [Kirkman's] working on is, what is the idea that gives [him] as clear a mandate to make another version of this show as [he] had for the first one?" Once they figure that out, then they can move forward with the story.

While fans may be chomping at the bit for more walker action, it sounds like the spinoff won't be happening for quite a while.

^I actually rank season 4 the best along with season 2 for me! Season 3 was just not good...I mean it was good, but not walking dead good :p

How would everybody rank the seasons starting by listing your favorite to least fav?

Mine would probably go Season 2, Season 4 (narrowley edged out by season 2, probably because Shane :D ) Season 1, Season 3 :)

^ I agree with you.

Season 3 was good to begin with but then slowly went downhill especially with how the writers treated Andrea, a fan favourite in the comics. Michonne was a great new addition though. And I did enjoy The Governor in season 3, man, he was a prick but he was a good villain. 

It took me a couple episodes to really get into season 4 but I've been loving it ever since. I did enjoy The Governor's stand alone episodes. That mid-season finale really blew my mind, so epic and heartbreaking too. Why do they do this to us? That mid-season finale had a lot of references to the comics which a lot of people hated which I never understood why, as most of the comic readers were moaning the show didn't have enough references to the comics but whenever the show added some, they all bitched about it.

Episode 9. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't horrible. 

I enjoyed seeing that Michonne flashback/nightmare. Carl is a little turd again but I can understand why he was acting that way. Everyone treats him like a kid and he is a kid, growing up in that kind of environment would be tough. Dead humans trying to eat you, everyone you love dying, watching someone get their head chopped off, seeing 'your sisters' blood in her baby seat with her body missing, having your father beaten to a pulp and almost die. Yeah, I'd probably act like him too at his age and with everyone that is going on.

Not every episode has to be action packed. Real life continues on and the mundane needs to be addressed or we'll all burn out on the good vs bad, zombie vs human, human vs human, forage for food and find a safe place to stay storyline.

I personally thought it was great getting to see Carl begin to come into his own (teenage/manhood), and I'm curious what not having a normal childhood is going to do to the psyche of this young man as he gets older.

I don't necessarily see them having fully dropped the "Carl becomes a full-blow psychopath" storyline at all. It's not like someone just flips a switch and he goes crazy, it's a slow gradual progression and you can already see bits and pieces of it coming together. He's becoming a very troubled youth and as he grows more into himself and becomes more self-reliant I can see that progressing further. Even psychopaths have ties and emotions towards people around them.

I don't necessarily see them having fully dropped the "Carl becomes a full-blow psychopath" storyline at all. It's not like someone just flips a switch and he goes crazy, it's a slow gradual progression and you can already see bits and pieces of it coming together. He's becoming a very troubled youth and as he grows more into himself and becomes more self-reliant I can see that progressing further. Even psychopaths have ties and emotions towards people around them.

The comics version has always been far more detached and displayed sociopathic tendencies from the get go. In the TV show, they have sporadically hinted at that, but not at all in this season.

^ I saw the tendencies during the last episode. First when he kept telling himself he was okay, then the complex of no fear. Last year after his mother's death you could see him distancing himself from the idea of people as humans, and looking at them more as cannon fodder, and even back in season 2 something was off about the kid (thanks shane)

Speaking of, I found this:
The Walking Dead Season 4: Carl Becomes a Full-On Sociopath
By the end of of The Walking Dead’s third season, once innocent Carl Grimes had seen more than his fair share of bloodshed and heartbreak. Somewhere between the start of the zombie apocalypse and dad Rick’s mental breakdown, Carl grew up.
The turning point for the younger Grimes was definitely when he was forced to shoot his mom, Lori, after she died in childbirth. In all fairness, Carl only offed his mom so she wouldn’t become a walker, but his actions still went far beyond the scope of what any young kid should be forced to do. Rick’s subsequent breakdown after hearing of Lori’s death didn’t help the situation, and Carl was grieving and alone.
While Rick and Lori had managed to shield their son from as much as possible, he felt nothing after her death, no longer able to differentiate between right and wrong. Season 3 saw Carl get progressively darker and he cemented his sociopath status after he shot an innocent, unarmed survivor looking for help.
According to Rick’s portrayor, Andrew Lincoln, Carl’s mental state will be a big part of the first half of the season. The relationship with Carl is integral to the beginning of this season,” he revealed. “Carl turning into a sociopath at the end of last season definitely woke [Rick] up.” As such, you’ll find the perpetual leader “in a completely new place; he’s renounced a lot of his responsibilities for the sake of his children,” Rick said at the show’s panel during San Diego Comic-Con 2013.
With a “new threat” around this season, it sounds like Rick will have his hands full! Do you think Carl will ever be innocent and sweet again? Share your thoughts and theories below!

^ Interesting!

I think too that Carl will eventually develop into a sociopath. Since season 2 it's possible to see the process, but I thought it would be quicker after he shot that kid in season 3. In the new episode he kind of remind me again of Shane with his talk about Rick "not being able to keep the group safe".

Will be interesting what will happen to him through the rest of this season.

Epic last episode. When Michonne killed Philippe the psychopath, i jumped on my coach to applause. Best.moment.ever.

I am sure about one thing, Carole did not kill the 2 people. She knows who killed them and protect that person (My bet is on the little girl who fed the walkers with rats)

Agreed. Given the factions that resulted from the chaos at the end of the last episode, I'm guessing that she'll end up running into one of them, and my bet is that it will be the Tyreese and kids group.

I think Tyreese is the one who took "little bad ass" baby Judith with him or one of the 4 kids. As walkers do not use doggybag I don't think Baby J was one of their snack. We would have seen left over like a diaper or a leg. Sumthin gross.

So I'm finally caught up! Carl..MUCH BETTER. Half the reason I hate Carl is because the kid playing him was just so awkward...but now that hes kinda growing up and his acting skills are improving. 

both episodes were good, I liked how they showed how they are all basically walking over eachothers tracks. I hate though how everytime people/groups die they have to introduce a new one right away, like just keep it to the basic peeps for a little bit