Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I think they're making a big deal about it now, when they didn't before because social media has become such a big deal. It's an easy way to reach out to their target audience and introduce what could potentially be filling the role that the old roster did. Karlie did get almost an entire segment to herself in the fashion show so it's not entirely true that everyone was ignored.

VS has never just been about selling lingerie. They sell their models as much as they do their clothing. When you walk into a store you can expect a portion of the customers to know who the girls are on the posters. They do signings where consumers go out of their way to come in and get pictures with them. I think the company is making the effort to introduce a large crop of new girls and make them known to the public. I wouldn't be surprised if this next year is a test of sorts to see who takes off the most and that quite a few of these girls are slowly phased out.

It's actually a great thing the way VS are focusing on these girls. Their problem for a long time was not giving news on who is an Angel and who isn't an Angel. It was hard to tell. They used to release press releases but after Doutzen they stopped. Then they started using bombshells with Rosie, Candice, Emanuela, Chanel, Lindsay etc and Emanuela never even was contracted. It was messy we didn't know anything. And only recently have they made statements when Angels have left. They for so long kept it quiet. For once they made a big deal about signing girls. It's a good thing. And like pheno said. Social media is so huge now. I said a while back that collectively these girls have 5 million followers. VS has like 13 million. It's a great way to get these girls out there.

OMG I love Behati for that! She's being so shady....hahaha reminding all the new girls to be happy, but to respect their elders  ;)

But it's true. While all these new girls are partying and drinking champagne about their ultra-exclusive (lol) angel status, Behati and co. got the contract by putting in a lot of time with the company and paying their dues.

Edit: I get a feeling that Bregje and Shanina (and possibly Josephine) are seething somewhere.

Candice & Adriana were both hired as angels at the age of 19, and just shortly after they walked their first show. Guess they didn't pay their dues  :idk:

Bitches be needing to work to get that contract! Lazy ass models.

Oh Gisele also booked at 19 and barely had work under her belt... 

KK was 16 when she started in their 2000 web cast, and she wore the FB in 2002 and yet wasn't booked as a angel tilll 2005. There is no rhyme or reason to how or why these girls get booked. Stop saying people need to EARN their wings, PAY their dues, DESERVE a contract. Just stop people.

It's a forum. You can't just tell people to STOP having and expressing an opinion. Jesus christ. I guess if we don't agree with you, we all should just shut up. 

Why are you getting all butt hurt? o.o The subject at hand has run it's course into the ground and has spilled over from this thread to threads that have zero relevance to VS and many of us are over it. I'm going to wear the princess crown this round.  If you guys what to continue to bitch about it, then by all means have at it  but expect us to continue saying STOP.

post-31367-0-1446078549-27849_thumb.gif

iz be the villain :chicken: muahahah

I'm not butt hurt. I just thought that that particular sentence was a bit disrespectful. There's no need for an admin to tell a member to STOP talking about something if it isn't violating a rule or irrelevant to the discussion. If I were talking about this in another random thread I could totally understand your reaction. 

Anyway, I wonder how this year's VSFS will pan out with so many angels. I can already foreshadow a hell of a mess when it comes to editing. 

OMG I love Behati for that! She's being so shady....hahaha reminding all the new girls to be happy, but to respect their elders  ;)

But it's true. While all these new girls are partying and drinking champagne about their ultra-exclusive (lol) angel status, Behati and co. got the contract by putting in a lot of time with the company and paying their dues.

Edit: I get a feeling that Bregje and Shanina (and possibly Josephine) are seething somewhere.

Candice & Adriana were both hired as angels at the age of 19, and just shortly after they walked their first show. Guess they didn't pay their dues  :idk:

Bitches be needing to work to get that contract! Lazy ass models.

Oh Gisele also booked at 19 and barely had work under her belt... 

KK was 16 when she started in their 2000 web cast, and she wore the FB in 2002 and yet wasn't booked as a angel tilll 2005. There is no rhyme or reason to how or why these girls get booked. Stop saying people need to EARN their wings, PAY their dues, DESERVE a contract. Just stop people.

It's a forum. You can't just tell people to STOP having and expressing an opinion. Jesus christ. I guess if we don't agree with you, we all should just shut up. 

Why are you getting all butt hurt? o.o The subject at hand has run it's course into the ground and has spilled over from this thread to threads that have zero relevance to VS and many of us are over it. I'm going to wear the princess crown this round.  If you guys what to continue to bitch about it, then by all means have at it  but expect us to continue saying STOP.

post-1004-0-1446078555-34117_thumb.gif

iz be the villain :chicken: muahahah

I'm not butt hurt. I just thought that that particular sentence was a bit disrespectful. There's no need for an admin to tell a member to STOP talking about something if it isn't violating a rule or irrelevant to the discussion. If I were talking about this in another random thread I could totally understand your reaction. 

Anyway, I wonder how this year's VSFS will pan out with so many angels. I can already foreshadow a hell of a mess when it comes to editing. 

If it's not in RED, it's not a rule or a declaration. My opinion stands and note, it's not in red.

Within the last few years, social media has exploded as an important platform so I completely get why these girls are being pushed. Even since karlie was made an angel, things like Instagram and snapchat have become more and more utilized. Vogue even had an entire issued dedicated to the insta-girls so vs is just following the trend.

It's actually a great thing the way VS are focusing on these girls. Their problem for a long time was not giving news on who is an Angel and who isn't an Angel. It was hard to tell. They used to release press releases but after Doutzen they stopped. Then they started using bombshells with Rosie, Candice, Emanuela, Chanel, Lindsay etc and Emanuela never even was contracted. It was messy we didn't know anything. And only recently have they made statements when Angels have left. They for so long kept it quiet. For once they made a big deal about signing girls. It's a good thing. And like pheno said. Social media is so huge now. I said a while back that collectively these girls have 5 million followers. VS has like 13 million. It's a great way to get these girls out there.

I agree 100%. This is a different era of marketing now. When the Angel line up was announced yesterday, I couldn't log onto Facebook without seeing something about the new Angels. Everyone was reporting on it, and it's huge publicity for VS. And VS actually announcing the girls has been really great for them. Elsa gained over 25K followers on Instagram since the announcement, and I'm sure the other girls are faring similarly. This is building VS's brand, and it's building the girls up as well.

DEAD @ the coffins on the other page. 

The show is in 6 months. I'm willing to bet that by then a few of the 10 will have already separated from themselves from the rest of the pack and they'll get a push via outfits and/or screen time for VSFS.